Debt crisis: austerity, a chance for econology?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 31/05/12, 09:03

obamot hello
Proof is that no!
Executives have a much higher life expectancy than factory workers, or worse, construction workers!

Where alcohol and tobacco have done more damage than the craft itself.
If we go to emerging countries, the economic situation which has deteriorated since 2008, is wreaking havoc ... These are tribes that are already barely afloat in "normal" times ... Suffice to say that the care that is already very expensive for them, they cannot afford it, so they only have one solution left: to die.

This is the drawback of the lark's mirror where the ancestral mode is abandoned in favor of higher economic hope with the abandonment of the advantages of a situation more precarious financially, but richer humanely. It is not new! In the days of dominant Rome, this city was full of unemployed and precarious people like today, hence the games to derive stomachs and empty lives: Give them bread and games and I'll take care of the rest It is no coincidence that games have grown to such an extent today.
Just by the way: this is already the case with this type of situation .... in Switzerland! With the system of “franchises”, where the most deprived take the maximum franchise (the first € 2500 of health expenditure is for their apple), result when the crisis arrives: they no longer have the means to seek treatment! So they die for lack of care with their mouths open! Yes friends, you heard right: this is the situation that already prevails in one of the richest countries in the world! (Finally I say rich, for the 1% who have all the money, the others ....) And people of the 3rd age are not outdone.

I do not share this opinion which implies that apart from even greater poverty the other conditions will remain the same. However, it has been noted that when poor populations reach the status of modern populations, so-called civilization diseases (cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, etc.) affect the same level as populations in place for a long time. However, apart from a few risky trades such as the miners or currently nuclear or asbestos, the rest of the population is no more affected among the poor than among the rich (the boss of Apple died of the same cancer than any homeless person or not. It is therefore the lifestyle (more sedentary) and the eating mode that most influences the state of suffering and illnesses (mainly alcohol, tobacco, meats, adulterated food So these very expensive treatments are linked to the fact that they do not know (or do not want to) make the link between a certain lifestyle and the illnesses which are consecutive.
society must not only change economically but also in its way of life if we want to avoid suffering and illness.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 31/05/12, 10:30

Janic wrote:obamot hello
Obamot wrote:Proof is that no!
Senior managers have a much higher life expectancy than factory workers, or worse, construction workers!

Where alcohol and tobacco have done more damage than the craft itself.

Well if the consumers of these "stimulants" do so to overcome their existential anxieties, it must be 50% / 50% ... : Lol: Except for Dedeleco, who doesn't have one! : Mrgreen:

Janic wrote:
Obamot wrote:If we go to emerging countries, the economic situation which has deteriorated since 2008, is wreaking havoc ... These are tribes that are already barely afloat in "normal" times ... Suffice to say that the care that is already very expensive for them, they cannot afford it, so they only have one solution left: to die.

This is the drawback of the lark's mirror where the ancestral mode is abandoned in favor of higher economic hope with the abandonment of the advantages of a situation more precarious financially, but richer humanely. It is not new! In the days of dominant Rome, this city was full of unemployed and precarious people like today, hence the games to derive stomachs and empty lives: Give them bread and games and I'll take care of the rest It is no coincidence that games have grown to such an extent today.

It is not false! Also playing with death, with open-pit chases (like never before), alcoholic drinking at a very young age and more "games" headscarf ... Without forgetting the gangs (armed with live ammunition, and not only virtually in video games) in the suburbs and all kinds of use of hard drugs, very early. : Shock: So many challenging grounds, stemming from the absence of the symbolism of the father?

Janic wrote:
Obamot wrote:Just by the way: this is already the case with this type of situation .... in Switzerland! With the system of “franchises”, where the most deprived take the maximum franchise (the first € 2500 of health expenditure is for their apple), result when the crisis arrives: they no longer have the means to seek treatment! So they die for lack of care with their mouths open! Yes friends, you heard right: this is the situation that already prevails in one of the richest countries in the world! (Finally I say rich, for the 1% who have all the money, the others ....) And people of the 3rd age are not outdone.

I do not share this opinion which implies that apart from even greater poverty the other conditions will remain the same. However, it has been noted that when poor populations reach the status of modern populations, so-called civilization diseases (cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, etc.) affect the same level as populations in place for a long time.

I do not know where you are coming from, but it takes a few generations for the "lines" to die out ... Observed, explained and proven, in particular by Dr Kousmine.
Thus there is effectively a "leveling down", simultaneous or not with a "leveling up".

There the Amha causal relationship ends. Besides the upper classes. are more aware of the dangers of junk food and also have more resources to eat better - in principle, because in fact, as they no longer know how to set the right priorities in the hubbub of divergent opinions, their "advantage" is reduced, especially since they are crazy about refined foods (and therefore denatured) in the image of their "success" - it is the "leveling up".

Because the fact that the upper classes have a longer life expectancy is only temporary indeed, since their lineage disappears as much as those of the more modest classes, because they are supplied in the same distribution chains: it is this. that I would call the "simultaneous leveling"(this is perhaps where our opinions meet, but that does not change the validity of Ahmed's humanist reflection).

And your words are a little mine, since I am talking about the precariousness in a country deemed "rich"! So our opinions converge it seems to me, except that I see it in the form of "leveling" (maybe you did not understand it like that?). Ahmed sometimes uses the word "crumbling", Which proceeds from a protocol having some similarities, if not the same ...

Then, if they take the maximum deductible: it is because they cannot afford to pay more! They are therefore forced into it! It is the "race to the bottom", associated with the risks of their professional function!

Janic wrote:apart from a few high-risk professions such as miners or nuclear power or asbestos at present, the rest of the population is no more affected among the poor than among the rich (the Apple boss died of the same cancer than any homeless person or not. It is therefore the lifestyle (more sedentary) and the eating mode that most influences the state of suffering and illnesses (mainly alcohol, tobacco, meats, adulterated food) .

This is indeed a question of ill-defined "priorities" (see above). But also a great defect of the health authorities, irresponsible and criminal.

Janic wrote:So these very expensive treatments

In the case I am quoting, basic care is not covered in such a system - since patients are pushed to "save" it - that is the problem! And the patients then wait until they are very badly affected to finally cure, but it is already very late and the costs explode then! This is what is expensive! I say that without denying that the main point is the little effect of prevention since it is almost absent ...!

Janic wrote:These very expensive treatments are linked to the fact that they do not know (or do not want to) make the link between a certain lifestyle and the illnesses which are consecutive.
society must not only change economically but also in its way of life if we want to avoid suffering and illness.

We do not know how voluntary this situation is. If there was indeed - it is an assumption - a will to harm, then that would fall under criminal law ...
For the rest, I agree that if care is expensive, it is because the said health authorities do not promote prevention, nor early prevention (or so little). But here too, I do not see much adequacy between popular class VS upper classes, since the middle class to the upper class is gradually reduced to losing all its privileges? And since the absence of adequate sanitary measures, all customers of the stores are exposed to the same risk. So yes, I agree with the fact that there again, it would be necessary: ​​to change the current theoretical model.

Where I am amazed is to see how well people are "trained", and how they let themselves go and drive!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 31/05/12, 17:11

Obamot wrote:
Because the fact that the upper classes have a longer life expectancy is only temporary indeed, since their lineage disappears as much as those of the more modest classes, because they are supplied in the same distribution chains: it is this. that I would call the "simultaneous leveling"(this is perhaps where our opinions meet, but that does not change the validity of Ahmed's humanist reflection).

Ahmed, Obamot, Janic, you have all three reasons ...
After that, it all depends on certain factors and the "level" of the crisis.
Overall the rich are better protected than the poor, by rich I think especially of "the globalized hyper-class" as saying J. Attali.
Besides, it is very fashionable to have an atomic shelter built at the moment, what was it preparing for?

In 10 years, Abri-Atomique.com has already carried out dozens of projects for political figures, film stars, song stars, major industrialists, crowned heads.

http://www.abri-atomique.com/p/realisations.html

http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/1505/Monde/article/detail/1421593/2012/04/11/Habiter-un-silo-a-missiles-pour-survivre-a-l-Apocalypse.dhtml
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 31/05/12, 17:35

Then, if they take the maximum deductible: it is because they cannot afford to pay more! They are therefore forced into it! It is the "race to the bottom", associated with the risks of their professional function!

Precisely these assurances are misleading because they suggest that as soon as you pay for a service it must be necessarily accompanied by a result. However, the rich do not need social security coverage, but the poor believe (we have conditioned them to believe) that contributing to a social system was a shield against the illness and suffering that our society has engendered.
Unfortunately it took three to four generations to create this illusion and it will take as much for the revival to take place. In the meantime, as there is no omelet without breaking the eggs, that makes a considerable number of broken and non-re-stickable eggs and which corresponds to what you wrote:
In the case I am quoting, basic care is not covered in such a system - since patients are pushed to "save" it - that is the problem! And the patients then wait until they are very badly affected to finally cure, but it is already very late and the costs explode then! This is what is expensive! I say that without denying that the main point is the little effect of prevention since it is almost absent ...!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 31/05/12, 18:07

... the crime is perfect, since there is an obligation to contribute! : Evil:

And to say that I did it to help my sweet ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 31/05/12, 21:05

Besides, it is very fashionable to have an atomic shelter built right now, what would it prepare something?

(Relatively) new rules of the game concentrate overall smaller gains on a minority who reassures themselves through this accumulation.
Probably, the acquisition of these shelters contributes to this anxiety, at the same time as it is allowed by these expanding incomes ...

We can also analyze this as a refocusing of the merchandise on a clientele type "nomenklatura", like high-end fashion; A "plus" inside a secure residence against the losers of globalization.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 01/06/12, 11:28

Ahmed wrote:
We can also analyze this as a refocusing of the merchandise on a clientele type "nomenklatura", like high-end fashion; A "plus" inside a secure residence against the losers of globalization.

Absolutely, nevertheless after some research it appears that many governments invest considerable sums in the construction of shelter for (a reduced number of their) population:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfpfr2_la-russie-se-prepare-t-elle-au-pire_news

This is also the case in China.
Regarding the USA, a large budget has also been released for the renovation of the country's nuclear shelter "park" ...
The capitol basements now have a large fallout bunker (seen on nat-géo) etc ... there is rarely smoke without fire! :|

So what about an economic bunker?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 01/06/12, 22:19

Considering time "T" of the current period, the large number of poor is far greater than the amount required to ensure the welfare of the dominant, so it is not really surprising that in the optics utilitarian and cynical reigning, a drastic reduction in the workforce of "surplus" can be considered without qualms ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 02/06/12, 11:58

Ahmed wrote:Considering time "T" of the current period, the large number of poor is far greater than the amount required to ensure the welfare of the dominant, so it is not really surprising that in the optics utilitarian and cynical reigning, a drastic reduction in the workforce of "surplus" can be considered without qualms ...

It's cold in the back ... unfortunately many indicators (among others: nuclear weapons of generation 4) do not invite optimism ...

Let's hope that a "voluntary simplicity" will get us out of its morbid plans!

Otherwise, I have a beautiful vaulted cellar under my garden, it is 15c ° all year round, so just in case ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 03/06/12, 19:10

About the slogan "voluntary simplicity", P.Rabhi talks about happy sobriety, another author Marshall sahelins (it seems to me), uses a particularly interesting expression:frugal abundance.
Instead of tackling growth head-on in the name of a process which may appear to be symmetrically opposite (even if this is not the case), this formulation of thefrugal abundance raises questions by the opposition of the terms (oxymoron) and denounces the false abundance of the goods which hide behind its fantastic accumulation the proportional dissatisfaction which it generates.

For the cellar, it's nice to make the information public! : Cheesy:
However, it is not certain that its level of protection is sufficient; have you thought about a freeze-dried food stock?
Still, living in a cellar (except for certain individuals, "practicing alcoholics") is not a really exciting prospect ...
0 x