Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Moindreffor » 16/03/22, 16:40

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:
Did67 wrote:Afterwards, we can "dream", with other participatory systems: people bring and leave with produced vegetables, etc... But here again, we come back to "big cities" vs "small towns"... If only "planning" was not a dirty word!!!

we must above all rehumanize, and that is a real change in society, stopping individualism, it is not won : Mrgreen:

:!: :!: :!:

what Didier proposes is a human relationship, between donors of waste, and transformers, therefore a "dream"

the collection of green waste for composting is still and always individualism, a donor who places a container on the sidewalk, having taken care to mark the number of his house, because it is "HIS" container, and anonymous people passing by at dawn, with a noisy truck to empty the containers and that's it, and it gives a good collective conscience...
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/03/22, 16:44

Moindreffor wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:we must above all rehumanize, and that is a real change in society, stopping individualism, it is not won : Mrgreen:

what Didier proposes is a human relationship, between donors of waste, and transformers, therefore a "dream"

the collection of green waste for composting is still and always individualism, a donor who places a container on the sidewalk, having taken care to mark the number of his house, because it is "HIS" container, and anonymous people passing by at dawn, with a noisy truck to empty the containers and that's it, and it gives a good collective conscience...

The 3 exclamation points were positive, to abound in the rehumanization you were talking about :!: :!: :!:
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/03/22, 17:00

Moindreffor wrote:

The 3 exclamation points were positive, to abound in the rehumanization you were talking about :!: :!: :!:

I thought you were wondering where I was coming from, hence my explanation : Mrgreen:
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/03/22, 17:01

Moindreffor wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:what Didier proposes is a human relationship, between donors of waste, and transformers, therefore a "dream"

I thought you were wondering where I was coming from, hence my explanation : Mrgreen:

No no: exclamation point, no question mark : Wink:
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/03/22, 17:06

I discovered a "food crop" chain the guy is working the soil and he is in bare soil, so the opposite of here, but on closer inspection, it's not that obvious, you have to watch several videos where he discusses his relative tillage, mulching and other advantages, he makes videos that go from sowing to harvesting which is relatively rare and therefore long videos : Mrgreen:

the speech is nice, it's worth a look : Mrgreen:
0 x
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/03/22, 17:09

Moindreffor wrote:

No no: exclamation point, no question mark : Wink:

I took that for "I didn't understand his stuff" : Mrgreen: maybe because I didn't find myself clear and precise enough : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
(of me)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/03/22, 17:27

Moindreffor wrote:
Did67 wrote:Afterwards, we can "dream", with other participatory systems: people bring and leave with produced vegetables, etc... But here again, we come back to "big cities" vs "small towns"... If only "planning" was not a dirty word!!!

we must above all rehumanize, and that is a real change in society, stopping individualism, it is not won : Mrgreen:

Yeah, well.... It's not going to revolutionize things to better sort organic waste
Either you have a garden, possibly a composter, and the problem is solved (unless you are lazy in winter to bring a few leek leaves and potato peelings on the pile or directly in the vegetable garden).
Either you don't have one and there it's trash. I can't imagine people taking their car to carry a few liters of waste to a specific place. Not sure that this is also positive in terms of the environment (vs. fuel consumption).
We can certainly make progress with bins dedicated to organic waste, but hey... In any case, I think that the "collective collection" solution remains the best, otherwise there is a risk of seeing wild waste deposits multiply. .
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/03/22, 17:38

Moindreffor wrote:I discovered a "food crop" chain the guy is working the soil and he is in bare soil, so the opposite of here, but on closer inspection, it's not that obvious, you have to watch several videos where he discusses his relative tillage, mulching and other advantages, he makes videos that go from sowing to harvesting which is relatively rare and therefore long videos : Mrgreen:

It's been some time (two or three years) that I want to do complete "cycles" of culture. But I can't discipline myself!

Film / label / classify at each stage!

Yet this is what should be done, for it to make the most sense.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/03/22, 17:52

Did67 wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:I discovered a "food crop" chain the guy is working the soil and he is in bare soil, so the opposite of here, but on closer inspection, it's not that obvious, you have to watch several videos where he discusses his relative tillage, mulching and other advantages, he makes videos that go from sowing to harvesting which is relatively rare and therefore long videos : Mrgreen:

It's been some time (two or three years) that I want to do complete "cycles" of culture. But I can't discipline myself!

Film / label / classify at each stage!

Yet this is what should be done, for it to make the most sense.

indeed, it is very telling, there are many rushes, a few days apart, and for someone who "works" in "bare" soil, we can see that managing weeds is not a problem. , and he explains well why and how

and indeed only one lens per video, even if there are small ramblings, it's very focused on the subject, he seems to do that naturally as you naturally go from rooster to donkey, to first bumblebee pointing its antennae : Mrgreen:
0 x
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 16/03/22, 18:13

It's just a matter of how much work!

The fields like my father's (professional) vegetable garden were clean! Simply, on Thursday, I didn't have football, but hoeing.

And in the potato fields, I was competing with my grandmother who was about to turn four. And who won! Because she hoeed EVERY day (except in winter). Me, student, ass on the bench of the Agro, I was not the weight during the holidays!

It's brutally effective. No discussion. But not funny!

I looked furtively: a priori, he is "motivated" by a trip of the "survivalist" type or at the very least "autonomist". Let 10 years pass, and we'll see!
0 x