CEA and Renault are developing a bidirectional on-board charger

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: CEA and Renault develop a bidirectional on-board charger

by SebastianL » 28/01/23, 21:48

sicetaitsimple wrote: In France there are only 3 operational 600MW units left, that is to say practically nothing. And it's the same in many European countries.

Just tell me one of those countries that doesn't get tricked by its coal-producing neighbors, at this little game...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 28/01/23, 21:51

SebastianL wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote: In France there are only 3 operational 600MW units left, that is to say practically nothing. And it's the same in many European countries.

Just tell me one of those countries that doesn't get tricked by its coal-producing neighbors, at this little game...

I do not understand the question.
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 28/01/23, 22:12

All these countries that outsource their peak buy coal during peak hours and sell their decarbonated production during off-peak hours, the quintessence of the commercial strategy for "overwhelmed" people like you!
Selling nuclear power mainly at peak times is much more profitable and with that we can develop gen4.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 28/01/23, 22:24

SebastianL wrote:All these countries that outsource their peak buy coal during peak hours and sell their decarbonated production during off-peak hours, the quintessence of the commercial strategy for "overwhelmed" people like you!
Selling nuclear power mainly at peak times is much more profitable and with that we can develop gen4.

: Shock: : Shock: : Shock: Can you give us examples? Over several years?
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 28/01/23, 23:16

sicetaitsimple wrote:
SebastianL wrote:All these countries that outsource their peak buy coal during peak hours and sell their decarbonated production during off-peak hours, the quintessence of the commercial strategy for "overwhelmed" people like you!

: Shock: : Shock: : Shock: Can you give us examples? Over several years?

Examples of what? that France has been selling its elec at off-peak hours for years?
The first example is our deal with the Swiss, who raise water at night and managed to get electricity cheaper than in France (in 2014 I was there) and that made me laugh the speech served with constancy for decades: "in France we have the least expensive elec in the world".
And there is no need to do st cyr to see that nuclear power absolutely cannot produce the peak with 58 reactors, therefore the ENRs break their balls by lowering prices during off-peak hours, right when nuclear power can sell the most.
Unless we have the right to be intelligent... which is not won
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 29/01/23, 15:57

Sorry, but I don't really understand where you are coming from and/or what you want to demonstrate..
- That there is more electricity available for sale during "off-peak" periods is obvious, but there must still be a buyer interested in this offer.
-That even in France, which is nevertheless very well equipped, nuclear power alone is not capable of covering consumption peaks is also
- That certain countries like Switzerland, because of their geography, can value their precipitation much better than others, the same. And that they have more technical possibilities to develop STEP than others, same thing again.
- That Germany has long been the world's largest user of lignite, still the same, they are the ones with the largest reserves.

We could continue like this for a long time to decline the obvious.
So what? What do you want to demonstrate?
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 29/01/23, 19:44

sicetaitsimple wrote:So what? What do you want to demonstrate?

In a large PV offgrid installation, we always put the technical minimum of battery, and we add a fossil generator.
All this happens to be economical, even if the fossil kwh is overpriced. Uses are optimized and the generator operates on a basic basis with an ENR installation in energy deficit compared to average uses. If it is possible to do with an overpriced fossil kwh, it is then possible to do the same with expensive nuclear, provided you do not destroy ENR uses and use the batteries intelligently.

By your imposture (I press a button = nuclear energy comes to me, with patriotic music in the background), you were able to ruin nuclear power in 1 decade by ignoring the arrival of renewable energy. Worse still, you are taking over "battery" technology when this economy is structurally more profitable with ENR, a "house of cards" strategy that will do a lot of damage in the medium term, unless you manage to remove 50 IQ points from all users. !

The arenh is also linked to hydroelectric dam concessions.
In short, all the current heavy failures of nuclear EDF are linked to energy storage, proving that "I press a button = nuclear energy comes to me" is actually accompanied by the music of the titanic...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 29/01/23, 21:08

SebastianL wrote:In a large PV offgrid installation, we always put the technical minimum of battery, and we add a fossil generator.
All this happens to be economical, even if the fossil kwh is overpriced. Uses are optimized and the generator operates on a basic basis with an ENR installation in energy deficit compared to average uses. If it is possible to do with an overpriced fossil kwh, it is then possible to do the same with expensive nuclear, provided you do not destroy ENR uses and use the batteries intelligently.

By your imposture (I press a button = nuclear energy comes to me, with patriotic music in the background), you were able to ruin nuclear power in 1 decade by ignoring the arrival of renewable energy. Worse still, you are taking over "battery" technology when this economy is structurally more profitable with ENR, a "house of cards" strategy that will do a lot of damage in the medium term, unless you manage to remove 50 IQ points from all users. !

The arenh is also linked to hydroelectric dam concessions.
In short, all the current heavy failures of nuclear EDF are linked to energy storage, proving that "I press a button = nuclear energy comes to me" is actually accompanied by the music of the titanic...

: Shock: : Shock: : Shock: This whole demonstration is crystal clear....

But what "energy storage" are we talking about when we say "all the current heavy failures of nuclear EDF are linked to energy storage"? Certainly not STEPs that have been there for forty years. So what?
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 29/01/23, 21:43

sicetaitsimple wrote:But what "energy storage" are we talking about when we say "all the current heavy failures of nuclear EDF are linked to energy storage"? Certainly not STEPs that have been there for forty years. So what?

If the STEPs precisely, the large ENR operators also need storage, for the same reasons as EDF and since the hydroelectric power stations are piloted for the majority under EDF management "ideologically" for the nuclear, there have been complaints from the actors ENR and therefore the answer was to tell them to go and cook an egg but in exchange EDF provided electricity at cost price ARENH to calm the claimants

EDF knowing this temporary situation, falls back on the EV and the controllable battery storage. Crappy solution.

So I defend hydroelectric storage for nuclear power and daytime battery storage reserved for renewables with a wind/nuclear mix at night
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 29/01/23, 21:57

SebastianL wrote:If the WWTPs precisely, the large renewable energy operators also need storage,

But what is he talking about? "The big ENR operators", and the small ones too, all sell their production "over the water" to EDF at a fixed purchase price for around twenty years, whatever the need at that time on the network.
It is up to EDF to get out of it.
Now, if they need storage capacity under a different contract or elsewhere than in France, nothing prevents them from building it.
0 x