Limiting Global: How CO2?

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Limit the warming: how many CO2?

by Forhorse » 23/06/21, 15:29

Obamot wrote:To answer this question in a scientific way, it would take direct evidence, I presume, and therefore having made measurements in the oceans for 40 years! I don't believe it exists. :P

No need to go back so far, if we have the measurements over the last 30 or 40 years, if the increase in the level of Co2 in the atmosphere is due to the "release" of it by the warming oceans, then the level of C02 in the oceans is expected to drop.
Is that the case ?

I have heard it said that it is increasing everywhere, including in the oceans (which would cause their acidification) while supposedly, since the temperature of the water increases, the concentration should drop.
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/06/21, 15:45

My biochemistry teacher always told me (with relevant questions like yours):

- "You have to try to see!"

I think, in fact, that the issue of global warming is extremely worrying. we must do everything to limit our emissions and for that, since nuclear power is a dead end (very limited in geological time) I do not understand why countries do not invest massively in thermodynamic solar energy? Very similar in terms of industrial efficiency. I am not in an apocalyptic view of the problem, but all the same, thermodynamics is still an unavoidable solution ... So why is it not done?

It is a great pity that this has become a political issue, and even a geopolitical one! It can only muddy the waters!
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 24/06/21, 21:11

Obamot wrote:For once we are in agreement again, I do not see why there are still people discussing this point ...

Are you from another planet ?! Or have you become a climate realist?
Because what is being said in the trouducosphere of the warmists is that it is the CO2 which causes the warming. While this study clearly shows that warming causes the increase in CO2.
Before devouring fabulous sums to try to reduce CO2 for nothing, it is therefore urgent to take stock.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/06/21, 22:53

Exnihiloest wrote:Because what is being said in the trouducosphere of the warmists is that it is the CO2 which causes the warming. While this study clearly shows that warming causes the increase in CO2
I'm not qualified enough to say anything in this area, but what I've highlighted in yellow feels right to me.
The reason seems to me boeotian, since in view of the gigantic mass contained in the oceans, the opposite would violate the laws of physics. But there may be elements that escape me ...

As for believing that man “could control the climate”, it is very arrogant and I would be wary to go down that road, because what would happen after we had exhausted all the fossils? :?: Sudden shift in a glaciation according to the “natural climate” agenda at a time “T”, and relative to the position of the axis of rotation of the Earth in its course: there we would have won the jackpot: passage too fast to a situation of climate warming falling to Siberian temperatures and probable and sudden extension of a pharaminous quantity of species, both animal and plant, incapable of adapting in a very short time!
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 25/06/21, 09:44

And if not, in 30 years, the level of C02 in the ocean, does it decrease or does it increase?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/06/21, 11:44

Exnihiloest wrote:Because what is being said in the trouducosphere of the warmists is that it is the CO2 which causes the warming. While this study clearly shows that warming causes the increase in CO2.
In support of an article riddled with assertions of authority, withdrawn for lack of evidence ...
Too strong, you are the king : Mrgreen:
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/06/21, 12:40

Forhorse wrote:And if not, in 30 years, the level of C02 in the ocean, does it decrease or does it increase?
Professor Vincent Courtillot explains it in his video, have you seen it? He also says that the planet's surface temperature, measured by satellite, is dropping steadily.

And to answer your question, all this is now corroborated by a recent ETHZ study:
then YES the Co rate2 of ocean water increases. https://www.rts.ch/meteo/10298400-les-o ... -prix.html

Afterwards, everyone draws the conclusion they want, but it is obvious that it will continue to increase, if we have reached the temperature peak relating to / x cycle / s of Milankovitch ... but it is at “ thousand years close ”the Holocene ... then if you want a“ categorical ”answer you will have to be patient (fossilized even : Mrgreen: )

I'm just imagining, in pure speculation, but with some logic ... that we would eventually be heading back to glaciation, but the drop in relative temperatures would somehow be masked by anthropogenic GHG emissions. .

If you have conflicting data, publish it :!: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
For my part, I am not taking a position! J: have already said and explained why we should lower our emissions without being delighted by the controversial work of the IPCC ...
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 25/06/21, 22:30

Obamot wrote:Professor Vincent Courtillot explains it in his video

LOL, do you have any less credible explanation?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/06/21, 02:02

If ... And since you've been tackling me for a while, I'll answer you cordially.

- The 50/50:
- The opinion of the public, or ...;
- The call to another donkey;

The choice is yours
Last edited by Obamot the 26 / 06 / 21, 02: 04, 1 edited once.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 26/06/21, 02:03

Obamot wrote:- The call to another donkey

Joker! : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "Climate Change: CO2, warming, greenhouse effect ..."