Are Bt GMOs ecological?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
realistic ecology
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Are Bt GMOs ecological?

by realistic ecology » 26/11/19, 17:20

Janic wrote:

You should offer your comments to Mr. Modi.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 26/11/19, 17:42

You describe what has already happened, the tremendous upheavals of the twentieth century:
• Medicine has progressed all over the world, the population has increased, we had to feed it.
the "civilized" world do you mean? that is to say we the well-off.
More than medicine, overall hygiene has increased, reducing infant mortality essentially and its drinking water (sic) and sanitary hygiene networks.
• The green revolution was invented, the population was nurtured.
But badly, since the petrochemical industrialization of food has made it possible to replace hot pathologies, (generators of fever) with cold pathologies like autoimmunes and cancers of all kinds.
• But, the population, properly cared for and nourished ... could increase again.
This is no longer true, the curve drops. If you call them stuffing with meds being treated properly, where is the most? And in addition with adulterated food from agrochemicals and industrial food, and to call it being fed, our pigs are better than us then!
• Thus, the threat of food difficulties reappears.
It only reappears through the fault of our Western systems where we get rid of our surpluses after the expired deadline and where mothers are advised not to breastfeed their children and to replace their milk with powdered milk… coming from ONGOING industries, making their babies sick.
Is it hypocrisy or cynicism? : Evil:
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/11/19, 17:43

realistic ecology wrote:
Janic wrote:

You should offer your comments to Mr. Modi.

This is a bit what I proposed yesterday:

janic wrote: it's simple to produce less meat, which actually reduces consumption. Elementary my dear Watson!
Sicetaitsimple: "You want us to create a kitty to pay you a few plane tickets so that you can go and preach the good word in a certain number of countries? Get a passport right away: Janic Watson should be fine. "
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 26/11/19, 17:52

Janic wrote:
.You should offer your comments to Mr. Modi.
their policies are worth ours and they know very well that promises are only binding on those who believe them. See our French policy! : Cry:
janic wrote: it's simple to produce less meat, which actually reduces consumption. Elementary my dear Watson!

Sicetaitsimple: "You want us to create a kitty to pay you a few plane tickets so that you can go and preach the good word in a certain number of countries? Get a passport right away: Janic Watson should be fine. "
not necessary, the passing time will allow to check the relevance. I know you are for solutions that are not simple, but It is simply a rule of three. If you learned to count, even you should get there!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 26/11/19, 17:58

Janic wrote:
It is often hereditary.
cultural habits are above all "hereditary"!

Amelogenin is an essential protein for the development of teeth and the formation of enamel. It is synthesized via the AMELX gene. The mutation of the AMELX gene leads to the appearance of enamel anomalies which can become hypoplastic (quantitative defect) or hypomineralized (qualitative defect).

In order to determine whether a low concentration of amelogenin during tooth formation could be responsible for the formation of a more fragile dental enamel and therefore of greater cariosusceptibility, the researchers used populations of mice.

To do this, they used gene mutation techniques of the AMELX gene to generate 12 laboratory strains of mice with different levels of amelogenin synthesis in the laboratory.

The scientists then extracted the teeth of these mice to compare them with different resistance tests:

Mechanical resistance test;
Acid attack resistance test.

The various tests gave the following results: the higher the level of amelogenin synthesized is important (by overexpression of the AMELX gene), the more the dental enamel formed is resistant to acid attacks and will therefore be less subject to dental caries. A weak expression of the AMELX gene will weaken the enamel of a patient who will therefore be predisposed to dental caries.
Genetics as a cariogenic factor

This new study thus confirms the role of genetics in the development of dental caries. Variations in the AMELX gene can therefore lead to abnormal enamel formation and therefore an increased risk of dental caries formation.

It would therefore be judicious to set up prevention techniques in patients with a genetic profile "at risk" with an overall objective of public health and to reduce expenses related to dental care. In this context, the professional application of fluorine or the sealing of dental furrows (sealants) by means of thin layers of resin protecting the chewing surface of the teeth, can be considered.
https://www.sante-sur-le-net.com/caries ... genetique/
My mother had her first decay at 24, pregnant (deficiency). I had my first cavity at 40, tiny ...
And you, Bioman, I bet you don't have one at all. : Cheesy:
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/11/19, 18:04

Janic wrote: I know you are for solutions that are not simple, but It is simply a rule of three. If you learned to count, even you should get there!

I really like the rules of 3, often it helps to realize that we are completely off the mark with ready-made ideas from what we may have known 30,40, 50 or XNUMX years ago.

Now, to manage a country of more than 1,3 billion people in strong growth, it seems a little light as a tool ...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 26/11/19, 18:17

And you, Bioman, I bet you don't have one at all.
on the contrary! As a child, adolescent and adult, I was a champion in all categories of cavities, until the change in lifestyle around 30 years old when it stopped by chance, with everything else!
I really like the rules of 3, often it helps to realize that we are completely off the mark with ready-made ideas from what we may have known 30,40, 50 or XNUMX years ago.
so you're talking about your own experience !? Do you have a concrete example?
Now, to manage a country of more than 1,3 billion people in strong growth, it seems a little light as a tool ...
I did not say that it would be done, it would take a few generations and we are supposed not to have the time. So if we go into the wall quickly, all the attempts, whatever they are are, will be and will remain in vain. In the meantime, everyone can do whatever they want, GMO Bt or not! 8)
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/11/19, 18:29

realistic ecology wrote:An example of what to do: in 2014 from Mr. Modi, the new Prime Minister of India promised that all Indian households would have toilets by the end of his term in 2019. It is estimated that more than 550 million people, or almost half of the population, practice open defecation in the country, causing health problems.
I do not know if the promise is kept.
Promise kept
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been waiting for this for five long years! A whole mandate of patience and tenacity to arrive at tomorrow, Wednesday October 2: in front of 20 Indian village chiefs and a number of foreign dignitaries ...

Narendra Modi should discover a huge map of India that will go entirely from red to green: India will therefore have won its war against poop! As of tomorrow, the second most populous country on the planet will be officially declared "ODF"! That is to say "Open Defecation Free", free from defecation in the wild. A real public health problem in a country where, five years ago, 500 million Indians defecated in the open, polluting soil and rivers and endangering themselves.

Half a million villages equipped with toilets https://www.franceinter.fr/emissions/le ... tobre-2019
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 26/11/19, 18:29

Ideology liberal, you ask:
What should have been done? What would you have done if you had power at that time?

The human species has trouble regulating itself according to the environment (as many other animals do) since in it cultural factors are predominant and Malthus preached in the desert his nauseating theories. Once the link between science and power was established, determinisms were expressed, despite strong opposition from the public (but power was no longer on their side).

The advantages that you cite tend to evolve towards their opposite due to threshold effects and contradictions, mainly economic, which are growing, especially in the industrial countries, which motivates the interest carried towards the impoverished countries (and not survival of these famous 3 billion people whose companies don't care). By linking them even more closely to our fate, we very surely condemn them. Indeed, all civilization ends up disappearing, but the experience of the past teaches us that other societies survive and that this is hardly problematic ... Except that the almost universal expansion of ours announces an upheaval of a any other scale and helping the development of autonomous agricultural practices (which already exist) would constitute infinitely more precious aid than the pavement of the bear of GMOs.
Contrary to what you innocently claim, GMOs are not a trivial commodity, but concern an area on which life depends.
You also say that technique is only part of the problem and the solution, but I don't see any other aspect touched on in your comments ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/11/19, 18:42

Janic wrote: so you're talking about your own experience !? Do you have a concrete example?

Not necessarily and only mine, but also yours.
Think for example that the Indians, the Chinese, and many others will continue to live as they lived 30, 40 or 50 years ago, according to the precepts of Janic.
0 x