The Potager du Sloth: the book

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: Le Potager du Sloth: the book

by Did67 » 03/08/20, 18:12

Moindreffor wrote:
but what is it tiring to go against the current and it is often great moments of solitude and questioning

There, basically I'm having fun! Even if I clenched my teeth to get to the end without exceeding the deadlines ... Question "to be fair". But at the signing, I myself did not know it would take so long. How exhausting it is to find a photo that you know exists and that it would be "there!" among several thousand.

In my previous jobs, yes, very great moments of solitude. I "theorized" this by always asserting that to be free, you have to know how to walk alone! My wife would tell you how many times I cried in her arms. How many lost tussles! Sometimes I was not strong enough. Sometimes the others hunted in packs. Sometimes supports turned the jacket as I balanced over the void.

I will perhaps or perhaps not recount that day when I denounced in a public meeting the misappropriation of food aid (indirectly) in front of the Prefect of Guéra, right-hand man of Hissen Habré, and the Chadian Minister of Agriculture. The whole story is long. And where I returned, packed my suitcase and waited for the special forces ... I was very scared in the face of the tortures that I imagined would come. None of that happened, I reassure you. The moment of solitude, sitting on the metal canteen in which I had gathered my personal belongings, is still present in my head as I write this.

I have not always been reasonable. Today, I still scratch. But it's a velvet paw!

And this is what allowed me to conclude, in the early morning of my heart attack, when I thought I was dying: "that I had had a good life and that I could die in peace!".
3 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 03/08/20, 20:29

Did67 wrote:There, basically I'm having fun! Even if I clenched my teeth to get to the end without exceeding the deadlines ... Question "to be fair". But at the signing, I myself did not know it would take so long. How exhausting it is to find a photo that you know exists and that it would be "there!" among several thousand.

yes fortunately when the time for freedom has come, we can have fun, because we no longer depend, it is a luxury that you have to know how to appreciate and I think that beyond the financial aspect that brings you your book, this immense freedom to be able to finally say what you want, as you want without any prohibitions must be for you, like being finally "rich"
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 03/08/20, 22:36

Integrity comes at a high price these days, but what good does it feel like all hours of the day and night. Image
1 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 04/08/20, 06:39

Barely two days ...
Two days of rain with lots of negative ions - and other things we don't know - and it's the explosion of greenery in the garden!

Instead of investigating why this phenomenon occurs with every rain (when a simple watering does not produce by far the same effect ...) these fatalists who seek the way of the ease of agro-business by betting on GMOs and chemistry, continue to put their heads in a bag, instead of trying to suitably replicate what nature and living things do!
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 04/08/20, 12:14

Obamot wrote:Barely two days ...
Two days of rain with lots of negative ions - and other things we don't know - and it's the explosion of greenery in the garden!

Instead of investigating why this phenomenon occurs with every rain (when a simple watering does not produce by far the same effect ...) these fatalists who seek the way of the ease of agro-business by betting on GMOs and chemistry, continue to put their heads in a bag, instead of trying to suitably replicate what nature and living things do!

Here it is curious this coincidence ... to be continued. 8)
0 x
jft78
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jft78 » 04/08/20, 14:26

Moindreffor wrote:
Did67 wrote:There, basically I'm having fun! Even if I clenched my teeth to get to the end without exceeding the deadlines ... Question "to be fair". But at the signing, I myself did not know it would take so long. How exhausting it is to find a photo that you know exists and that it would be "there!" among several thousand.

yes fortunately when the time for freedom has come, we can have fun, because we no longer depend, it is a luxury that you have to know how to appreciate and I think that beyond the financial aspect that brings you your book, this immense freedom to be able to finally say what you want, as you want without any prohibitions must be for you, like being finally "rich"

The book does provide some freedom, indeed. She is welcome.
On the other hand, on the web, you sometimes have to go through a mediator in a tie or a chocolate-eating speaker to whistle the end of recess. : Wink:
1 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/08/20, 14:38

The web is, for me, a good example of perversity: under the stamp of freedom, GAFA scams you and stash billions in paradises while "exploiting" the public investments paid by these imbeciles, in their eyes, who pay taxes ; to complete the deception, they organize their comm in such a way as to be taken for geniuses, "powerful men", etc ... So much for a bit.

At the other end, under cover of anonymity, individuals insult, spread disinformation, believe themselves to be superior, curse, spoil debates ... It's the same fools, billions less. And there is nothing worse than the frustrated!

It just goes to show that we can invent "beautiful tools", it suffices to put them in the hands of men. And they do what they know mine to do: bullshit, fights, scrambles, whoever has the biggest (stupidity) ... And let's go, climbing!

What am I doing here ??? Sometimes I wonder ... Besides, I'm going to go to my vegetable garden!
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 04/08/20, 14:42

Did67 wrote:The web is, for me, a good example of perversity: under the stamp of freedom, GAFA scams you and stash billions in paradises while "exploiting" the public investments paid by these imbeciles, in their eyes, who pay taxes ; to complete the deception, they organize their comm in such a way as to be taken for geniuses, "powerful men", etc ... So much for a bit.

At the other end, under cover of anonymity, individuals insult, spread disinformation, believe themselves to be superior, curse, spoil debates ... It's the same fools, billions less. And there is nothing worse than the frustrated!

It just goes to show that we can invent "beautiful tools", it suffices to put them in the hands of men. And they do what they know mine to do: bullshit, fights, scrambles, whoever has the biggest (stupidity) ... And let's go, climbing!

What am I doing here ??? Sometimes I wonder ... Besides, I'm going to go to my vegetable garden!

You are 1000 times right
2 daily news to throw up
The ridiculous tax paid by Netflix in France
The lobbies are very strong ... even the judges now
Apple trial: European justice cancels the record fine

Well, until I retire I go back to work
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/08/20, 17:52

Did67 wrote:
And they do what they know mine to do: bullshit, brawls, scrambles, whoever has the biggest (stupidity) ... And let's go, climbing!

Everyone had corrected: ... that they know the BEST to do!

[And while we're at it, out of respect for our language: "... GAFAs are ripping you off!"
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 04/08/20, 19:41

Did67 wrote:
Did67 wrote:And they do what they know mine to do: bullshit, brawls, scrambles, whoever has the biggest (stupidity) ... And let's go, climbing!

Everyone had corrected: ... that they know the BEST to do!
[And while we're at it, out of respect for our language: "... GAFAs are ripping you off!"

We're not going to blame you for a few typos, grammar or spelling mistakes, it's not like you wrote books ... : Mrgreen:

it reminds me of a French teacher friend who had read on a copy, corrected by one of these colleagues for the pupil: "Watch out for the spelling" : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)