Le Potager du Lazy: conferences, visits - dates

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: Le Potager du Lazy: conferences, visits - dates

by Did67 » 26/08/19, 10:34

Where this begins to question is that very quickly, when you follow the law of supply and demand, a selection by money takes place. Here Rotary greedy lobsters from Canada will be able to afford one of my confs if I ask 3 000 € and elsewhere, motivated people, not yet very well organized, without budget can not ...

It is this red line that I would not like to cross.

At the same time, I will have to introduce other selection criteria because I am already booked to the limit. Even, beyond, the limit of reasonable for me (health, creativity, pleasure, etc ...).
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 26/08/19, 11:39

Did67 wrote:Where this begins to question is that very quickly, when you follow the law of supply and demand, a selection by money takes place. Here Rotary greedy lobsters from Canada will be able to afford one of my confs if I ask 3 000 € and elsewhere, motivated people, not yet very well organized, without budget can not ...

It is this red line that I would not like to cross.

At the same time, I will have to introduce other selection criteria because I am already booked to the limit. Even, beyond, the limit of reasonable for me (health, creativity, pleasure, etc ...).

Well you do like Robin Hood (in addition to the green must go well and you already have the hat : Mrgreen: I'm kidding) ... free for the "poor" and expensive for the "rich". : Mrgreen:
0 x
Stef72
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Stef72 » 26/08/19, 12:16

Did67 wrote:
And "actors" who are willing to milk it without restraint, in the name of "ecological" principle!

[We know that on the side of the "training courses" of certain masters of permaculture, even if it is a taboo subject - what the hell "cash investigation" ???? - sometimes it is not very "ecological" either!]

I try not to drift.

Just yesterday, I promised someone to give them a conf for "nothing" (covering travel expenses), if they don't have a budget.

To date, no requested "intervention" has been made for financial reasons. This is the critical threshold that I have set for myself. The red light.

money and permaculture ... vast subject ... I come back from the national permaculture days 2019 and if I have seen a lot of interesting things, there is a je ne sais quoi that bothers me and that revolves around subjects such as money, tolerance towards people who are not part of this movement (for example conventional farmers) and the "lesson-giver" aspect that we find in certain speeches (not all, there are lots of good people too!)
I will open a thread on this theme ...
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 26/08/19, 12:57

Stef72 wrote:
Did67 wrote:
And "actors" who are willing to milk it without restraint, in the name of "ecological" principle!

[We know that on the side of the "training courses" of certain masters of permaculture, even if it is a taboo subject - what the hell "cash investigation" ???? - sometimes it is not very "ecological" either!]

I try not to drift.

Just yesterday, I promised someone to give them a conf for "nothing" (covering travel expenses), if they don't have a budget.

To date, no requested "intervention" has been made for financial reasons. This is the critical threshold that I have set for myself. The red light.

money and permaculture ... vast subject ... I come back from the national permaculture days 2019 and if I have seen a lot of interesting things, there is a je ne sais quoi that bothers me and that revolves around subjects such as money, tolerance towards people who are not part of this movement (for example conventional farmers) and the "lesson-giver" aspect that we find in certain speeches (not all, there are lots of good people too!)

for me it's useless, because as long as those who hold these speeches do not know how to have a small dose of self-criticism, the debate will remain sterile, as for other subjects
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 26/08/19, 14:47

nico239 wrote:Well you do like Robin Hood (in addition to the green must go well and you already have the hat : Mrgreen: I'm kidding) ... free for the "poor" and expensive for the "rich". : Mrgreen:

It's a bit what I do: 250 € for institutions, 150 € for associations if they can, free when they can not ...

I'm still dreaming of green stingray trousers.

When I feel that my strength is weakening, I'll pay myself one "last" with my Iroquois crest hair tinged with green ...
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/08/19, 14:54

Stef72 wrote:

In 2018, I was interviewed on this topic (money) during meetings ... of course I expressed myself freely. But I have never seen a "come out" video. Censorship ??? Self-censorship ??? Not having the email address of the "journalist", I could not verify it ...

It is a taboo subject. Even if by dragging and letting the ear hang out, we learn: the status of certain "permaculturalists", internships paid by FAFSEA (the training fund for the agricultural sector), etc ...

That being said, I think I wrote it: I was rather surprised by the tolerance. I was particularly expecting to be heckled for what I said about mounds, etc. And day after day, my barnum overflowed more to finish on a standing ovation ...

It especially seemed to me that it was also very complicated between them !!! It reminded me of the beginnings of "organic" 50 years ago, with lots of discussions, but very quickly "movements" or obediences (some of which still exist - such as "Nature et Progrès"). Or the tumultuous history of the Greens!
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 26/08/19, 15:42

Did67 wrote:I was particularly expecting to be heckled for what I said about mounds, etc. And day after day, my barnum overflowed more to finish on a standing ovation ...

It especially seemed to me that it was also very complicated between them !!! It reminded me of the beginnings of "organic" 50 years ago, with lots of discussions, but very quickly "movements" or obediences (some of which still exist - such as "Nature et Progrès"). Or the tumultuous history of the Greens!

I admit that the hummocks I hear more talk too much either.

I believe that those who tried understood that it was a c .... Image

But you see I'm thinking about it right now, from a detail you can make a theory ...
The 4 fruit test of our manure mound: tomato, squash, eggplant and zucchini produce super good (and ultimately better than the other plants which was not the case at first).

Deduction possible the hillocks is great
While not at all: (unlike the builder of butte) we did not want to be ch to smooth this corner and as we were not on the result we put it anyhow.
It's just the right substrate.
Because there too you can deduce that the pile of manure is great but NOT AT ALL.
It is this manure pile THERE in the state where he was HE that was good.
Not sure that a manure in another state of progress or not will be.
etc.

So it's the same for the mounds, just once, for reasons X not necessarily reproducible, that it worked in a few people so that ... and then it eventually disappear ...

Like many chains YT besides which do not emit anything after having promised us wonders ... (this said obviously we do not know the reasons that can be legitimate)
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 26/08/19, 16:35

nico239 wrote:So it's the same for the mounds, just once, for reasons X not necessarily reproducible, that it worked in a few people so that ... and then it eventually disappear ...

Like many chains YT besides which do not emit anything after having promised us wonders ... (this said obviously we do not know the reasons that can be legitimate)

not all that for me and I can be wrong, comes from the association of ideas
a friend in college said if you mix that good things, it will be good, well I think it is not useful to go further

so for the mounds and other methods, we associated several "true" ideas and we thought that the benefits should accumulate and sometimes well it worked (as for food) but not for the reasons stated at the start and we pull as you say too quickly a method, a recipe, it is not intoxication, it is just a weakness of reasoning, those who believe they know enough to create the method but not enough to explain the results, we stay with observations on a specific protocol, in a specific place ... therefore not reproducible elsewhere but as we do not know and it can not hurt (except on the back) we broadcast believing to be of service to everything the world

for me the scammer is the one who knows that the hill is useless and ineffective and that makes pay for a formation of mounting butte, it is the guru, the one who really believes because at home it works and it can work, transmits an empirical method based on truths, but without mastering the reproducible side elsewhere, he preaches in the religious sense
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 03/09/19, 19:42

I think I did not announce this one: Friday 18 October 2019 at 18h at the Ecomusée d'Alsace

2019-09-03_19h39_16conf Ugersheim.png
2019-09-03_19h39_16conf Ugersheim.png (86.16 KIO) Accessed 1969 times

It is organized by the Federation of Arboriculturists, but you can slip into the room, there is no control at the entrance!
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 03/09/19, 21:09

Are lucky all these good people :!:
0 x