Fuel savings with acetone?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
wirbelwind262
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by wirbelwind262 » 08/02/06, 15:29

Hello!
André, do you use acetone with the essence of your trap?
What type is this, beaver, cessna, otter, piper, beechcraft?
And the mill: radial, flat, lycomming, pratt?
thanks, @ + and good flights!
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 08/02/06, 16:08

If you are interested, a small link on acetone and many test results:

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Acetone_as_a_Fuel_Additive
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/02/06, 17:03

Interesting, thank you.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 08/02/06, 17:16

Hello M-262
the engine is a Lycomyng O-290 4 flat cylinder
It is preferable not to put acetone in the fuel directly in the tanks, they are coated with a leakproof product, which can dissolve and clog the filters,
I only use it in the primer pump to release the valves only when using a fuel other than 100LL
Go see Location, you have the picture of the bird.

Andre
0 x
The must
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by The must » 14/02/06, 23:21

Hi all I use the acetone and I save fuel that depent speed but 90 about I know 1,5 less and has 130 about 3litres less
on the stalker it is very interesting and especially more harmful emmanation
but the most interesting is the opacity
I spent a trunk Renault 280 very old first 4,59 3 passage instead of 0,56 maxi and after having put a serious dose of acetone it is ironing 4 so less than a euro 1 (about XNUMX)
the fragrance released by oil (40% currently) is attenuate and to complete the smell I add a few drops of essential oil of thyme
so I do not understand that you are retaining to the use of acetone
Amitiers Paul
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 22/06/06, 16:21

In the news of Quant'homme:
Experiments.
1 - with acetone
http://perso.orange.fr/quanthommesuite/nouv210606.htm
0 x
BornToBeWild
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Ah? Is he surprised!

by BornToBeWild » 22/06/06, 19:01

: Cheesy: Hi merry company!

Acetone is a super diluent. My first experience with acetone, I was 12 years old, and I needed to clean the dried acrylic paint on my brushes (an oversight, I'm not like that myself!). To soak the brushes and not dirty a glass, I had the good idea to put acetone in a disposable plastic glass! Yes ! I already see connoisseurs who are having fun! :P Well yes, after 10 mn the bottom of the glass (plastic) was completely eaten by acetone (it surprises you?) : Lol:

So my question: considering that the site Quanthomme, it has no interest for engines "carbs" (whose polymer membranes had to taste during the test!), On the circuit of injection feed, with a plastic fuel tank (as on a ZX for example), there is no risk of premature wear? :| And this despite the very low proportion of acetone! What plastic are the acetone bottles made of?

The system "Vortex house" described on Quanthomme, can not it be made of polypropylene plastic? Although the motor below the air intake sleeve heats up, the air intake does not necessarily require the use of metal, if? :|

Yes, yes, I'm coming too!
0 x
Neither submissive nor rebellious ... Wild !!!
Other

by Other » 22/06/06, 20:33

Hello
It is not because it is written on Quant man that it serves as a scientific study! Whatever !
acetone no interest on a carburetor engine, it could have added turbulator also no interest on carburetor and also the turbulator no interest on diesels indirect injection!
You just have to wonder why with a fuel and an injection there is a differrence .. In injection there is a Lambda probe
and a computer that controls the injection, so even if it improves the combustion acetone or turbulator the probe brings the corrections or the observation of the economy.
With a carburetor like Mr the carburetor everyone will always send a ratio of gasoline according to its design automaticity ect .. in general according to the air which passes in the venturi, that the air is hot or cold, or wet it does not correct anything
Whether the combustion is good or bad is always the same setting.
It is quite different when you operate a carburetor engine with a manual adjustable mixture, I know what I'm talking about turbulator, I use it for a very long time
We can not compare acetone and turbulator so differrence is great

Put acetone in a mower and readjust the small aim of the hot engine carburetor 1 / 2 tower more tight and verrifie differrence!

Andre
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 22/06/06, 21:45

Hello
the site Quant man relates only an experiment whose 3 vehicles with carbu did not give a result positf ...

For the bottle of Acetone it is polyethylene
for reservoirs this looks a lot too.
0 x
laurent73
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by laurent73 » 22/06/06, 21:52

Hello everybody

I would like to try acetone on my renault 19 petrol engine 1.4e energy.
If it is better not to insert it in the tank (50litres), or should it be put (I did not understand everything, I do not have the mechanical science infuse but I want to learn).

If not for the installation of the turbulator, it is between the air intake and the carburetor?

a + and thanks in advance
0 x