Biofuels and gasoline engine

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
Nikolian
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Nikolian » 26/06/07, 17:19

Henorm wrote:2 / Vegetable Oil doesn't mean anything, a Copra oil contains 45% unsaturated C12, a soybean oil contains 90% saturated C18: they are both vegetable oils and they have nothing to do with combustion -> Need to have a standard

An agreement on a standard was to take place between Germany, France and Italy.
French and Italian manufacturer refused to establish this standard.
If the automobile manufacturers refuse to develop the oil it will not be possible to reach the norm Euro4 with the oil.
Personally I think it's not that complicated to make an oil engine and the FAP that goes with it.
If this engine is born I do not think it is in Europe, we are too attached to oil.
Only a country like India or China could embark on the adventure, but it's a shame they do not have the same technical knowledge as us.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/06/07, 21:16

Henorm wrote:Ok I have everything I am not objective, I am an agent of the big oil and automobile lobby so the only objective is to pollute a maximum by winning a pile of money ..
It's funny, that's exactly what all those who do not support controversial arguments do: they make a mockery of the situation instead of thinking about the arguments against them!

You'll just notice that I selected some of your arguments that are not objective, I do not make a generality ...

Henorm wrote:1 / When you want to ride green you must comply with the latest anti-pollution standards in force and in addition limit emissions of CO2. From this point of view I do not see the interest of driving with HV and pass just Euro 2. If you really want to be green buy a Euro 4 car and simply put diesel in it ...
I do not agree with that!
We can very well "ride green" (what does that mean? : roll:) by making a car last for a while, new enough to have some technical refinements preventing it from polluting too much and consuming too much, and old enough to be able to drive with a locally produced agro-fuel (less than 100 km from my home) and in which very little gray energy is injected (cultivation, harvesting, pressing-filtration and short-distance transport).

I understand very well that for someone whose job is, indirectly, to sell as many cars as possible, this type of speech is relatively disturbing ... 8)

Henorm wrote:3 / Rolling Vegetable Oil has no interest if this oil was produced by exhausting water, deforesting amazonia or using a max of fertilizer
I never said the opposite, but there is way to do, locally, quite another thing ...
Moreover, should we remind you of all the "inconveniences" associated with the exploitation of oil? : roll:

Henorm wrote:It's been 100 years that we know how to run a motor with vegetable oil, why we do not do it? There is a simplistic answer that is it is the fault of oil tankers and builders.
You've just forgotten the economic factor, the most important of all ... Petroleum derivatives were cheaper until a very short time ago.

Henorm wrote:There is another one because today it is not the right answer to the environmental problems but this one nobody wants to hear it. If you're happy with yourself because you're getting Euro 2 with your HV engine, it's better for you and your conscience.
Not the right answer if you consider the views of builders who must meet current and future standards. But it's a good answer to use older vehicles by significantly reducing their environmental footprint. And that no manufacturer has ever recognized! :frown:

Henorm wrote:Today a green engine is defined by its emissions of NOx and CO2 (particles and HC, apart from the start are post-treat quite easily).
Yes and so ? Someone said the opposite of that here? Who ?

Henorm wrote:Biomass To Liquid means that we use "plants" (lawn mowing, algae, forest waste) or animal fats (lard) to make kerosene or diesel fuel using the Fischer Tropsch process. It is different from the first generation daughter who directly uses oil "from a plant."
Yes, I know all that, nothing new.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/06/07, 21:20

zac wrote:
Henorm wrote:End of debate as far as I am concerned. I put a foot in this forum following what I read about the Flex Fuel kits I see that the dialogue is difficult and that there are the nice users of ethanol / HV on one side and the bad builders on the other. As if we could not work in the automotive field and at the same time be concerned about the environment. So I leave you, after all you do what you want with your cars.

he did not even answer me and he runs away : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

@+
It's not new ...
You will also notice that he hardly ever replied on specific points, technical or otherwise, and that several times he tried to "drown the fish" ...
These are well-known techniques when we do not want to discuss seriously, or we have no arguments and we do not want to recognize it ...

Never mind.
0 x
Nikolian
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Nikolian » 26/06/07, 22:19

In any case, it's true that now it's the complete bulk in this subject
It is urgent to refocus the subject.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 26/06/07, 23:04

That's right, it completely deviated from this remark about HV.

Sorry to have contributed to this deviation, but there are things I do not miss.
0 x
JAPREN
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by JAPREN » 04/07/07, 11:59

This deviation nevertheless made it possible to give another dimension to the debate (Lumberjack: I did not say "a better", I said "another").
A lot of very interesting information has been exchanged. I only regret your aggressiveness, Bucheron, which led to the departure of Henorm.
I do not think that the forum is reserved only for insiders and I also think that some corrections can be given without passing the other for a con ..

It obviously does not detract from the interest of the debate, which, as I said, was very interesting.

In short, thank you Henorm and Bucheron. Bucheron calm you.
0 x
Everyone is wrong, and I agree with everyone.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/07/07, 14:28

JAPREN wrote:[...] Bucheron calm down.
We know each other ? Nah, so on another tone please ... : roll:

A forumeur wants to get out of a discussion because he doesn't like to be "upset", too bad for him, he is free to do what he wants ...

What I see is that he said some bullshit, that I pointed out to him and then disappeared!

By the way, I rarely post randomly ... whether it's the tone I'm using or the ideas I'm defending.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 06/07/07, 02:28

Henorm wrote:The Diesel will be killed by Euro 6 (2012 - 2013) because of NOx emission standards that will likely lead to additional costs of 2000 € on diesel engines and at this price .... [...]

Small precision: Euro6 is in 2014 that is planned (Source) and the extra cost is estimated at 590 € (European Commission) or 900 € (ACEA) ... (Source: article Caradisiac)

Who is in the right?
0 x
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 01/04/09, 15:35

Hello

launch of the new fuel SP95-E10

would it be an effect 1er April or a reality

theoretically available at the pump from April 2009

http://bourse.challenges.fr/news.hts?me ... ate=090401

under study, B10, a diesel equivalent with ethanol!

jeff
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 01/04/09, 16:04

coucou789456 wrote:[...] under study, the B10, a diesel equivalent with ethanol!

jeff
I doubt !
B10 is rather "10% of bio-diesel"(ester of vegetable oils).
0 x