A European petition against GMOs

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
sherkanner
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sherkanner » 03/03/10, 15:16

I had seen during the holidays it seems to me a report on arte (as I watch TV every 36 of the month, I'm more sure).
This report talked about farmers' problems with GM transgenic crops.

They went to India to show that the expected benefits were not there. Indeed, the plants were less infected and less sick, at least for the disease against which they are designed. Other diseases have taken over, making the use of pesticides necessary again. In short, zero balance, ruin of farmer all that ...

They then went to Latin America (Mexico) to show the risks of GMO crops. What struck me most at the moment was the fact that they were talking about the growing difficulty of keeping healthy plants without any trace of GMOs, especially for seedlings used in the old days (but red grown from the time of the Inca / Maya particular).

And that's where I think GMOs do the most harm. Soon there will be no more healthy plants. That's a benefit for Monsanto, especially by following their forced buying policy. Every year the peasants are obliged to buy new seedlings. If it goes back to a traditional use but the latter, by contamination contains GMOs, Monsanto attacks. : Evil:

With the potatoes, it's the same problem, the mayas (bees, must follow a little : Mrgreen: ) will not differentiate between healthy plants and GMOs, and do what they are made for, mix, and bring diversity to different plants.
0 x
When we work, we must always give 100%: 12% on Monday; 25% Tuesday; 32% Wednesday; 23% on Thursday; and 8% on Friday