Master 1994, diesel engine new, running on oil ??

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/08/08, 16:01

well it's simple: I say the future is BTL and not oil, those who say oil is the future but it will be necessary that rapeseed fields, it is a logic of response from the oil lobby, which does everything to repel fuel oil (since it is said not to be recognized by the government): so it's lobbyist propaganda to say that, it is recognized immediately ;-)
and you will have noted that nobody has spoken of corn and wheat fields while ethanol is recognized by the government ... so why continue to type on bourdidiou oil ?!
while this is a fantastic first step, easy to make, realistic and accessible for everyone, towards other, alternative consumption products.

Now for the% given for IDs, no feedback but the% were given so as not to have problems, otherwise they would have displayed 100%, and would not have bothered with the 30% etc ...
what you should know: at 30% oil, the difference in viscosity is negligible for an engine.

after do not amalgamate ID and ID, we were left on the possible possibility that the injection of the Master is in ID I remind you, so 1st generation TDi 300bars, which does not mean HDi and DCi, the debate may be taken elsewhere elsewhere (what too late, oil rise or seized injector?).
0 x
gaston13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gaston13 » 05/08/08, 16:41

jonule wrote:those who say oil is the future but it will be necessary that rapeseed fields, it is a response logic from the oil lobby, which does everything to repel fuel oil (since it is said not recognized by the government): so it's lobbyist propaganda to say that, you can recognize it right away ;-)
and you will have noted that no one has spoken of a corn and wheat field while ethanol is recognized by the government ...

So you thought I was denigrating the oil for the reason I mentioned and that E85 delighted me because it is authorized in France?
Certainly, there is lobbyist propaganda ...
Oil has a less bad energy balance than E85, but neither is a global and harmless solution (pesticides, fertilizers, social consequences)
Be careful, I don't want to say that oil is better and anyway ... there's more for a very long time.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/08/08, 16:51

yes we agree there is no definitive overall solution, and fortunately moreover.

but do you think the fact that I defend oil over ethanol makes me an oil lobbyist?

tell me because otherwise I have to tell you the advantages and disadvantages of both, they do not have the same characteristics at all, the oil has a HUGE advantage over ethanol, i 'hope you know it otherwise we will have to cut back ... like we have no sugar cane in France, the oil is made locally and produced from animal feed no industrial processing etc etc ... .

there is still a lot of oil, unfortunately, but there are worse than CO2 in terms of greenhouse gases: 3000 times worse just for methane. why, because of the molecular structure, there are + bonds. what to do with CH4?
is there any CH4, surplus due to human activity? Yes.
what do we do in france? the gas leaves.
what could we do with it? use it as fuel or combustible.
0 x
gaston13
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gaston13 » 05/08/08, 19:48

gaston13 wrote:Oil has a lower energy balance than E85

Certainly the big advantage of the oil is that it can be produced locally, but in fact not yet in a completely environmentally friendly way.

You're right, you have to explore as many ways as possible and I think that the gas resulting from decompositions is one of them.

I am not very knowledgeable about the subject but I remember the book by Jean Pain, who operated his 2cv with a kind of gas from plant debris.
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 05/08/08, 22:38

jonule wrote:> chatam: where do you think we can't use 100% oil with a kit on high pressure please? sources?

to roll in indirect injection with 100% oil you don't necessarily need a kit, I do it on my vehicle with a simple pre-wash pump in summer, because my pump is bosch and my injectors are at 175 bars d 'origin.

my source? I'm not going to remind you of my job yet ...
... my full-scale experimental source is a German engineer from Mercedes Benz (LKW section) ... his personal MB 300TD was already in oil (mainly fried, and even used lubricating oil) 25 years ago ... and he affirmed that the tests which were made by MB on the "high pressure injection" (MB uses the common rail system) showed that it does not last durably at 100% oil, even with oil rapeseed, even with a sophisticated installation like he has on his Vieille 300 (heating to 80 °, 2 tanks, special filtration, etc ...) and that he intended to renovate the engine of his 300 when necessary. .
On your car does it hold? how many km? the MB traveled 300 km (out of a total of ~ 000) with oil: that's representative ...
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 06/08/08, 03:58

Hello
On your car does it hold? how many km? the MB traveled 300 km (out of a total of ~ 000) with oil: that's representative ...

How many times have you blocked the injectors and kept them
DNOSD 240 those with a small central hole in the needle?
or those with a flat on the needle ..

Andre
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 06/08/08, 09:10

Andre wrote:Hello

How many times have you blocked the injectors and kept them
DNOSD 240 those with a small central hole in the needle?
or those with a flat on the needle ..

Andre

Hem ', this is not my MB300TD, but that of a German engineer (it goes back to ~ 3 years): he indeed spoke of the calibration of injectors above (150 bars it seems to me) but in all case he made it clear that at startup it runs on 100% diesel until the oil and the engine are at t °, before switching to 100% oil, but in winter, as the oil heats (at 80 °) is sometimes too long compared to the distances traveled, it makes an oil + diesel mixture ... In any case, when I met it, if the car smelled of fries, it did not smoke more than diesel, so we can conclude that the combustion was good.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 06/08/08, 09:45

Obviously it is good considering that it was invented for over 100 years ago!

I apologize but "he told me that" and "I am an engineer" do not constitute proof of good faith for us. practice wins over theory (I bet you're for nuclear power ;-).

there is no need for a kit to run these indirect injection vehicles, unless you are at the north pole.

it is not 150 bars but 180 bars that it takes to start well on 100% oil, I see that you are too approximate to debate this subject to prove anything, and I bet that you are running on petroleum, therefore ...

me it has held for over 6 years and 50.000 km as on all vehicles that I helped to modify, as do those on the oliomobile site. I took it off once for a reason X and saw the healthy combustion. but I could cheat these figures like you because there is no source to prove.

if you want to wait 10 years or 500.000 km to prove that it works (considering that it was invented for by rudolph disel, marked in all the good engineering encyclopedids?) that looks at you, I bet you don't have problem to pay your fuel, and that you already have children ...

good luck in your world.
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 06/08/08, 10:11

jonule wrote:Obviously it is good considering that it was invented for over 100 years ago!

I apologize but "he told me that" and "I am an engineer" do not constitute proof of good faith for us. practice wins over theory (I bet you're for nuclear power ;-).

there is no need for a kit to run these indirect injection vehicles, unless you are at the north pole.

it is not 150 bars but 180 bars that it takes to start well on 100% oil, I see that you are too approximate to debate this subject to prove anything, and I bet that you are running on petroleum, therefore ...

me it has held for over 6 years and 50.000 km as on all vehicles that I helped to modify, as do those on the oliomobile site. I took it off once for a reason X and saw the healthy combustion. but I could cheat these figures like you because there is no source to prove.

if you want to wait 10 years or 500.000 km to prove that it works (considering that it was invented for by rudolph disel, marked in all the good engineering encyclopedids?) that looks at you, I bet you don't have problem to pay your fuel, and that you already have children ...
good luck in your world.

I prefer not to answer when we pretend such nonsense ... so go smoke your joint ...
for your information, diesel was not invented to turn to oil, but to pulverized coal, and it was only after several years that Diesel switched simultaneously to heavy oil (fuel) and l vegetable oil easier to find at the time than fuel oil ... do not believe everything that is written, especially in wiki ...
good I stop there, bye bye ecotruc ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 06/08/08, 10:22

don't take it like that ;-)
I'm no longer old enough to smoke car seals, and I could easily send you back to your pinard! -)

I'm sorry to insist but the diesel engine, the one we know for vehicles, was invented to run on vegetable oil, it is marked in the WRITTEN encyclopedias as well as on Wikipedia, where a lot of confusions are repeated I think ...

I'm glad we stop there, it's that there is no need to continue ;-)
on the other hand I am not vulgarly, but an alternative to petroleum and nuclear, I see that you have a hard time understanding but I am sure it will come.

@+
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."