Homeopathy: Effective questioning the US

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Homeopathy: Effective questioning the US

by Janic » 21/02/17, 09:52

Janic wrote:
This emphasizes, once again that you are talking about a subject that you completely ignore because you only retain an average success rate rather than a high success rate.

It's an example. With 3 hands and 2 stones, if the success rate does not significantly exceed 66,66% it comes to the same thing: In these experiments, if the success rate does not exceed chance, the gift is not proven.

This is what happens for conventional medicine and cancer, their failure rate and their success rate is no accident!
If a dowser or a magnetizer can feel his action and / or assert that he has a gift, it is easy to set up a methodical and controlled experiment to prove it by eliminating all bias of interpretation (chance, trickery, etc. ...)

Obviously! but according to the criteria of the profession, as for H., not by handymen who know nothing about it and want to be taken for what they are not. Hence my recommendation: contact the representative organizations which will direct you towards one or more competent dowsers which you can check on parts their "claims". Unless you're scared to see your "certainties" as a conditioned skeptic questioned.
Janic wrote:
Yet it is an easily verifiable and measurable phenomenon.

Indeed, as many as possible, in real life, by competent people.

The experiments carried out in sourcery are simple to implement and to reproduce: No dowser tested until then could demonstrate any gift.

Still big nonsense, as usual! If it were so simple, anyone could do it, which is not the case in real life as there are so many variations between each dowser. In dowsing there are a large number of sectors where some succeed better than in others, even are "incompetent" in these. It's like in medicine, there is general training, then specialties where each doctor is more successful than in others as between surgeon and proctologist. (already cited)
Janic wrote:
Would the popularity of a practice be scientific proof?

It's really obsessive! You have been told over and over again that the general public disregards evidence (supposedly scientific) even though the scientists in question have failed to resolve their health problem.

It is not because science does not have an answer that everything else has it.

Exactly! A claim, not confirmed by experimentation, has no value!
If for centuries most wells have been successfully sourced, this is the expected proof by users who paid with their sweat to dig these wells.
The same goes for unconventional medicines which have proven themselves over centuries (with a few failures as with all things) and which popular wisdom was able to recognize without waiting for "scientists" (not science) to confirm it and that Science has finally done it.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Towards a defund of homeopathy in England

by pedrodelavega » 09/08/17, 17:54

Towards a defund of homeopathy in England

It is "at best a placebo "Which is" a waste of the NHS financial resources that should be allocated to effective treatments ". It is in these terms that Simon Stevens, the director general of the National health service (NHS) England, the English public health system, qualified homeopathy when announcing a plan to decay this therapeutic class, like 17 other specialties.

: Arrow: http://www.jim.fr/infirmier/e-docs/vers ... _pro.phtml

There are some who see clearly ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 11/08/17, 19:34

pedrodelavega wrote:
Janic wrote:Here are my figures for the year (from November 2009 to November 2010).
14 wells were dug following my surveys.
Unfortunately one of them was dry .... (see my article on veins that no longer flow).
The results :
Number of boreholes (or wells): 14
Number of wells with water: 13, i.e. 92%
Number of dry wells (without water): 1 or 7%
Number of wells whose water was found at the announced depth to within 2 meters: 10, i.e. 71%
Number of wells whose water was found with a depth difference of between 3 and 5 meters: 3, i.e. 23%
For information, average depth of water appearance: 12,5 meters (minimum: 5 meters; maximum 40 meters)
Why would this unsupervised experience (which is in fact only a testimony) have more credit than the experiences cited above?

not sourced for a dowser ... it makes me laugh

it reminds me of the "water" page of wikipedia which had a "lack of source" warning ... and a comment in its discussion page like: water page that lacks a source: a pearl that should not be needed remove even when all sources are indicated
0 x
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by pedrodelavega » 26/09/17, 19:18

"The facts do not penetrate the world in which our beliefs live, they did not give birth to them, they do not destroy them; they can inflict on them the most constant denials without weakening them, and an avalanche of misfortune or misfortune. illnesses succeeding one another without interruption in a family, will not make it doubt the goodness of its God or the talent of its doctor. " M PROUST
: Arrowd:

The European Academies Science Advisory Council (EASAC), which brings together the national academies of science of EU members, believes that it is necessary to stop tolerating the presence of homeopathy in health care and to treat homeopathic remedies as any drug.
http://www.levif.be/actualite/sante/un- ... 26857.html
0 x