Etienne Klein: "Engineers, frankly, we don't hear them much"

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Etienne Klein: "Engineers, frankly, we don't hear them much"

by Exnihiloest » 19/11/20, 20:34

Janic wrote:... If he can no longer breathe for polluted air ...

Always the same apocalyptic delusions, always the same false tales, always the same fallacious messages.
The air has improved considerably since the 60s / 70s.
The current criteria for counting deaths by pollution, of the great anything outside any science, applied to the past, and it is half of the population which should have disappeared in the years 60/70.

What if, what if, what if ...
If the facts and reality resembled the rantings of the ignorant, the illuminated and the fear-mongering ecomanipulators, there would be no one on earth! However, we see that, on the contrary, the population is increasing without any problem.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 19/11/20, 20:47

pedrodelavega wrote:
Janic wrote:SAM, the zetetist, tried to trick Klein
when?
He won't tell you, it is his habit to launch gratuitous accusations against those who do not correspond to his dogmas.

I can hardly see Sam criticizing Klein, let alone setting him up. Moreover in the video cited, he did not stop praising For Etienne.

On the other hand in this one, he trapped in beauty Stéphane Foucart / Horel following his conspiracy theory with regard to an association of scientific volunteers that Janic also calls a sect.

0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 19/11/20, 20:52

Janic wrote:
according to you, therefore, the newborn child should follow a scientific protocol imposed by your friends in order to have the right to breathe, to eat, to sleep, etc ...
not for that, but if he wants to become a cosmonaut, yes, he has every interest in learning it.
For one in 7 billion! If he can no longer breathe for polluted air, for lack of fuel [*], to be sick of junk food, to leave heaps of waste in the sky like us on earth, etc ... hello method!

yeah but with the computer on which you spend your days vituperating against the modern world anyway !!! : Lol:
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 20/11/20, 13:37

izentrop »19 / 11 / 20, 21: 47
pedrodelavega wrote:
janic wrote: SAM the zetetist tried to trick Klein
when?
He won't tell you, it is his habit to launch gratuitous accusations against those who do not correspond to his dogmas.
Unlike you who can afford to do it ?!
I can hardly see Sam criticizing Klein, let alone setting him up.
"there is no worse blind than the one who does not want to see
Moreover in the video cited, he did not run out of praise
Should hear you! Or there is no video in question and in this case you can not speak of praise being there! Or there is one and you didn't mention this one either. Are you afraid to find some truth there that would disturb your beliefs and dogmas
On the other hand in this one, he trapped in beauty Stéphane Foucart / Horel following his conspiracy theory with regard to an association of scientific volunteers that Janic also calls a sect.
I use this word sect in the literal sense, which means "separated from " and until further information this sect is not officially recognized for credit.
for the rest, I do not know or credit or discredit this Foucart!

a B C
yeah but with the computer on which you spend your days vituperating against the modern world anyway !!!
eh yes ! it is one of the contradictions, among many others, to be in this system; which does not and should not prevent highlighting its faults and follies. So environmentalists criticize this living environment in which they find themselves, however, hoping that awareness will gradually change the current situation.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 20/11/20, 15:29

small correction which will please some. It is not about SAM but about the face at an angle. As the two have the same speech, defend the same ideas, the confusion was too easy.
For this SAM, we must recognize to his credit that he is a little smarter than the face, a bit like Pedro compared to the other speakers, proBP.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 20/11/20, 16:29

Janic wrote:eh yes ! it is one of the contradictions, among many others, to be in this system; which does not and should not prevent highlighting its faults and follies. So environmentalists criticize this living environment in which they find themselves, however, hoping that awareness will gradually change the current situation.

ah well yes but you know no one forces you to spit every day on the company that brings you the cozy comfort that you enjoy quietly: I imagine that you do not have only a computer, but also a fridge, electricity 7/24, can be a motor vehicle, well I know all these things that existed since time immemorial in all traditional cultures ...

And if you don't care about this comfort, look out your home window, are there maybe some homeless people or some migrants who would be very happy to exchange their situation with you?
0 x
To pass for an idiot in the eyes of a fool is a gourmet pleasure. (Georges COURTELINE)

Mééé denies nui went to parties with 200 people and was not even sick moiiiiiii (Guignol des bois)
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 20/11/20, 16:56

ah well yes but you know no one forces you to spit every day on the company that brings you the cozy comfort that you enjoy quietly: I imagine that you do not have only a computer, but also a fridge, electricity 7/24, can be a motor vehicle, well I know all these things that existed since time immemorial in all traditional cultures ...
nobody forces you to tell bullshit either and yet you do not deprive yourself of it. Similarly, I do not deprive myself of this comfort of our societies, but as usual you have not even read it. On the other hand, each of us, now that awareness is growing, can help worsen the world situation by shamelessly polluting it or adopting less predatory behavior.
Those who do and will do better are indeed the older cultures, before our phagocytosis of energy and goods.

And if you don't care about this comfort, look out your home window, are there maybe some homeless people or some migrants who would be very happy to exchange their situation with you?

Ah, the verse of the violin to make you cry in the cottages! : Cry: And you?
These people in a precarious situation are not for pleasure or choice, but often to save their lives and their families from a situation that we ourselves have generated since the beginning of the industrial era and who would prefer to be in their countries or to have a job so as not to depend on social generosity. A simple virus and the whole of society collapses at once, doesn't that make you think? even our heavenly suppositories take a blow, perhaps fatal!
0 x
ABC2019
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by ABC2019 » 20/11/20, 17:03

Janic wrote:
nobody forces you to tell bullshit either and yet you do not deprive yourself of it.

I live in line with what I'm saying, you think what you want, I don't care.

Likewise, I do not deprive myself of this comfort of our societies, but as usual you have not even read it.

if I read correctly, that is what I said. On the other hand, you also spend your time vituperating against the scientific method which has brought you all this comfort, not me.

On the other hand, each of us, now that awareness is growing, can help worsen the world situation by shamelessly polluting it or adopting less predatory behavior.
Those who do and will do better are indeed the older cultures, before our phagocytosis of energy and goods.

you know it's really not complicated to go and live in a poorer country. It's more complicated to go and live in a richer country, however.

Ah, the verse of the violin to make you cry in the cottages! : Cry: And you?

I make no one cry, you misunderstood me, I just said that if you didn't want this comfort anymore, you would easily find people to exchange their situation with you. I take advantage of the wealth that society brings to me, but I do not spit in the soup by insulting the whole earth, even if of course I am ready to contribute to its improvement.

A simple virus and all of society collapses at once, doesn't that make you think? even our heavenly suppositories take a blow, perhaps fatal!

obviously you don't know what a really collapsing society means. I hope for you that you will not have to know him during your lifetime.
0 x

bob sled
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by bob sled » 20/11/20, 17:26

Dangerous message from Etienne Klein who seems to ignore (perhaps drawing) that we no longer produce engineers worthy of the name since the early 2000s.

France awards the title of engineer on average to 35 students each year (sometimes more, sometimes less):
https://www.letudiant.fr/educpros/actua ... lomes.html

That is as much as the USA, which has a population of 330 million inhabitants.

The title of engineer has for some time been applied to a wide variety of training including training where mathematics is limited to the rule of 3, arithmetic and geometric series and some probabilities.

For others it is also a disaster. In 2008 in a leading French weekly, an INSA teacher launched a paving stone in the pond by asserting that the integrated prep course was no longer taught because otherwise after two years there were no more students.
I translate, 2008 no INSA student is able to cover the sup / spé program (INSA school with integrated prep).
Unfortunately too few of his colleagues followed and we should not count on the last teachers who came out of this false system to denounce it. The students of yesterday make the teachers of tomorrow (what a disaster).

No engineering student is therefore able today to cover the sup and special program of the 80s which is normally prior to engineering studies and has been for a long time now.
To understand the extent of the damage it is necessary to know that the mathematics of the engineer has nothing to do with that which one studies in high school. This is something else (much more difficult) and this is what is used in engineering (admittedly very much assisted today by expert software).

One example among others, the sine / cosine is studied in the first scientific today. He was in 3rd in college in my time (by everyone) and I remind you that we are very far from the level of mathematics of the engineer.

Engineers are no longer engineers, at most they have an 80s technician level and sometimes even worse they have no level.
So don't be impressed and don't trust them.

Some companies have engineering firms for the gallery. And these order their studies in China (this is a personal testimony). The others are doing IT development.

It is in this sense that Klein's speech appeals to me, it is a dangerous speech today that would have been relevant in the 70s and 80s.

Today we must especially not give the floor to these false engineers, the people are not aware of the fraud represented by this industry.

A France of lies and mediocrity is settling in and it is a shame that many teachers who witness this phenomenon do not have the courage to talk about it.
2 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 20/11/20, 17:36

nobody forces you to tell bullshit either and yet you do not deprive yourself of it.
I live in line with what I'm saying, you think what you want, I don't care.
So this confirms that you are saying bullshit, but we realized it for a long time!
Likewise, I do not deprive myself of this comfort of our societies, but as usual you have not even read it.
if I read correctly, that is what I said. On the other hand, you also spend your time vituperating against the scientific method which has brought you all this comfort, not me.
You take your fantasies, once again, for reality! I am a scientist by my training and my profession, not in your abstract dreams and I have largely contributed to this so-called industrial comfort. It didn't make me proud of that though!
Ah, the verse of the violin to make you cry in the cottages! And you?
I make no one cry, (…) even if of course I am ready to contribute to its improvement.
What is improvement for you, is it making the situation a little worse by the same means that degrade it?
A simple virus and all of society collapses at once, doesn't that make you think? even our heavenly suppositories take a blow, perhaps fatal!
obviously you don't know what a really collapsing society means. I hope for you that you will not have to know him during your lifetime.
I already experienced it during the war of 39/45: and you?
the bombs on the face, the empty plates, no shoes but galoshes, few clothes to patch up to the rope, etc ... and you?
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"