Against burns: the egg white

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Did67

by Did67 » 28/07/15, 19:12

I confirm for the effect of Aloe vera: to apply immediately. My wife burned herself well with a frying pan. I immediately cut an Aloe leaf and she applied the pure gel. There was not even a blister!

Otherwise, it is indeed a good healing.

I always have a few feet on the entrance staircase (in summer; the plant is very frosty!), Like that they are not far ...

And it's decorative.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/07/15, 10:32

under water or sprayed with water we do what we can according to the means available: the faster we cool the more we reduce the number of dead cells, and the less severe the burn

of course if the burn is serious no violent jet of water can tear from the skin ... but even if it is serious the cooling will be better than letting it continue to cook

I had a big burn in my hand, and after having soaked in the water for a long time the pain returned as soon as I got out of the water ... I had long known picric acid known to cure burns but that I had not had the opportunity to try: I dipped my hand in a picric acid solution: immediate disappearance of the pain, and I appreciated the effect the following days: picric acid makes the blister skin more solid, very flexible: it does not crack and protects well until it heals below: no need for bandage

picric acid is a powder slightly soluble in water: just add as much as water can dissolve

it is also a disinfectant ... the problem with most disinfectants is that it also destroys cells, thus delaying healing: I have the impression that picric acid strengthens dead skin and makes it serve of thinking

when a blister cracks a little the liquid that comes out is colored in yellow and coagulates very quickly and the blister remains in place and continues to protect the burn
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/07/15, 13:53

Thank you Chatelot for this info of the highest interest.

Solution sold ready-made? If not, what concentration?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 29/07/15, 14:08

elephant wrote:Solution sold ready-made? If not, what concentration?
To my knowledge picric acid is no longer sold in pharmacies.

In addition to the product's high toxicity, the solid form (which may appear if the solution is unfortunately allowed to evaporate) is an explosive with a power comparable to TNT.
It also forms very unstable explosive salts with many metals.

All this probably explains its withdrawal from the market ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/07/15, 14:33

Wow cow, in fact, you recommend some of these products:

Picric acid is the common expression for the chemical compound 2,4,6-trinitrophenol, also called carbo-nitrogen acid or melinite, with the formula (NO2) 3C6H2 – OH.

It was discovered by Peter Woulfe in 1771 following the action of nitric acid on indigo. In 1885, the chemist Eugène Turpin rediscovered it and stabilized it in pressed cotton, to make it usable as an explosive under the name of melinite.

Welter, another chemist, obtained it by the action of nitric acid on silk. The product collected, yellow and bitter, was long referred to as "Bitter Welter Yellow" 9. It is a yellow crystalline solid made from chlorobenzene. It is a very reactive compound (explosive, like all highly nitrated compounds, for example trinitrotoluene or nitroglycerin), with a power slightly exceeding that of TNT. It attacks most metals, producing very unstable and also explosive picrates (shock, friction, fire or other sources of ignition).

It is irritating to the skin, eyes and respiratory tract and toxic by inhalation, in contact with the skin and / or by ingestion.

What is the relationship between picrate, salt of picric acid, and a bad wine ???

For burns, in any case, I recommend Aloe! Much less explosive and much more natural!
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 29/07/15, 15:17

Did67 wrote:What is the relationship between picrate, salt of picric acid, and a bad wine ???
Maybe the Greek root πικρός, (pikrós) which meant "spicy, bitter"?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/07/15, 16:12

Ah yes. It seems likely ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 29/07/15, 17:25

Many drugs are toxic: a question of concentration.

And for angina, we used (and maybe we still use) trinitrine, in other words, nitroglycerin ....
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 29/07/15, 20:36

trinitrine is still used as a medicine, but diluted to the right dose! impossible to make explosive nitro glycerine

picric acid is the same thing, dissolved in water, at low concentration there is no risk of making an explosive (melinite)

picric acid is frowned upon, it is said to be toxic or carcinogenic, but it is not burned every day, and I find it so effective that I will not deprive myself of it if I burn myself another day ... but I also prefer not to burn myself at all

where did i learn this picric acid story? it seems to me in a book on a doctor of the previous century ... the citadel ... an english doctor ... there was a history of treating burns, of avoiding bad remedies with any fatty substance which causes infection, and the right solution is picric acid which disinfects and promotes healing

so I went to look for it at the pharmacy a long time ago when the sale of chemical products was easier than today, and I asked the pharmacist the question about its use: he only knew 'only one use: the hunters buy some to soak the legs of the dogs there to reinforce them at the beginning of the season of hunting: that avoids them the wounds ... same principle as for the burns, that strengthens the skin! the pharmacist could not tell me at what concentration it should be used ... it was when I burned myself that I looked on the net for more information and that I learned that it was weakly soluble in water, therefore the maximum dissolution at saturation is good for burns: there is nothing to calculate

the solution keeps very well, the jar that I used the first time served a second time a decade later with the same efficiency ... no expiration date ... no obsolescence programmed!

another story about the usefulness of acid for the skin: against chapping when you have to work outside in winters: lemon vinegar! it strengthens the skin of the hands ... for example, I worked in a traditional walnut oil mill, so in winters and not heated: the walnut oil is bad for the hands and causes chapping, except vinegar more lemon to compensate
Last edited by chatelot16 the 29 / 07 / 15, 21: 17, 1 edited once.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/07/15, 21:07

Yes, trinitrine is a very effective and fast-acting vasodilator (explosive? :P ) when administered as a spray, sublingually; its side effects are a drop in blood pressure (logical, since the volume of the vessels increases) and a good headache (due to the drop in pressure of the local artery).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."