The Autonomous You Tubers

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Autonomous You Tubers

by Did67 » 17/01/21, 12:23

Moindreffor wrote:[

to be more intellectually honest, we should talk more about deconsumption rather than autonomy, how to best pool and how to reduce the impact of our consumption

The problems posed by globalization are real. But as often, it is not enough to do the extreme opposite to be in the truth! At the other end, it's just as stupid (we also know that on the political side, where the extremes meet behind our back, in the bullshit or the absence of feasible solutions!).

Of course, I encourage the self-production of vegetables. It's a very small step! I encourage him, by proposing an approach that should facilitate that. Of course, I encourage short circuits. Of course, there are terroirs where such and such a culture is more successful (it is even mentioned in an excellent book!). Of course, it will take fair exchanges between these soils to have a broader system, but sustainable and socially acceptable. Because of course, I would still like to eat a banana from time to time ...

It's tough !!! Very difficult even to set up such a system ...

It is all the more unfortunate to blabble on the basis of vain “autonomist” posturing (as I often see them). "Autonomous in vegetables!" is displayed as pride when: a) this is rarely true (or the choice is often very limited); b) it does not feed! And that's why it annoys me!
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 17/01/21, 12:52

Did67 wrote:Of course, it will take fair exchanges between these soils to have a broader system, but sustainable and socially acceptable. Because of course, I would still like to eat a banana from time to time ...

That's exactly right

Did67 wrote:It is all the more unfortunate to blabble on the basis of vain “autonomist” posturing (as I often see them). "Autonomous in vegetables!" is displayed as pride when: a) this is rarely true (or the choice is often very limited); b) it does not feed! And that's why it annoys me!

yes but you know very well that by putting "autonomy in tomatoes by permaculture" you hit the jackpot in the search engine ... and therefore when visibility takes precedence over content ...
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 17/01/21, 15:12

The pdf file of the interview in question:

Interview Libertoo.pdf
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 17/01/21, 20:38

this is a very good example that I want to follow
the report presents the approach of Barnabas and takes up a lot of points that we broached here
0 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/01/21, 21:28

There is one thing that is largely overlooked in the process of autonomy is TIME

This is guys there have so much TIME to devote to their stuff.

I had talked about it with Alexis
Not only does it swell me to repair my cases because
1 I have MUCH MORE INTERESTING things (from my point of view) to do rather than that
2 I prefer to keep the village mechanic alive because the day he is no longer there we will be very pissed off.
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/01/21, 22:56

I don't know what the fuck I did with the interview pdf. I put it back.

Interview Libertoo.pdf
(294.47 KB) Downloaded times 171
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 18/01/21, 15:33

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:There is one thing that is largely overlooked in the process of autonomy is TIME

1 I have MUCH MORE INTERESTING things (from my point of view) to do rather than that
2 I prefer to keep the village mechanic alive because the day he is no longer there we will be very pissed off.

Hmm, not that!

1) The time to devote
2) the time spent getting information upstream (and therefore where you use the surplus production of your current work, giving you free time ... to document yourself)
3) intellectual capacity (ah bah yes ...)
4) the real competence obtained and its durability and reliability; let me explain

Many skills that we acquire allow us to do well (DIY, gardening, etc.) on simple subjects. Learning how to build a basic shelf is fine. It is done with a few pegs and screws, mela, and it's good. Learning to set up a functional and sustainable kitchen is more difficult, and we are far from being sure of being profitable.
Putting up your garden shed, it's done. And then at worst, if it leaks a little bah ... it's not very very serious. Framing the extension of your house is another story, and if it leaks, it's a lot less fun.

As always, YT lacks hindsight and after-sales service to properly analyze situations: generally, when we have a 6-month hindsight in a video, it's a miracle ... but here we're talking about things that should be analyzed on 10 years minimum!

To have had the chance to occasionally discuss with these professionals on "current" subjects, such as carpentry, plumbing, mechanics, we quickly realize that as soon as the subject becomes a little more complex, the professional is irreconcilable by the 'immense majority of us. Both in terms of price and feasibility.
1 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 18/01/21, 16:46

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:There is one thing that is largely overlooked in the process of autonomy is TIME

if you take the case of Barnabé, he says he does no more than that, he remains very vague on his income, but like some he has a Tepee kitty, and sometimes that's enough : Mrgreen:
it also has space, to cultivate, and it is also in a community approach, autonomous but not alone : Mrgreen:

for example, also, he discovered 3D printing like you Adrien it seems to me? this tool certainly far from autonomy, can bring you a certain autonomy elsewhere, so yes it should be seen more as deconsumption rather than autonomy
0 x
(of me)
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 18/01/21, 16:50

Moindreffor wrote:

if you take the case of Barnabé, he says he does no more than that, he remains very vague on his income, but like some he has a Tepee kitty, and sometimes that's enough : Mrgreen:
it also has space, to cultivate, and it is also in a community approach, autonomous but not alone : Mrgreen:

for example, also, he discovered 3D printing like you Adrien it seems to me? this tool certainly far from autonomy, can bring you a certain autonomy elsewhere, so yes it should be seen more as deconsumption rather than autonomy

If the deconsumption is to have a 3D printer, then I'm overwhelmed!
But I also like the content of Barbabé Chaillot that I find at least without the fuss, it doesn't take itself seriously, I like it.
1 x
alkaline
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by alkaline » 18/01/21, 17:01

For me, if the autonomist YouTubers manage to make a living from their small business, it is because they are professionals ... of communication and not of the subject. it takes a lot of time to make a video, a site, a report, a blog, an online store and manage it all : Shock:

Time is not real duration, it is also the taste we have for it. So if at the end the autonomist YTs find themselves doing more Youtuberies than autonomy ... well it's that their satisfaction is there. They are autonomous in the sense that they have a job that makes them financially independent and that is enough for them.

Personally I like to discover know-how and learn how to bake bread, cheese, clothes, furniture, solar panels or other but "I don't have that to do" it's jobs!

Adrian wrote:1 I have MUCH MORE INTERESTING things (from my point of view) to do rather than that

while the vegetable garden yeah, I only have that to do : Mrgreen: it makes me feel good !
0 x
it depends