We tested ChatGPT: ask your questions here without an account

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: We tested ChatGPT: ask your questions here without an account

by gegyx » 04/09/23, 13:16

I see that the conversion and continuing education will not be at the desired appointment, given the current delays already. Pious wishes.

All the left behind who did a basic job for a few subsidies, will be swept away forever.

With AI, there is no need to pay an expensive lawyer for a case.
She is able to lay us all the texts of existing laws and to write a pleading.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/09/23, 14:08

Even imagining a "top" retraining structure, given the time it takes with regard to needs that would evolve much faster, I think it's quite unrealistic as a counterweight...

I just read the pad of Laurent Alexandre stated, "The war of intelligences in the age of ChatGPT": it's a big catch-all that touches on just about every aspect of the issue, not skipping the potentially nasty ones, but still thinks the solution is to go straight ahead; the choice, he says, would be therefore to submit to technological determinisms to hope to get out of the game. It is possible to consider that this is a presentation that wants to be "neutral", but which strives to make the transhumanist cause triumph under externally democratic, therefore acceptable, whereas the chances of a coexistence of these two conceptions of the world are very doubtful (it is an understatement!).
As its title indicates, the author is obsessed with intelligence, but strangely if he is clever enough to underline the uncertainty that surrounds this notion, that does not immediately prevent him from drawing very categorical conclusions. . However, I am not sure that this is the main issue and that a hypothetical increase in intellectual capacities would be decisive in getting us out of the mess its clumsy use has gotten us into...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/09/23, 14:27

Ahmed wrote: Many of his assertions, however kind they may be, are quite questionable.

Have confidence! :D

KAAGIF.gif
KAAGIF.gif (3.38 Mio) Viewed 989 times
1 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 04/09/23, 17:14

In short: "AI is not a threat to workers, they will just have to adapt by learning."
Indeed it is very consensual as an answer, no reflection of scale (one person assisted by an AI will be able to do the same work as x people), no deep reflection on a system based on work made obsolete, one could read the same something in a mainstream magazine or a government speech.

And then ChatGPT doesn't care about us:
Workers should consider developing more creative and strategic skills to stay relevant in the job market.
Then right after:
ChatGPT can be used to help generate creative ideas
2 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/09/23, 17:50

Much of the optimism of some authors, including the one quoted above, is based on the concept of "creative destruction" formulated by the economist Schumpeter. In the past, there has been a shift in employment from the primary sector to the secondary sector (from agriculture to the factory, for example), then from the secondary to the tertiary sector (from the factory to services), but here the configuration is unprecedented. since the AI ​​attacks precisely the tertiary sector and there is no longer any possible postponement (even if some put forward a quaternary sector, but this is only a subdivision of the tertiary sector). In our country, the majority of jobs have become tertiary due to the outsourcing of a good part of secondary jobs and the mechanization of agriculture, which means that many people will be affected (and it has already started ). Moreover, the problem is not confined only to the jobs directly affected, but also concerns the creation of value: we are happy to be hypnotized by the astronomical salaries of the bosses of the silicone valley, but the contribution of high-performance machines will result in a prodigious drop in treatment costs and therefore in the profitability of a large number of companies. Of course, people like L. Alexander are intended to be reassuring and promote new activities in the fields of education, medicine and others, holding out the promise of a universal increase in the possibilities of education, of treatment and of "being creative", but this kind of demonstration suffers from a lack of rigor and "the knowledge economy" remains a slogan.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/09/23, 11:01

I strongly encourage the direct reading of the book of the transhumanist L. Alexander, because it is very easy to access, even if there are lengths due to repetition tendencies (I was relieved to reach the end!).

For those who would not, here is the "pitch" of the book: the author warns us against a serious danger that we would not perceive well, the rise of AI and the upheavals that go with it. It balances the different possible strategies ranging from refusal (quickly swept away) or adaptation. Thanks (?) to electronic implants, it would be conceivable that everyone could restore a certain compatibility with the competition of AIs; at least that's what adamantly maintains LA.
I find that, failing to be convincing (what proves that a little additional machine is possible and effective against many machines and on their terrain?), it's clever: we scare the readers, but then they are sold a solution that will save them all! Isn't life beautiful? : Lol:

I don't know if it comes down to methodology or manipulation (I would lean towards the second hypothesis), but the author does not present himself as a transhumanist, which he nevertheless is: he strives to show that it is is a position to which he is "forced" to rally, subjugated no doubt by his own intelligence, after his analysis of the various options. However, the authors he calls in support of his thesis are hardly relevant, let us quote Gerald Bronner et Luc FerryEg.
0 x
Petrus
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Petrus » 05/09/23, 16:27

Ah, so he agrees with Musk who wants to implant chips in our brains to compete with AI...
A very stupid reasoning in my opinion, the implants will only increase the dependence on the AI ​​without making the implanted more efficient than an AI in its work since it is not limited by the rest of the body still human. Implanters may make better AI operators but that's it. That's certainly the goal, to make super-operators who can replace even more human workers than non-implanted operators. We are worried about the jobs replaced by AI, the guys are already organizing competition between AI operators.
2 x