The death of bees puts the world in danger

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The death of bees puts the planet in danger

by bham » 02/09/07, 08:28

lejustemilieu wrote:
bham wrote: Uh, can you explain that? The interest of putting pesticides in a hive ???

Simply, to kill a small beast that destroys the apiaries, and which is called varroa ....

So if I read correctly, varoa is a mite that parasites bees.
Does this mean that the pesticide (acaricide) used in the hives is supposed to be selective and therefore only affect the varroa which is on the back of the bee and not the bee itself?
Do we have good reason to believe that?
Or do we know nothing about it and we play sorcerer's apprentices?
For more info and photos of the Beast using a scanning electron microscope:
http://perso.orange.fr/insectes.net/varroa/var2.html
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 02/09/07, 08:47

bham wrote:
lejustemilieu wrote:
bham wrote: Uh, can you explain that? The interest of putting pesticides in a hive ???

Simply, to kill a small beast that destroys the apiaries, and which is called varroa ....

Does this mean that the pesticide (acaricide) used in the hives is supposed to be selective and therefore only affect the varroa which is on the back of the bee and not the bee itself?

I remember that it was advisable to wear gloves to handle this product .... that says it all ...
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 02/09/07, 09:03

lejustemilieu wrote:
bham wrote:
lejustemilieu wrote:

I remember that it was advisable to wear gloves to handle this product .... that says it all ...

Yes, that FEARS!
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 02/09/07, 09:37

Another source of attack on bees: GMOs.
I therefore recommend viewing this clip entitled "the pollen of discord", explaining the likely impact of GM plants (which self-produce a pesticide) on bees: http://blip.tv/file/347281

Uh, I have a doubt, if anyone can enlighten me. GM plants must be fertilized by insects, including bees. Or they self fecundable?
If they must be fertilized, what will they invent when there will be no more bees to fertilize GMOs?
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 02/09/07, 09:48

I just saw the end of the clip (duration 28 min approximately) where it says that bees pollinate 85% of plants on the planet, i.e. around 30000 plant species. They therefore alone ensure good biodiversity.

Video to keep preciously !!!
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 09/09/07, 00:10

bham wrote:I just saw the end of the clip (duration 28 min approximately) where it says that bees pollinate 85% of plants on the planet, i.e. around 30000 plant species. They therefore alone ensure good biodiversity.

Video to keep preciously !!!

This video is exceptional, but why shouldn't it appear in "special correspondent" on FR2 for example? There are scientists who testify with concrete explanations which would be worth much better than all the speeches of Mamère and Bové, although they are not useless.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 09/09/07, 11:53

I read yesterday on the CNN website that the financial losses due to the disappearance of bees could amount to $ 17 trillion! : Shock:
without additional comment I think! : Evil:

And also another info but this faith of sciencenews: scientists would have found the cause of these massive disappearances, it would be a parasite.

CARRIER ? Bees from the United States have been infested with the varroa mite parasite (dark, rounded on the back of this bee) which spreads and worsens disease, possibly including acute Israeli paralysis.
The USDA

Source:
http://www.sciencenews.org/articles/20070908/fob1.asp
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 09/09/07, 13:32

Unfortunately, it's not just varroa ... : Cry:
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 09/09/07, 22:08

On France Info (Friday 8/9/7) they indicated that researchers showed that it was probably viral. A virus affecting Australian bees. The concern is that many queens have been sold for export to increase the number of hives or replace the old ones ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 10/09/07, 08:01

former oceanic wrote:On France Info (Friday 8/9/7) they indicated that researchers showed that it was probably viral. A virus affecting Australian bees. The concern is that many queens have been sold for export to increase the number of hives or replace the old ones ...

The Americans have also imported infected bees from Israel, but it is still too early to predict, because there is a serious problem in this matter: there are no bodies found !!! : Shock: mystery mystery ... :|
0 x