Make a bone grinder for the garden

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Making a bone chopper for the garden

by chatelot16 » 25/08/16, 13:18

in chemistry a salt is the result of the mixture of an acid and a base ... certain salt are highly soluble: cooking salt = hydrochloric acid + soda

other salt are insoluble: calcium sulfate = plaster

when a salt is dissolved in water, it no longer exists! there is no sodium chloride in the water: there are only chloride ions and sodium ions ... if we mix another salt it makes other ions ... and if we evaporate water can produce other combinations of salt than what we had at the start: it is the least soluble salts that form first

it is the principle of separation of phosphorus salt: adding sulfuric acid which has 2 advantage: 1) it makes sparingly soluble salt 2) it is cheap, in industrial quantity almost cheaper than water

this subject is interesting: the return to the forest or to the cultivation of useful chemical elements ... the problem is that you must not put anything! an excess of a useless element can according to what you make me learn to consume the element which is missing therefore be more harmful than useful

if I propose to the owner of the forest next to my home to spread the ash from my ilo wood heater will believe that I want to get rid of my waste inexpensively ... there will be no benefit

the drill owner sees the profit he makes by selling the wood ... he sees no profit in adding products whose usefulness he cannot quantify and whose eventual profit will arrive in a long time

chemical treatment of wood ash is not necessarily expensive: I think it would be useful to separate the elements to make them more easily salable to those who need them

I was wondering about the means of analyzing the soil ... no it is not the soil that must be analyzed, too difficult to understand the different states of the chemical element that plants can or cannot use: the right one means is to analyze the leaves of the growing plants: it shows directly if they find what they need or if there is a lack ... and we can add just what is missing without polluting with anything
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/08/16, 17:21

chatelot16 wrote:I was wondering about the means of analyzing the soil ... no it is not the soil that must be analyzed, too difficult to understand the different states of the chemical element that plants can or cannot use: the right one means is to analyze the leaves of the growing plants: it shows directly if they find what they need or if there is a lack ... and we can add just what is missing without polluting with anything

It's worth a good point. It is on this same principle that orthomolecular medicine works for human beings.
In fact, this is a very good analysis! We just have to complete with the fact that - as in human beings - plants are capable of adapting (well not too much anyway ...) and also of manufacturing (or restricting their needs) in the elements of which they are feed and which do not find sufficient in the soil. Like us for example there are some that we are unable to synthesize (Vitamin C).

With the method of natural selection of seeds which grow on poor soil, in water, or there in phosphorus (lately I had linked to a cultivator who succeeded with tomatoes, look for Pascal Poot), it is possible to “ wake »The gene that will allow the plant to resist phosphorus deficiencies (kind of protein kinase involved in phosphate homeostasis) suddenly it is the plant that will overexpress this protein kinase on its own (or something like that ) and There you go….! :| : Lol:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/08/16, 17:45

Obamot wrote:izentrop wrote:
[...] which confirms that excess nitrogen is the problem

Serious? It's nothing personal but just an observation: it's been a while since I wanted to say what Did67 just specified. For someone who is an expert in chemistry and biology (we cannot know everything), you always "confirm" a lot of things
It is not I who confirms, but the text quoted.

Yes, I have little knowledge in chemistry, however I check the seriousness of the sources mentioned. Everyone can be sure. I say nothing and accept controversy if it is proven. By cons do not strive to write texts for me, I zap most often, sorry.
chatelot16 wrote:if I propose to the owner of the forest next to my home to spread the ash from my ilo wood heater will believe that I want to get rid of my waste cheaply ... there will be no benefit .. .
For firewood, we use the trunk and large branches. The nutritive elements are especially concentrated in the foliage, the bark, the seeds and the small branches which remain on the ground in principle, except use in BRF or plates, which is harmful for the forest :( . Image
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 25/08/16, 18:08

I see around my house almost total cuts of wood ... they leave only a few large trees that I find too rare ... it may well leave the branches and leaves, the ground is bare, nothing grows and I am afraid that the nutrient of what is left behind will be lost by leaching in the rain, especially since it is a completely permeable limestone soil

I do not use the branches of this drill to make pads because I already have as much as I want to get rid of the different pruning of roadside or garden ... so I grind to get rid of those who need to get rid of ... what is in the forest can stay in the forest

but I think that in the forest letting everything rot no matter how is not necessarily the best solution ... I think it would be useful to pass everything in the grinder to make both more energy and more d useful chemical element at the right time ... ie not when the forest is deserted but when it starts to grow and when it will be needed

I also think that cutting everything and letting it grow back anyhow without doing anything is not good ... it would be necessary to sow or plant ... but I am not the owner (I would like to become one)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 26/08/16, 12:43

did this is the shredder you need Image
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Os
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/08/16, 13:53

The same in small, it will be perfect. I will plug my bike into it and do my "cardio workout" 3 times a week while crushing the bones of the neighborhood!
0 x
yves35
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yves35 » 26/08/16, 16:35

Hello,

in the past, there were mills for mincing meat. It was tightened on the corner of the kitchen table and was driven by a crank. For hammer-sided chicken bones this may be suitable. Otherwise use an electric coffee grinder. In both cases make the garage sales

yves
0 x
ignored: obamot, janic, guygadebois... air, air. We are not (yet) on Qanon Ben, if in fact
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 27/08/16, 12:32

I suddenly have an idea, what it takes is eventually to soften the bones.

Bone is calcium carbonate CaCO3 if we put this with an acid like vinegar C2H4O2 it will soften it. I haven't tried it, but freezing them afterwards should make them brittle (the calcium which gives everything its rigidity, being dispersed by acetic acid). After try with a garden shredder for wood.

izentrop wrote:Yes, I have little knowledge in chemistry, however I check the seriousness of the sources mentioned.

ah yes, let's talk about your "serious" sources:
- beaujolpif (to measure cesium in soils, huh ...) >>>
Your curve does not mean anything (compared to the effect of "low dose irradiation"and the doses only accumulate ...) and even if we admitted that the cesium would have evaporated (which is not true) you forget the exposure of the peak and the descent of the peak, to which the people have been exposed. It is not only that it lacks seriousness, but
► View Text

Finally, that is only the superficial aspect of [...]
► View Text
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/08/16, 13:18

bone = calcium carbonate = limestone ??? no

the main bone material is calcium phosphate!

if we dissolve this calcium phosphate with an acid, only flexible oseine remains, but we dissolved the phosphorus in the acid

for a few days I have found answers to my previous questions: there are different types of calcium phosphate ... that of bones is particularly poorly soluble ... so old bones buried by my dogs a long time ago still contain the majority of their phosphorus

when we make phosphate fertilizer, it must especially not contain iron, aluminum or magnesium because it makes insoluble combinations with phosphorus ... in bones there is precisely iron and magnesium to make strong, non-soluble bones

I have a big doubt on the total absorption of phosphorus from a mouse by the ground in 15 days ... I sometimes find the corpses of small animals whose bones have not disappeared ... so whose calcium phosphate is still the

the less soluble phosphates are not completely insoluble: reducing them to the finest possible powder is a way of allowing bacteria or fungi to benefit from them more quickly

another bizarre discovery in the chance of gogol: there is too much lead in the bones of pigs ... excess of general lead for all farms, therefore not explainable by the pollution of a particular farm: probable explanation ... we puts bone meal in animal feed ... forbidden for cows since mad cow ... so it is the pigs that eat everything, and from generation to generation everything is concentrated in the bones ...

and I have no more confidence in food for poultry and rabbits than for pig
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 27/08/16, 14:41

chatelot16 wrote:I see around my house almost total cuts of wood ... they leave only a few large trees that I find too rare ... it may well leave the branches and leaves, the ground is bare, nothing grows and I am afraid that the nutrient of what is left behind will be lost by leaching in the rain, especially since it is a completely permeable limestone soil

I am not an expert, but I have already seen sections where they leave a few large trees to seed the land. They cut them 1 to 4 years later.
And it works, a multitude of small trees grow, then the less beautiful are cut down after several years to let the light in the best. If the semi is dense, this makes it possible to obtain beautiful very straight and very tall barrels
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"