lazy gardener in Loire Atlantique

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Lazy Gardener in Loire Atlantique

by phil53 » 21/09/19, 18:55

I will keep you informed. I thought about the archaeological survey but in the project it is mentioned the mounds in permaculture, I immediately thought it was that. But I just go on the internet and it seems that at this place it will be a pasture, so it is even less understandable.
Case to follow.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/09/19, 19:25

Normally, preventive archeology (this is the official name) is supposed to intervene before development projects that would prevent further excavations, but in the case of a kitchen garden? Unless buildings are included in this project ...
One thing is certain, this is not the methodology compatible with cultural mounds, but with excavations ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 23/09/19, 15:51

Ahmed wrote:One thing is certain, this is not the methodology compatible with cultural mounds, but with excavations ...
Is that so ? Are you sure ? With a backhoe load, it does not seem very cautious ... but maybe they do surveys before sending the gear?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/09/19, 20:03

I'm afraid this is "mechanized permaculture".

The preventive archaeological excavations in the case of constructions (factories, roads) that I know did not have this "form"; they were more spaced but much deeper rectangles.

I am afraid that it is a “green space architect” fan of PÃ © rma, who understood everything while he was alive… and who is piloting the project. I had made a conf in the southern suburbs of Nantes, but he couldn't have been there.

Let's not forget that in a project of a community, just before the elections, a project is displayed (on site, in the municipal newsletters) by its cost ... X hundreds of thousands of euros, for a few thousands of ecological voices , it's cheap ! I'm not going to be a son of a bitch and guess that the public works company selected will dig a free pool at the assistant services concerned!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/09/19, 20:21

to be chafoin, you write:
Is that so ? Are you sure ? With backhoe loader, it does not seem to me very cautious ... but maybe they do surveys before sending the gear?

This is how it happens: from a more or less dense frame decided in advance, the machines decape the top, then progress in large but very thin layers under the gaze of an observer. As soon as a clue is found, it stops the machine and scrapes carefully with a trowel ... In the parts of the rectangle without clues, digging continues slowly and can reach a respectable depth (down to the lower level). of a human installation corresponding to the period of the place in question).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 25/09/19, 12:29

It may depend on the sites and the "suspicions". At home, there are Roman remains.

Recently, there are preventive excavations in a large field adjoining the ZAC (extension?). It was small "plots" like 1 mx 2 m, spaced from each other, in large numbers ...

There may be different techniques?

The future will bring its answer!
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 27/09/19, 16:27

Ahmed wrote:Normally, preventive archeology (this is the official name) is supposed to intervene before development projects that would prevent further excavations, but in the case of a kitchen garden? Unless buildings are included in this project ...
One thing is certain, this is not the methodology compatible with cultural mounds, but with excavations ...

Ahmed you're right, this morning there were people on the site, I went to talk to them. Over here I had never seen this system. Usually they are rectangles of 4m on 2 spaced double.
The agglomeration asked for these excavations while it will be well a clary and market gardening is planned.
They found the remains of a Gallic farm.
Bravo Ahmed for your insight!
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/09/19, 19:12

Well here it is ... I guess wrong!
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 19/10/19, 12:32

This year, I put under a ventilated tunnel (just protect rain) a foot of tomato. This confirms what Didier showed us. All other feet are ravaged, the one sheltered with healthy tomatoes that still bloom.
I put a simple glass plate and the leaves just below are not sick, while the rest of the foot is ravaged.
This morning I picked my first 2 leeks, they are a good size. Quirky carrots and a small celery root (half of the trade)
My salads are beautiful and cabbage, it must be said that it is mild and it rains 2 or 3 times week.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 19/10/19, 14:08

This end of the season is really amazing, I think. The cabbages are now superb. There are some tomatoes left. Eggplant: not bad! Curly as ever ... The first small turnips in my seedling from early September ... Etc ...
0 x