A vegetable meadow?

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: A vegetable meadow?

by Julienmos » 01/10/19, 14:39

Did67 wrote:
The piéride is not a curse: I have butterflies every year, which we sometimes see on my videos. And I only had one attack, which resolved itself (hornet more than likely). It is enough to have water points and to tolerate wasps polistes and hornets ... No doubt messages and other birds too? I did not track down who was in charge!

when I watched well and I did not arrive too late, I always managed to pick up the piérides by hand ... not having quite the same area of ​​kale as on the photo on the previous page : Lol: (posted by "being chafoin") ... (I dare not imagine the treatments and fertilizations to obtain such a result)
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 01/10/19, 15:00

Did67 wrote:It is enough to have water points and to tolerate wasps polistes and hornets ... No doubt messages and other birds too? I did not track down who was in charge!

Ah, the political wasps! I love them, they do a job against insane pests and are not aggressive for a penny. I love hornets too, saiuf when they are drunk from having eaten overripe fruit.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 01/10/19, 15:41

GuyGadebois wrote:
Did67 wrote:It is enough to have water points and to tolerate wasps polistes and hornets ... No doubt messages and other birds too? I did not track down who was in charge!

Ah, the political wasps! I love them, they do a job against insane pests and are not aggressive for a penny. I love hornets too, saiuf when they are drunk from having eaten overripe fruit.

Absolutely .... the best enemy of flies ...

They colonize the inside of the chalet and it is a blessing indeed ...

Not aggressive however it is not won Image
- a sting to the eye for me ... I don't know how it made its account to fly me between the sunglasses and the eye ... pfff but fortunately we have a lot of lanceolate plantain and it goes quickly .
- my wife 3 bites

But hey being fortunately allergic neither one nor the other we say that it whips the blood.

Only place where conventionally one is obliged to make the police it is in the locks of gates
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 01/10/19, 16:06

nico239 wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:Not aggressive however it is not won Image
- a sting to the eye for me ... I don't know how it made its account to fly me between the sunglasses and the eye ... pfff but fortunately we have a lot of lanceolate plantain and it goes quickly .
- my wife 3 bites

But hey being fortunately allergic neither one nor the other we say that it whips the blood.

Only place where conventionally one is obliged to make the police it is in the locks of gates

She must have got stuck and panicked, but they rarely attack and sting by "accident". I sometimes move tiles where these insects have nestled without getting bitten. It must of course be done with slow movements, without abruptness. But they stay alert on the nest without attacking!
And indeed, their venom is much more harmless than that of bees.
0 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 01/10/19, 16:13

GuyGadebois wrote:
nico239 wrote:
GuyGadebois wrote:Not aggressive however it is not won Image
- my wife 3 bites

She must have got stuck and panicked, but they rarely attack and sting by "accident". I sometimes move tiles where these insects have nestled without getting bitten. It must of course be done with slow movements, without abruptness. But they stay alert on the nest without attacking!
And indeed, their venom is much more harmless than that of bees.

Yes worry in our cases these are accidents.

I tell you it is only in the locks (and depending on the weather or the time of course) that they are more aggressive.

Normal you bother them.

There is the mailbox too .... 10 times it will pass and then the 11th.

It's always stupid to destroy a nest but how to do it.

The best thing is to choose BEFORE the season in these few places, suddenly they do not come.

But we don't always think about it.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 01/10/19, 18:13

GuyGadebois wrote:Ah, the political wasps! I love them, they do a job against insane pests and are not aggressive for a penny. I love hornets too, except when they are drunk from eating overripe fruit.

We are 100% in agreement.

And for hornets, except when you approach their nests. Who can be a bale of hay which decomposes, a wall with hollows, ... They are territorial and a big beast which is agitated near their nest, they attack. My wife, who is a known allergic (blood test) can not help but be agitated ...

Me, I approach in small steps and stop myself strictly, mouth closed of course, when they attack. They must take me for a rock ???

Ah yes, and when you are allergic to the hairdresser, like me, they can get caught in the hair.

And the halogen spotlights also make them crazy.

The polists are friendly. You work on the brink of the nest and they go about their business (ventilating, looking for water, looking for good food) ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 01/10/19, 18:15

nico239 wrote:
Yes worry in our cases these are accidents.

I tell you it is only in the locks (and depending on the weather or the time of course) that they are more aggressive.

Normal you bother them.

There is the mailbox too .... 10 times it will pass and then the 11th.

It's always stupid to destroy a nest but how to do it.

The best thing is to choose BEFORE the season in these few places, suddenly they do not come.

But we don't always think about it.

With us they are less intrusive. I've never had them in locks or in the mailbox ...
0 x
Julienmos
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Julienmos » 01/10/19, 19:37

it's very nice, the wasps, almost never I got bitten, on the other hand my apples (not very numerous in addition, on my little tree) have holes made every day, I imagine, by these insects, and I speak not of mirabelles, much worse!
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 01/10/19, 19:37

Did67 wrote:
We are 100% in agreement.

And for hornets, except when you approach their nests. Who can be a bale of hay which decomposes, a wall with hollows, ... They are territorial and a big beast which is agitated near their nest, they attack. My wife, who is a known allergic (blood test) can not help but be agitated ...

Me, I approach in small steps and stop myself strictly, mouth closed of course, when they attack. They must take me for a rock ???

Ah yes, and when you are allergic to the hairdresser, like me, they can get caught in the hair.

And the halogen spotlights also make them crazy.

The polists are friendly. You work on the brink of the nest and they go about their business (ventilating, looking for water, looking for good food) ...

Reminds me when I lived near Lambesc we had a nest in the wall 2m from the kitchen door.

We left it because ... they never muffled.

Except in the fall, the light frightened them and they came to hit the window.

In the Luberon different behavior.

There must have been a nest I don't know where but in the evening pffff the light made them do anything

As you say the best halogen parade from which you have removed the protection: they go for it and cry out direct.

Here no worries there are some but they are weird: they hunt at 1m from the ground.

The other day too bad I didn't have the phone to film, there was one who stung the prey of an argiope IN his canvas.

He struggled because the prey was held by the wire, but he still managed to do it: staggering.

And during this time the argiope was discreet ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 01/10/19, 19:38

Julienmos wrote:it's very nice, the wasps, almost never I got bitten, on the other hand my apples (not very numerous in addition, on my little tree) have holes made every day, I imagine, by these insects, and I speak not of mirabelles, much worse!

Ah the sugar damn attracts them.

Strawberries are the same
0 x