Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Did67 » 10/01/19, 18:56

It is about faeces, therefore pure "droppings". Do not confuse it with manure, which is a mixture of faeces with straw.

So do not put a thick layer, unlike a manure!
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 10/01/19, 20:49

OK but what I couldn't get was the "dead at 27" ??? why 27?

(I just Googled and I find "the club of 27" ... artists, rockers ... dead (of overdose?) at the age of 27 ... is that it?)

as for the droppings, they are not all "fresh" any more, with the precipitations they undoubtedly lost a little of their fertilizing power.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 10/01/19, 21:20

Did67 wrote:
Janic wrote:what a beautiful poetic expression ...

Under the coarse character that I am sometimes, perhaps hides a ... poet ??? Or a goose goose?

even a prout-prout : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 10/01/19, 21:27

Julienmos wrote:
(I just Googled and I find "the club of 27" ... artists, rockers ... dead (of overdose?) at the age of 27 ... is that it?)

That's it. A stupid pun!

The best of which: Janis Joplin, Jimy Hendrix, Amy Winehouse ...
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 11/01/19, 00:42

Moindreffor wrote:
Did67 wrote:I believe there comes a time when there are only two solutions that are reasonable:
- believe a point that's all
The majority of humanity after all believes in the existence of a god; for me, stupidity, a very bad answer (especially when it leads to where it sometimes leads!) to a very good question: where do we come from? (to which I have no answer; but I prefer to cope with a distressing non-response than a false anesthetic response - and I am polite)
- not to beleive
Seeking "scientific evidence" for believing in me has always seemed to be the negation of believing - and another mark of man's weakness. He wants to believe, but ultimately he doubts. So he would like "proof"! Luckily, many gurus, surfing on his ignorance, provide him with scientific pseudo-gibberish, with false evidence. And here he is diving! So as soon as there is a "proof", I am all the more suspicious! Something fishy !
You will understand, on such a sensitive and personal subject, all this is only my conviction. The affirmation of an "idea".
from "la Philo"
In the Discourse on Method, Descartes operates a separation between practical life, the domain of action on the one hand, and science, the domain of truth on the other.
In practical life, resolution must be the watchword. Descartes gives the example of the man lost in a forest: if he does not resolve to walk straight, but on the contrary hesitates and constantly retraces his steps, he is unlikely to find his way. Practical life is content with the probable, the probable, an ersatz of truth. We must act, otherwise we will be paralyzed. Descartes' moral philosophy is satisfied with the approximate, the important is action, no matter the method.
In science, because it is the search for truth, man must reach absolute truths. These truths can only be found using a method. Descartes proposes to reject everything he believes to be true, to verify whether something resists doubt.

Okay, you're taking me to the sky of ideas, you want to raise the debate, right? Why not, after all the vegetable garden can lead to everything!
I totally agree there are only 2 solutions but the man wants to believe as you say, otherwise he is like the man anxious and lost in the forest. So I too have chosen, and as a friend says, after having thought it through, I believe that God does not exist. I do not pretend like some, Descartes for example, have the capacity to prove the existence (or non-existence) of God! I am also not constantly asking myself whether there is or not, doubting, not believing ... I am convinced that it does not exist and even that its believers pass by them -same, even life in short! I would add that believing in science as a new ideal of Truth does not seem preferable to me, it is perhaps an aggravation of the phenomenon, in any case in no way an opposition to the phenomenon.

But we went a little too high and to lower our eyes to the earth, regarding the influence of the moon on the life of our vegetable gardens, I would paradoxically prefer here the position of the agnostic ... J 've followed the lunar calendar for 2 or 3 years when I could and I was not pressed by other emergencies, for 1 or 2 years I have not followed the lunar calendar at all. But my somewhat materialistic side makes me say that since everything is made up of atoms, there is a cosmological influence ... How much does our satellite the moon play on these living beings in power so special as the seeds? Maybe little, probably not much, but I'm not ready to calculate the number of zeros after the decimal point (if that is useful), so I prefer to suspend my judgment here ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/01/19, 06:06

to be chafoin wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:
Did67 wrote:But 22 cm seems a lot to me, knowing that if the earth were uniformly covered with water, the tides would be around 50 cm. But wild.
[edit: that would be right, according to the cited document whose author seems to know the subject; I am always wary of anything that peddles on the net!]
also from my memories of college, I stayed about XNUMX cm, so it didn't shock me : Mrgreen:, precision must come from new means of observation and measurement, made by satellites

yes the fluidity of the glass, must hang, like solid solutions : Mrgreen:
If the deformation is so great it can be reasonably estimated that there is an effect on the germination of the seeds.
The sun also contributes 10 cm, so the 3 aligned : Mrgreen:
For the tides, many other parameters come into play
ImageThe tidal range is indicated by the colors. The white lines are the cotidal lines (lines connecting points for which the phases of the tide are synchronous). The points where the amplitude is zero and where the cotidal lines meet are called amphidromic points.
We see that the French coasts, Atlantic side are privileged in amplitude of the tides.

And in addition to the difference in mass which Did already mentioned:
So important deformation? ladle 1 / 2.5 million : Shock:
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 11/01/19, 09:06

to be chafoin wrote:I would add that believing in science as a new ideal of Truth does not seem preferable to me, it is perhaps an aggravation of the phenomenon, in any case in no way an opposition to the phenomenon.

It is the opponents of science that presents it thus, no scientist believes in science, he practices it and demonstrates it by evidence, scientific fact
for the new ideal of truth it is the pseudo-sciences and the supernatural, where there, yes we abstain from the proof, we keep only the coincidence of the observations to make force of law

Man is lazy, the success of Didier's book is proof of that, so he is continually looking for solutions to make his life easier, and therefore of everything that will improve his existence without providing any work, so if sowing leeks on St Joseph's day ensures a good harvest, let's go, it costs nothing and it can pay off

after one saying drives the other away, if it rains in St Médard we have 40 days of rain, UNLESS St Barnabé cuts the grass under his foot

and so from pirouette to pirouette, we can explain everything success as failure
1 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 11/01/19, 10:15

to be chafoin wrote:[
Okay, you're taking me to the sky of ideas, you want to raise the debate, right? Why not, after all the vegetable garden can lead to everything!

The vegetable garden of laziness DOIT lead to less agitation, greater serenity and therefore to an elevation of the debate! In my book, there is a very small sentence which implies that it is also a concept with a philosophical connotation !!!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 11/01/19, 10:19

Moindreffor wrote:It is the opponents of science that presents it thus, no scientist believes in science, he practices it and demonstrates it by evidence, scientific fact

I would be more nuanced. It seems to me that, intoxicated by the proofs of this or that, some very quickly lost sight of the limits of science and wallowed in scientism - even pseudo-science. An Allègre contesting global warming is an example that comes to my mind. More generally, the discussion is difficult with many scientists, implicitly convinced that they are the upholders of absolute truths, forgetting that after the domain of definition of their "discovery", there remains a jungle of the unexplained, of the "why It does not matter if it is.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/01/19, 10:39

Did67, those you are talking about have lost the scientific spirit and some are good scientists and poor popularizers. Some are 2, nothing prevents the other. I understand myself : Wink:
1 x