Finally a garden! Where to start ?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: Finally a garden! Where to start ?

by Did67 » 05/07/19, 18:59

It's simple, but I don't know if the inoculum is easily found! It is preferable to mix at night (the light "killing" the bacteria) and plant immediately. Then the bacteria are in the soil ...

Ah well if: https://www.semence-biologique.fr/285-i ... et-radicin

Well, these are doses for "pros" - but why not ask Santa Claus, he offers so much nonsense sometimes ????
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 06/07/19, 09:39

Was the soil where you sowed the beans properly moist?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 06/07/19, 09:41

It's a good question: let's start at the beginning!
0 x
MadameOurs
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by MadameOurs » 06/07/19, 09:48

Good question !
I sowed in pots and then planted. In direct sowing in the clay nothing came out.
Then I waited for it to grow, but I did not particularly water since it was not withered.
0 x
Today there is dessert.
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 06/07/19, 13:35

When you planted the soil, how was it (dry, lumpy, hard ...)?
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 06/07/19, 15:11

MadameOurs wrote:Good question !
I sowed in pots and then planted. In direct sowing in the clay nothing came out.
Then I waited for it to grow, but I did not particularly water since it was not withered.

you have to observe the soil in which you place your bucket

a bucket of potting soil if you put it in place dry, you will have great difficulty in wetting it, so you have to wet the bucket before transplanting it, you dip it in the water and let it drain

and if you put your bucket in dry soil, the soil will prick all the water in the bucket and you will end up with a dry bucket difficult to wet

so yes mulching can dispense with watering but not always, as you start your soil is like mine, lacking MO 'organic matter), it therefore tends to lack a little water retention, so it will you will have to water, especially since the bean likes water : Mrgreen: to push fast
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 06/07/19, 15:16

And if in addition it is really "clayey", it can be very compact, and take a long time to deteriorate. Its retention capacities (retain water, mineral elements) can be very high, but if "the fridge is empty", it is hard to fill and the first elements are monopolized by the clays, and little available for the plants. ... Filling a big fridge is harder! It's not 3 yogurts that will do!

Ditto for water: if the soil was dry, then, in effect, it will "pump" all the water from the root ball, which "will disappear" and will be retained very strongly by the clays. There, it is not the image of the fridge that is essential, but a tank. You pour a glass of water into a 1 l tank. It will not show at the bottom!

Clay soils are potentially very rich, because they store a lot. It is still necessary to feed them first!
1 x
MadameOurs
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by MadameOurs » 19/09/19, 21:12

Here is my vegetable garden about ten days ago. I went on vacation three weeks in August, I had watered well. My tomato plants were dwarf and fruitless, the same for zucchini and eggplant, non-existent beans.

(I think I haven't watered enough regularly)

When I came back, everything had collapsed under the weight of the fruit, partly burnt, a huge zucchini, and even a ripe melon. And only one eggplant. The zucchini remains small (lack of pollination if I understood correctly, the flowers are full of ants) and the stalk has a disease on the leaves.

I watered when I came back, which marked the tomatoes.
But since then I have harvested enough to make a nice tomato salad every day. I have since learned that there are varieties that arrive faster than others, and that Saint Peter is half late.

I'm enjoying myself and I'm already making plans for the future vegetable garden which will move if the works are finished.

Thank you for your wise advice, thank you Did67 for this book which clearly told me "go ahead and you will see" and thank you for phenoculture!
Attachments
IMG_20190905_165759382.jpg
0 x
Today there is dessert.
Did67

by Did67 » 19/09/19, 21:18

MadameOurs wrote:
Thank you for your wise advice, thank you Did67 for this book which clearly told me "go ahead and you will see" and thank you for phenoculture!

Thank you for this thank you!

This is another miracle of the "PP": I receive more thanks than shouts or reproaches! And it is my very pleasant faith. This "go ahead and see" is clearly, in subliminal terms, my essential message. Why would it work less well if we do less damage to living things ???
0 x
Diabolorent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Diabolorent » 20/09/19, 11:49

@Did:

That's it ! You have to go and you have nothing to lose!

This year, mixed harvest and yet we are a few liters of tomato sauce for this winter : Lol:
So even for a "bad year" that satisfies me because it is extremely good Image

The icing on the cake is that from year to year everyone can (must even) adapt the technique to their soil, environment, climate, and that each shared experience brings questions and solutions for all the others. You will tell me this is the very principle of a forum, so far nothing exceptional.

What is more is to see the osmosis created, not only by the site, the book, the character of Did, but by this different look at nature in general, an experience of the sacred and miraculous side of functioning of our environments, which we certainly exploit, but with extreme respect transmitted without dogmatism or elitism, just in agreement with us even in fact, because I am convinced that we are not there by chance : Wink:

Like I said, at first I didn't really know what I was looking for, but I found it here.
So yes I was looking for a technique to make a vegetable garden, but you (Did) brought me a lot more than that. You made the creation of my vegetable garden possible, but you raised my level of reflection and sensitivity (I was already quite so) to "conscious" respect for nature.
And whatever technique (s) I might adopt in the future, this solid and universal "base" will accompany me.

So bluntly, thank you Did !!!

@Madame Ours:

Your vegetable garden looks strangely like mine: everything, everywhere, in a disorderly organized hand : Lol: : Lol:
Happy harvest!
0 x
"It is not a sign of good mental health to be well adapted to a sick society" Jiddu Krishnamurti.