CO2 transformation

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 07/11/06, 11:24

Hello Targol (I apply myself to write it : Mrgreen: )
I found this in a list of links that dragged into more firefox of the head it looked pretty good:
http://perso.orange.fr/bernard.pironin/aquatech/eau-co2.htm
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 07/11/06, 21:42

Targol wrote:[...] Otherwise, we know that the oceans are responsible for the part of the trapping of CO2 and that this results in acidification. What chemical formula is involved in this? [...]
CO2 + H20 => HCO3- + H +

The hydrogencarbonate can become carbonate later and thus form limestone ...
There is also the direct solubilization of CO2 in water
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
bebeours
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by bebeours » 09/11/06, 18:01

I do not understand why you want to directly reabsorb the CO2 in the air. This method remains active and requires financial resources and a high return.
Your logic passes first by active means and you reject photosyntosis which will be a passive method and much less expensive. Besides reforestation with a gradual absorption of CO2.
Here is a link where I explain one of my ideas
http://1pe2tou.over-blog.net/article-4480803.html
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/11/06, 14:45

Given with respect to a car
0,6 Kg co2 / km (gram of CO rejected per km traveled)
500000 km / life (number of km traveled by a car during its life)
300000 Tonnes / car life
0,03 L / km (liter of fuel per km traveled, here we count 3l / 100km)
15000 L / Car life (liter of fuel consumed by a car over a whole “car” life)
Even if you specify that these figures are "exaggerated", there are obviously problems of scale.

The average CO2 / km emission rate is directly related to fuel consumption. Taking into account only the VPs, we can estimate that even if we do not arrive at the figures coming from the tests of homologation, the consumption average of all vehicles in circulation does not exceed 10 l / 100km, about 250 gr CO2 / km ...
Your 600 gr CO2 / km figure would require more than 20 l / 100 on average ??

And lower, you take as base 3l / 100 on average too :?: :?: :?:

The life of a car is also too high, by a factor of 2.

If we take back your figures, we have: total production of CO2 during the life of the vehicle = longevity * specific production = 250 000 * 250 = 62 500 000 gr of CO2 is 62,5 tons (and not 300 000 !!!)

For fuel: 0,1 l / km * 250 000 = 25 000 l

€ 0,030 € / L (tax to be added to fuel to allow reforestation)
€ 450 / car (total tax that can be added directly to the purchase of the car)

Given with respect to trees
2000 CO2 / tree (weight of CO2 absorbed by a tree during its life)
3 € € / Tree (cost of planting and maintaining a tree)
400 tree / ha (number of trees per hectare)
100 Ha / km (number of hectares per km)
40000 tree / km

The figures given on the Oriaz site say that a Laricio pine from Corsica can absorb about 50 t of CO2 ... Ok but ... the calculation below is wrong!

An 19 pin m3 (calculation result) stores: volume * density * ratio C in the wood = 19 * 0,46 * 0,5 = 4,37 tonnes of C that correspond to 16 tonnes of atmospheric CO2 (C / O ratio by weight = 12 / 32 = 0,375) ...

Be careful, however, of one thing, on which depends all your scenario: a mature forest does not store more CO2! So this capture of atmospheric CO2 in the wood is only temporary...

To meditate, and it can answer the first sentence of your post ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
rabbit of the woods
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

??

by rabbit of the woods » 21/11/06, 21:07

I just read the post of pollux and I have trouble understanding ... Basically what is proposed is to recover the co2 coal power plants to make coal : Shock: : Shock:

So if I understand well it gives: coal = energy + co2 and after energy + co2 = coal. Basically it's a lot of structure to get nothing ... sorry, pure carbon ...
and all the impurity (sulfur etc. ..) we do what in this reaction ... baaah ... it goes in the atmosphere : Cry:

So the best thing to do would be not to burn coal or hydrocarbon, but here I dream to wake up, as much ask a child not to eat candy halloween ...

In short if we come in one way or another to reform the coal the only thing to do with it is to re-bury it and when we come to this stage it is that we will be in a hell of a shit at the level of global warming, because of course we do not earn any money in the operation.

now the fact of replanting trees is a good idea even if it is only temporary storage, it has the merit of being inexpensive, the problem where?
in France it is already even intensifying the planting area is lacking after it remains countries with enough area: The United States
: Lol: : Lol: : Lol: (It's good to laugh sometimes)
, the former USSR, China : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: (I have to stop messing around)
or while Brazil replanting trees (how would it ever be that it stops in cut ..)
same problem in central africa where the forest remains primarily an individual or national livelihood.
0 x
gdf
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by gdf » 29/06/07, 17:29

When the forest has matured, we cut it, we build furniture, houses, boats, with planks, and we replant young trees that remix the CO2.
Me it seems to me the solution.

Now grow a forest in the Sahara I'm not sure it's so easy, it does not grow without water trees, but with good will ...
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."