About antivirus station to prices ...

The developments of forums and the site. Humor and conviviality between the members of the forum - Tout est anything - Presentation of new registered members Relaxation, free time, leisure, sports, vacations, passions ... What do you do with your free time? Forum exchanges on our passions, activities, leisure ... creative or recreational! Publish your ads. Classifieds, cyber-actions and petitions, interesting sites, calendar, events, fairs, exhibitions, local initiatives, association activities .... No purely commercial advertising please.
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 26/08/08, 18:11

on my pc I turn with PC-Cillin micro trend, it's 3 years I'm happy, except that for a few me I have a laptop on which I installed Avast which speaks christophe, the free family version and I'm just as happy, I think Avast will replace PC-cillin at the end of his license
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 26/08/08, 19:41

Matt113 wrote:[Without windows the PC will become much less operational for many people.

Not so sure ... look at the number of mini PCs coming out under Linux. It does not prevent the success of these products that they do not have Windows ...

And then with Linux, Windows viruses are harmless!
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 26/08/08, 19:57

Superform wrote:yes, nod32 is the one I put in my clients

Well, my discretion did not last long, but if Christophe drops the fat end, I ask him to write himself if he can put the address of the supplier, although looking for a little ... we find.

Long live econology, the great corner of real-good bargains :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 26/08/08, 20:59

Korben Dallas wrote:Not so sure ... look at the number of mini PCs coming out under Linux. It does not prevent the success of these products that they do not have Windows ...

And then with Linux, Windows viruses are harmless!

I guess you're referring to the Asus CEED, it's sold well but most models are sold with Windows XP not with Linux.

Linux mainstream is far enough, especially when everyone works with MS at work, we want the same at home.

Moreover if we look at the sales figures of computers in France for the first half. We see that laptops represent about 50% of the market. In notebooks, the ultra portables account for 10% of sales in which it is necessary to differentiate the mini laptops sold cheap (case of the eeePC) of the ultra portables of other brands. So what is left as ultra portable type eeePC must still differentiate those sold under Linux and those sold under Windows. In the end there are not 1% of PC sold since the release of eeePC which are under Linux.
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 26/08/08, 21:05

A lot of these netbooks come out in Linux, it's not nothing anyway. The EeePC sold with SFR's 3G offer was only available in Linux.
Have you used this product? Frankly, to make it simpler, it seems difficult. Regardless of the operating system, the important thing is that the user can easily find it. The Xandros of the EeePC does this job well.

Finally, what I say is only my opinion. At home, I have 5 PC, including 4 under GNU / Linux, and one that is still under XP because it was on when I bought it. And frankly, I do not mind working on XP at work, and using Linux at home.

One thing is certain: Windows is very expensive for what it brings (not counting the bugs). Still, I admit that XP (not Vista) is a pretty good system and relatively stable, simple to use and reliable.
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 26/08/08, 21:12

It is clear that to do some basic tasks (word processing, internet, music, etc ...), Linux will not pose a problem, there are perfect distro for that. The big problem is that most users want their Office and Windows XP.

Now if you want to have a little more use of the PC and you do not have the knowledge Linux becomes hard.
On the other hand if you know very well Linux and Unix systems are no problem, we do everything from command line to work on the servers nothing like this : Cheesy:

small edit:

At home I use almost Windows is very rare that I use a Linux, a question of simplicity for a lot of things. I'm not at home to spend my time reconfiguring stuff in txt files often huge, and question is not always that it's also Linux, version problems, package dependencies endlessly, etc ... And then Windows for games too : Mrgreen:
0 x
Korben Dallas
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Korben Dallas » 26/08/08, 21:49

Okay, we will not fight ...
Of course, if you want to play with your PC, Windows is a good solution. Running Windows games on Linux is not within the reach of the first comer.
Nevertheless, I do not agree at all with you about system administration issues. It is much easier in my opinion under a Debian distribution than under Windows. M'enfin, this is only an opinion!

What do you use as distribution to your taf?

Me is Debian SID on 2 laptops and a desktop and Xandros on the EeePC.
0 x
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 26/08/08, 22:02

Slackware, Ubuntu.

I had a laptop with a debian, but it dropped me a long time ago (just after 3 years warranty that I had paid 100 €) : Cry:

: Cheesy:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/08/08, 22:19

the 5 home network machines run under NOD32, it's true that it's great: never trouble!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 26/08/08, 23:51

elephant wrote:the 5 home network machines run under NOD32, it's true that it's great: never trouble!

Well, I am delighted to see that there is so much opinion on the subject! and that you are addicted to the NOD does not surprise me!

So, if you buy your licenses at the French seller, go see their current rate, it's too good, should I remind you that you can switch to the 3 version for not a round? it is enough to have licenses in rules to be able to buy the updates which are still less expensive than the prices which I indicated above ...

The next topic, will be a small personal study on free that works well, some are indispensable (once we have tried!)

Could someone let me know which Linux distribution are interesting? and where to find them, thanks!

Good night all.... :P

Lietseu
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...