My creator-recycling site

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/03/10, 21:25

Descartes preached methodical doubt as a prerequisite for all knowledge; in a way I think like Dante Alighieri He was warned when he entered hell, we must give up all hope.
Indeed, only a radical pessimism offers the possibility of rebuilding a measured and resolute optimism, since it alone makes it possible to mourn false illusions that are so comfortable. It also helps not to be discouraged by the magnitude of the task, Lao-Tzu wrote: "The sage does not depend on his goal".

You speak, O Caro,
... big industrialists (who) are still trying to make their mark ...
it is a moralistic and erroneous vision: those who profit or abuse merely obey a system they do not control.
What is the degree of freedom of a leader facing his shareholders?
They are as insane as the unemployed, except that their situation is much more comfortable! : Lol:

I saw your works: I'm not a good judge in the matter, (the decor is not my thing! *) But it seems to me full of creativity!
I also browsed your blog: I note with pleasure that if things go bad (black humor!) You will have room to grow vegetables ... (see * above). I recognize that this recreation of a nature (oxymoron, when you hold us!) Is rather successful in its kind ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
ecologicreation
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ecologicreation » 25/03/10, 02:10

Bonsoir

Glad to see this debate growing :D but I find you decidedly very pessimistic boys except Projetheus who joins my way of thinking. Of course, I really like Bernardd's metaphor on shadow theater, which refers to the puppets we are in front of this enormous monetary snake, the worry is that all of us are living in this system and that it is good. difficult unless to be on the margins of society to extricate themselves.

To answer Ahmed, I have never been a big fan of Descartes and am even less determined to give up all hope of seeing a better world, of course, I am an idealist, protest and rebellious like any self-respecting artist and even though I can easily understand your reasoning and agree that we are comfortably settled in our little life of false pretenses and illusions, I am not determined to get rid of my optimism.

Don't worry too much about my "moralistic and mistaken" view of industry and the system, I'm not fooled, just don't you think we are all alienated to some degree by society? Our education, our ideas , our work, even our hobbies, isn't everything formatted?

When it comes to creation, it's a good derivative and just like the garden, it allows me to lock myself in my bubble far from the turbulence of this world. When it comes to vegetables, I already gave in my childhood, I come from a family of farmers and that does not tempt me at all for the moment, the fact is that my father still cultivates a large garden and is not stingy on his crops lol. But it is clear that "if the going gets tough" as you say, I will have no trouble growing my vegetables and feeding my little family.
Glad that the ride in my universe you liked.

good night
expensive
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/03/10, 22:10

I have never been a big fan of Descartes ...

Descartes, it was just an analogy to introduce the idea of ​​"radical pessimism"; neither do I have an immoderate taste for this philosopher whose stature and influence I nevertheless recognize: with his concept of "animal-machines", did he not introduce what was going to lead to man-machine?

... and am even less determined to give up hope for a better world

Do not worry! This is not my intention: read it again, I do not want to bore with repetitions ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 31/03/10, 19:54

... it allows me to lock myself in my bubble away from the turbulence of this world.

Bubble for you or ivory tower for others, the temptation is strong to take refuge in a more malleable inner world and draw a certain serenity, I concede it to you.
It is a paradox, let's be fair, which is not new, to combine individualism and ever greater dependence, however it is a great almost generalized blindness to believe (with more or less intensity) "in the possibility of 'an island".
0 x
ecologicreation
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ecologicreation » 01/04/10, 02:24

Bonsoir

I do not see "my bubble" as an ivory tower, unless I understand it in a poetic sense as applied by Sainte-Beuve, to the poet Alfred de Vigny, who had a certain taste for retirement and more ...
For me, to shut yourself up in an ivory tower is to isolate yourself from the world to avoid any contact, it's more like a prison of the mind whereas when I say "my bubble", I hear it precisely as a liberation of my mind which is like on 'stand by' when I create, it's one of the rare moments when I don't think about it, lol, I'm in spontaneity, it's natural, it comes like that.
If I had to give an example for what, in my opinion, is the ivory tower, I will think more of the autists who isolate themselves and refuse to communicate, their spirit often so brilliant is well imprisoned in this body that flees all contact .
An artist, even if he likes to be alone and calm during the creation, does not isolate himself from the world, on the contrary, he often sends a message through his work, it is there a form of communication whatever one thinks of it.

You evoke individualism and dependence, I will see rather the relation between individual and collective interest. Once again, we can refer to Descartes, who had put forward the position of the thinking subject, the cogito, to oppose certain organizations of his time following the trial of Galileo. Can not the assertion of the individual be seen as a means of highlighting the individual talents of each (whether artistic or otherwise) to build a viable society?

good night
expensive
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/04/10, 15:18

I thank you for these clarifications that remove any ambiguity: certainly, the expression of its subjectivity is in no way contradictory with the satisfactory functioning of the collective sphere.
This is even what the (desirable) improvements in social relations should strive for: to reduce as much as possible the obstacles to individual fulfillment and to establish the positive conditions that favor their expression ... (Well, here we are not more in the trend!).
I do not really understand what you mean here:
...refer to Descartes who had put forward the position of the thinking subject, the cogito, to oppose certain organizations of his time following the trial of Galileo.

I doubt that the project of Descartes is directed against the faith of his time, besides, the trial of Galilee is surely not a good illustration of religious "obscurantism".
0 x
ecologicreation
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ecologicreation » 21/04/10, 01:56

Bonsoir

Sorry for not being able to answer Ahmed earlier, some disconnections internet .... it's beautiful a small village in a valley but not practical, lol.

I was not thinking specifically of religious obscurantism here, but rather of the fact that even Descartes as a thinking individual had been more than cautious about the society of his day since he had given up publishing the "Treatise on the World and of light "(which was not published until much later) when he learned of the condemnation of Galileo and that he decided following that to give another direction to his work which will be the" Discourse on the method "and the following tests. It just goes to show that we are always influenced in one way or another by the society in which we live, but also that the creation of an individual can in turn mark the collective.
It was just a wink since you seem to appreciate Descartes and philosophy in general that illustrated the position of the cogito in front of society.
But you're right to point out that the current trend is far from individual fulfillment, there is only the profit that counts unfortunately .... but hey, here we deviate from the subject of departure lol.

Good night
Caro
0 x