Blow against bio-dynamics

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Return to posts index Reply Like • Re: Biting Against Biodynamics

by Moindreffor » 27/07/19, 17:32

Janic wrote:
Whoever says that by growing organic we can feed the planet about 7 billion people ok, I want, but when we are 10, 12 will always be the case?
It would change nothing but that self into "organic" or another form of culture. The land is not extensible in cultivable area and even less for livestock.

http://www.changeonsdagriculture.fr/les ... a117529756
therefore excellent article in its overall analysis.
more people, more needs right? always the same max area?

of course!
More people therefore more demand, not needs. It is therefore a simple question of rule of three and there it does not work, whatever the method used.
each time what saddens is the export of meat ..,
which shows that above all, it is not the quantity of food for human consumption which poses problem, but the appropriation of cultivable grounds with the only use to feed cattle, it will thus be necessary to choose between the two, either to feed the humans , or cattle.
therefore reducing our consumption is not for tomorrow ...
probably willingly, but out of support: Yes! agrochemicals peaks in terms of yield under good conditions, which means the reduction of everyone's food shares and mainly in meat consumption, while for the same amount of food, we can feed many more humans. Likewise, the sea is already overexploited and it will no longer be able to supply requests.

survival hypotheses say that if we place 4 people in a raft with food for 3, Man prefers to die than to sacrifice one of his own, so will the food obligation be sufficient?
for me you have to see a more global solution, the extremes never working ...
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 27/07/19, 17:49

survival hypotheses say that if we place 4 people in a raft with food for 3, Man prefers to die than to sacrifice one of his own, so will the food obligation be sufficient?
this is called extreme conditions which are only exceptional and cannot serve as a model for our societies. During a plane crash in the Andes, the survivors ate the corpse of the dead, which no one does when there is other food available, and it is the case now!
for me you have to see a more global solution, the extremes never working ...
extreme solutions always correspond to extreme situations precisely. So where we change our petty bourgeois way of life with force eats and stuffed galore and we extend the deadline, or we continue, even worsen and the inevitable deadline will be all the closer.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 27/07/19, 18:03

Janic wrote: During a plane crash in the Andes, the survivors ate the corpse of the dead, which no one does when there is other food available, and it is the case now!

Another joke of beauf: Eating the corpse of a living person seems difficult to me.
Otherwise, in the event of extreme famine, sacrificial cannibalism has always existed, although fortunately it remains marginal.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 27/07/19, 18:15

Another joke of beauf: Eating the corpse of a living person seems difficult to me.
those who eat oysters actually eat living things, which seems to be the only case in human food.
Otherwise, in the event of extreme famine, sacrificial cannibalism has always existed, although fortunately it remained marginal.
do not confuse sacrificial cannibalism and cannibalism for nutritional reasons only

Cannibalism is a practice which consists in consuming (completely or partially) an individual of his own species
https://francais.rt.com/france/48209-cl ... nnibalisme
plus those who have remained famous in criminal records.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 27/07/19, 18:20

Janic wrote:
those who eat oysters actually eat living things, which seems to be the only case in human food.
Otherwise, in the event of extreme famine, sacrificial cannibalism has always existed, although fortunately it remained marginal.
do not confuse sacrificial cannibalism and cannibalism for nutritional reasons only

Cannibalism is a practice which consists in consuming (completely or partially) an individual of his own species
https://francais.rt.com/france/48209-cl ... nnibalisme
plus those who have remained famous in criminal records.

I do not confuse cannibalism due to extreme conditions and ritual or criminal anthropophagy. Otherwise, yes, we eat live oysters but also all raw vegetables, it seems to me. Insectivorous animals eat only living things.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/07/19, 18:21

Eating the body of a living person seems difficult to me.

It can however be easily arranged! : Mrgreen:
In the strict sense (since you want to play in this area), anthropophagy is mainly observed in sacrificial form, therefore in relation to the sacred, which excludes in this case the need ...

Janic, you write:

The palm larvae are also tasted alive ... Normal, because it is only by the local natives ... : Wink:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 27/07/19, 18:28

Ahmed wrote:In the strict sense (since you want to play in this area), anthropophagy is mainly observed in sacrificial form, therefore in relation to the sacred, which excludes in this case the need ...

Yes, I just mentioned it above.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/07/19, 18:35

Our messages crossed... 8)
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 27/07/19, 22:30

Ahmed wrote:The palm larvae are also eaten alive ...

And in northern Namibia (and more widely in southern Africa), the larvae of a tree locally called Mopane.

https://fre.worldtourismgroup.com/brief ... orms-17886

http://gsell.over-blog.com/article-je-m ... 19740.html

The articles speak of "dried" worms (for conservation and transport), but unless my memory plays a trick on me, the peasants with whom I worked crunched them like that, fresh, it seems to me, they were so fond of them. A real madness, like with us the scallops at Christmas.

For my part, I have never been able to eat it. Blocked. I then used my joker that I used when faced with situations where diplomacy wanted me to eat such a rare dish (elsewhere, it was boiled beef eyes), feeling that I was not going to get there , I invoked my religion which prohibited me ... It is a universal argument. Religions everywhere have eating rituals - including forbidden!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 28/07/19, 00:07

GuyGadebois wrote:http://www.changeonsdagriculture.fr/les-rendements-de-l-agriculture-biologique-un-quiproquo-tenace-a117529756
Interesting arguments, but a little too dogmatic.
The title of the article is meaningless since it does not prove it in the rest of the text.
15 times the word "chemistry" while organic farming also uses it ... Pffff

It is not an agriculture with ethical limits that will require, but advanced techniques to produce quality food without fossil fuels, without harming biodiversity.
The association of cultures is not the prerogative of organic farming. The name given does not matter, the main thing being not to provide a limit that has no scientifically proven reason.

"Organic market gardening can obtain considerable returns (Photo Bec Hellouin)" quite questionable, because the study does not take into account all the inputs and other subtleties ...
0 x