Do you know the moth!!???

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
A.D. 44
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Do you know the moth!!???

by A.D. 44 » 10/09/23, 16:45

So it turns out that at first, thinking it was aphids (because of the tiny black dots, which in fact were caterpillar droppings), I sprayed black soap several times!!! And it had absolutely no effect on my type of caterpillars... none!

Then I understood that they were caterpillars... for three days I have been testing for Thuringian bacillus and at the same time I manually remove what I find...

This thing is swarming at high speed!!! You really have to be attentive and vigilant, because once installed, it goes quickly
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/09/23, 10:56

when on a living being, plant or animal, a parasite[*] swarms, it is because it is fragile, seeing sick and tackling the effects does not change the causes which are repeated like all pathologies where one replaces the other endlessly. But the cycle is always the same: sick soil, even sterile = sick plant, = sick animal! Likewise, healthy, fertile soil = healthy plants = healthy animals. and therefore more parasitized

[*] Contrary to popular belief, parasites (from a human perspective) are not plagues but indicators of health or not just like viruses and bacteria without which there would be no life on earth. However, these parasites only attack fragile plants like natural predators, thus selecting the viable and the non-viable as Darwin emphasized.
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 12/09/23, 13:37

Janic in his delusions : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/09/23, 14:38

However, the true role of parasites and their usefulness is underestimated due to a purely utilitarian anthropocentric classification which is not burdened with a more global vision. Thus*, the spruce bark beetles which are presented, by an inappropriate shortcut, as forest destroyers only destroy dying trees and their population varies according to this factor (knowing that these creatures are equipped (with origin! : Wink: ) a sensor allowing them to locate target trees and a “facebook” to invite colleagues to the feast!

* But this is just one example among many...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/09/23, 16:18

12/09/23, 13:37
izmentrop
Janic in his delusions
too stupid in his words... to keep the rhyme! : Cheesy:
another imbecile who knows nothing about plant and animal biology. :(
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 12/09/23, 16:46

Ahmed, you talk about proliferation, but in general wild life, insects or plants produce a lot of offspring to have a chance of perpetuating the species.

My tomato plants are not sick. In this case the predator attacks what it is used to feeding on.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/09/23, 17:07

I never spoke of proliferation, only of adaptation of the volume of populations to potential hosts.
As for your tomatoes, they have been adapted by selection to criteria which assume that the action of parasites is negligible due to chemical control methods. Then, the method of cultivation makes them much more sensitive to these attacks (concentration, monospecificism, accelerated growth).
This is very visible when additional plantings are carried out on natural regeneration of forest trees: nursery plants are primarily attacked, while natural seedlings of the same species are little impacted: normal, due to the fertilizers which have been fed the plants, they are much more palatable to deer.
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 12/09/23, 17:39

this evening on Arte 20:55 p.m.: Insecticides how agrochemistry destroyed insects :(
iamentrop
in general wild life, insects or plants produce a lot of offspring to have a chance of perpetuating the species.
except that we are no longer within the framework of biologically respected wild life. Natural predators are finding it more and more difficult to feed themselves and their offspring with pesticides of all kinds, weakening the eggs, thus having less chance of developing, with the consequence also that this scarcity of predators favors the proliferation of so-called insects. parasites in an endless vicious circle.
My tomato plants are not sick. In this case the predator attacks what it is used to feeding on.
except that, very probably, by promoting soil cover and not plowing it, inherited from the recommendations of true agrobio, you are moving closer to organic cultivation with less depleted soil than in large-scale cultivation, including market gardening. .
However, in true organic farming, crops are no longer invaded by parasites as soon as the plants have found favorable soil and seeds that are also not polluted by agrochemicals. Furthermore, to defend themselves, healthy plants send chemical messages to deter them from being attacked.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 12/09/23, 21:07

Janic wrote: the cycle is always the same: sick soil, even sterile = sick plant, = sick animal! Likewise, healthy, fertile soil = healthy plants = healthy animals. and therefore more parasitized
Ahmed wrote:nursery plants are primarily attacked, while natural seedlings of the same species are little impacted: normal, due to the fertilizer with which the plants were fed, they are much more palatable for deer.
Haven't you noticed that your generalities have diametrically opposed conclusions? : Shock:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/09/23, 21:28

I did not mention a generality, but a specific and documented case. These better-fed plants provide greater initial growth, therefore providing more herbaceous (=softer) plant material, therefore "abnormal"* in terms of attractiveness for herbivores.
Furthermore, the phenomenon of parasitism is complex and is not limited to weak parasites; other criteria can come into play, simultaneously or not, in particular the regulation aspect of the host (a good example is provided to us by Covid).

* The plant must navigate between its necessary growth and its lignification which will provide it with good protection, especially if it is accompanied by the development of tannins, which are very dissuasive.
0 x

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"