Winter 2021 vitamins

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Vitamins winter 2021

by Janic » 06/02/22, 10:54

Eh yes. Until 1956, children could drink up to half a liter of wine, cider or beer every lunchtime in the canteen… and did so cheerfully! https://www.pariszigzag.fr/secret/histo ... the cafeteria
yes, early alcoholism to become a man, a real one, being able to gulp down his two liters of Gévéor a day and other poisons containing only a few grapes. I have known and experienced this!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 06/02/22, 11:44

Janic wrote:
Eh yes. Until 1956, children could drink up to half a liter of wine, cider or beer every lunchtime in the canteen… and did so cheerfully! https://www.pariszigzag.fr/secret/histo ... the cafeteria
yes, early alcoholism to become a man, a real one, being able to gulp down his two liters of Gévéor a day and other poisons containing only a few grapes. I have known and experienced this!

and we really see where it got you, we understand everything now
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 09/02/22, 19:18

Biobombe wrote:[

Not far from a 20aine, result of a sowing of 2 times 6 m.
Currently we are halfway through the harvest.
I'll say it again: it's really not rocket science to cultivate these roots and then turn them into endives away from the light.

From my side too, I can only encourage this culture, for endive lovers, of course, and even in the south. In a while I will post photos of endives, obtained from roots from the 2021 spring sowing, from roots from the 2020 sowing, which never flowered, when they were in their second year, and from roots from the sowing of 2020, which flowered in 2021. The third category will in my opinion rather give endives, for the others it seems better, but to be seen. The thing about endives in mild or warm climates is that they have to be grown almost like a perpetual crop: depending on the year, there will be a few roots ready to harvest in the fall of the same year, and otherwise you have to leave To do. I would certainly never have like Biobombe twenty buckets in the same year, but always enough to treat myself. In 2022 I will soon start my sowing, and as this vegetable from the North behaves very well here, well, I will double, see triple the surface.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Did67

by Did67 » 09/02/22, 19:30

Doris wrote:... from roots of the 2020 seedling, which never flowered, although they were in their second year, ...

So, if I understand correctly, sown in 2020, grew, you left in the ground during the winter of 2020/2021, then they grew throughout the 2021 season, and you left in the ground during the winter of 2021/2022 ????

Or did you harvest in the fall and are you forcing it now?

[Your winter may not have been harsh enough and therefore the "cold requirement" necessary for vernalization has not been met.
We are talking here about temperatures below 15°C for a few weeks: https://www.agrimaroc.net/2018/05/23/886/
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 09/02/22, 22:47

Did67 wrote:
So, if I understand correctly, sown in 2020, grew, you left in the ground during the winter of 2020/2021, then they grew throughout the 2021 season, and you left in the ground during the winter of 2021/2022 ????

Yes I harvested at the beginning of January, so autumn 2020 was all pokey, I didn't harvest, autumn 2021 was good, the size of beautiful carrots, but I was absent, or too busy at work or it rained too much, and I harvested very late. There it must be two weeks, that I put them to force. And I think the overly mild climate here must actually reverse their cycle.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 13/02/22, 00:05

DSC00934.JPG

Our escaroles this year behave in their frames much better than last year.
Mixed with Italian and arugula they give winter salads at the top.
I will soon make a tof of plants transplanted late and which have resisted very well several times to - 7 without any protection.

DSC00938.JPG
1 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 19/02/22, 22:33

Winter radishes sown at the end of September, easy to grow, American variety, nothing to do with Easter Rosé except the color, quite resistant to cold and their salad

DSC00940.JPG

DSC00941.JPG
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 21/02/22, 15:15

Biobombe wrote:Winter radish sown at the end of September, easy to grow, American variety,...

It would be nice to give the names of the varieties. Rather than making it a mystery - maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like you want to keep it a secret...

[IF that's it, I find "competitive market gardening" - having the biggest, having the first - as one of the symbols of human smallness. For my part, I share my knowledge, having found that it has never impoverished me! I have as much left and often, in the exchange, I have a little more! But that's just an opinion]

This year, I had various radishes this winter, including "beasts" pink radishes (Gaudry 2 I believe).
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 26/02/22, 22:49

Did67 wrote:
Biobombe wrote:Winter radish sown at the end of September, easy to grow, American variety,...

It would be nice to give the names of the varieties. Rather than making it a mystery - maybe I'm wrong but it sounds like you want to keep it a secret...

[IF that's it, I find "competitive market gardening" - having the biggest, having the first - as one of the symbols of human smallness. For my part, I share my knowledge, having found that it has never impoverished me! I have as much left and often, in the exchange, I have a little more! But that's just an opinion]

Mr Helmstetter, you're kidding me again. I don't accept being smeared by your toxic remarks. These reveal a well-established bipolarity, at least for me. So allow me to use vitriol as an answer to your vomit.
You doubt my sympathy and put my honor in question. Didn't I bring a little color into this forum monotonous which shines by the absence of clichés? And for good reason: you are the main responsible because many here fear your judgments and your often inappropriate verbal ardor.

I am aware of having caused a little a lot of nervousness in you and with your aficionados (smallerffor spoke about it) by the diffusion of photos which can surprise by their realism. The shots of other members are rare because many of them, copying your method, manage to produce only Lilliputian vegetables. Me too, a long time ago, I went through this. Patience eventually paid off at the cost of numerous cultivation trials. It was not easy. I state here that it is impossible to grow these vegetables in difficult terrain from a few years of lazy-type cultivation. Stop deceiving your world by giving them false illusions.

I leave, Mr Helmstetter, this forum only because of you and your attitude for all that displeases you and disturbs you because not being in conformity with your thought.
Mr. professor of rickety vegetables, chickweed producer, mole-rat breeder, man with a disproportionate ego, undisputed champion of intolerance and former director of an agricultural high school, geh'n gué schissa.
1 x