Blow against bio-dynamics

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Return to posts index Reply Like • Re: Biting Against Biodynamics

by Exnihiloest » 06/09/21, 22:00

Moindreffor wrote:
GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:It is a synthetic product, of course, but it exists in its natural state, unlike chemical molecules created and manufactured by man. Be careful, I'm not saying it's safe ...

this is precisely the problem, here we are on the synthetic product identical to the natural one and so that's fine with you, for example if I synthesize vanillin, the main molecule of the vanilla flavor, I always do the identical to the natural, it is a synthetic product, this is what we find in products with a vanilla flavor, do you think that it is then more toxic or not? (since it is the same molecule) and given the skyrocketing price of vanilla, this synthetic product identical to natural will have a bright future ahead of it.

after if we take aspirin, salicylic acid contained in the willow bark, is a natural product, we also did the identical to natural for a very long time, until a chemist added a little something to make acetylsalicylic acid with a much better efficiency, there we leave the identical to natural to go into the "real" synthetic product, have we really created a poison, or potentiated a natural product

and therefore we are in the belief that what is natural is better than what is synthetic, while this is absolutely not the subject, a molecule is an assembly of atoms whether natural or synthetic this are the same atoms, what makes the difference are the functions

nature can produce delicacies by synthesis in passing like honey and terrible poisons like man can produce medicines that save and terrible poisons, Bordeaux mixture is a very good example of this, beneficial in low doses, toxic in high doses whether synthetic or natural it is a question of dosage, for synthetic products it is a bit the same, how many individuals double the doses of weedkiller just in case? it will be more effective ... and then we are surprised that it becomes dangerous, how many blue tomatoes can we observe ...

one of my neighbors had the same harvest of tomatoes this year as the other years, no more no less while everyone suffered from late blight, no blue tomatoes at home yet, I too could have done it, j I still have the "right" synthetic product for this, but I made a choice, the choice that when I grow a vegetable not suited to my region, either I take out the chemical arsenal or I bow if I do not can not adapt my way of cultivating, I inclined, not for fear of the synthetic product because I used it before, just because I think that it is necessary to put nature in its true place, the tomato is not the vegetable best suited to the North, that's all

instead of thinking that "organic" with its total rejection of synthetic products must prevail because it holds the unique truth of eating well, less fundamentalism could have allowed more reasoned agriculture to emerge for a much longer time. reasonable, and we would not only have 6.5% organic, but a much higher number of products of better quality what is now called conservation, but what delay has been taken ...

Only common sense.
I agree 100%.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 06/09/21, 22:17

Moindreffor wrote:instead of thinking that "organic" with its total rejection of synthetic products must prevail because it holds the unique truth of eating well, less fundamentalism could have allowed more reasoned agriculture to emerge for a much longer time. reasonable, and we would not only have 6.5% organic, but a much higher number of products of better quality what is now called conservation, but what delay has been taken ...<<<< the delay that has taken conventional agriculture, it is because of organic ???? Say, what are you walking on?

Apart from this monstrosity, vanillin, compared to natural vanilla, it is much worse (to taste) ... and acetylsalicylic acid, it works no better than willow bark.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 06/09/21, 22:55

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:...
Aside from this monstrosity, vanillin, compared to natural vanilla ...

Ridiculous remark of uncultivated and perorating puppet! There is no need to oppose them: vanillin is one of the molecules generated by natural vanilla (a molecule that we know how to synthesize identically). It is the one that makes the aroma that we know. If you are interested in just this aroma, you don't need the other vanilla molecules.

Reminds me of the same nonsense about "Guérande salt". Cooking salt is NaCl, whether from Guérande or Trifouilly-les-Oies. What makes the difference between "salts" are impurities, so everything except salt. Of course, iodine can be useful, but then let's not talk about salt anymore, let's talk about salt additives, which can be both natural and artificial.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 06/09/21, 23:13

(The sweetie is so stupid, that he agrees with me in his answer .... Vanillin: one molecule ... natural vanilla: several molecules -150 different -.... result: Not the same taste at all ..... and it claims to appreciate peated whiskeys ...)
0 x
Biobomb
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Biobomb » 06/09/21, 23:41

Exnihiloest wrote:
GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:...
Aside from this monstrosity, vanillin, compared to natural vanilla ...

Reminds me of the same nonsense about "Guérande salt". Cooking salt is NaCl, whether from Guérande or Trifouilly-les-Oies. What makes the difference between "salts" are impurities, so everything except salt.

Not far from where I live, right next to Trifouilly-les-Oies, there was a time when in the potash mines there was cooking salt, which was not bad. It could be tinted blue by cobalt!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 07/09/21, 06:52

exnullard
this is precisely the problem, here we are on the synthetic product identical to the natural one and so that's fine with you, for example if I synthesize vanillin, the main molecule of the vanilla flavor, I always do the identical to the natural, it is a synthetic product, this is what we find in products with a vanilla flavor, do you think that it is then more toxic or not? (since it is the same molecule) and given the soaring price of vanilla, this synthetic product identical to natural see good days ahead of him
and the other king of c ... ns who brings back his ignorance as if it were an acquaintance. No synthetic product reproduces a natural molecule identically, otherwise a wooden leg would be as comparable as a flesh leg if we stick to the mere fact that it allows walking too!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 07/09/21, 12:50

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
Moindreffor wrote:instead of thinking that "organic" with its total rejection of synthetic products must prevail because it holds the unique truth of eating well, less fundamentalism could have allowed more reasoned agriculture to emerge for a much longer time. reasonable, and we would not only have 6.5% organic, but a much higher number of products of better quality what is now called conservation, but what delay has been taken ...<<<< the delay that has taken conventional agriculture, it is because of organic ???? Say, what are you walking on?

Apart from this monstrosity, vanillin, compared to natural vanilla, it is much worse (to taste) ... and acetylsalicylic acid, it works no better than willow bark.

I expressed myself badly or you misunderstood
I say that because of organic, conventional agriculture has not been able to evolve quickly enough towards reasoned and reasonable agriculture, the fundamentalism of organic, the unique thought of organic, all or nothing has blocked the search for compromise

both organic and conventional could have converged towards a better agriculture which would have attracted more widely
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 07/09/21, 13:38

Moindreffor wrote:I say that because of organic, conventional agriculture has not been able to evolve quickly enough towards reasoned and reasonable agriculture, the fundamentalism of organic, the unique thought of organic, all or nothing has blocked the search for compromise

I am especially of the opinion that the reasoning is totally fallacious ... and dependent, once again, on the organic which did not ask for anything and especially not that Moindrefort "thinks". Sorry, but all of this is hardly convincing.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/09/21, 15:04

In general, people think ...

In a dictatorship, they are silent. Especially if their thinking is not "mainstream" (as we say today; in the past, we used to say "in the tone").
In North Korea, as in Germany some time ago, official thinkers like to dictate good thoughts to them.
There are here and there, more discreet, gurus who tell people what to think to be happy, to enter paradise, to cure cancer, not to catch the Covid ...
And there are also systems, fortunately a little more open, where we have the right to express a thought ...
Even if, sometimes, budding Kim Jong Un thinks they are in North Korea ...
Well, that's just what I think ...
I think so even if a junk Hitler falls on me.
I'm not afraid of his colored water guns!
Let him play the bad guy ... Come on, go to your sandbox!

[PS: Uh, I remind you that in the title of this thread, there is "Rant ..."; So why not me ?]
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 07/09/21, 15:22

Biodynamic wine more than natural
They went further by banning sulphites and replacing them with volcano sulfur (from a natural source) in order to preserve all the uniqueness of their land. https://www.sobio.fr/animation-vendredi ... e-haillan/
: roll: Biodynamized sulfur is more better : Twisted:
... luckily they can't tell the DDPP https://www.mypimlicomarket.fr/la-cave/ ... oute-.html
0 x