Main facts mentioned in the documentary, in bulk:
- GM EV1 project begins after GM's victory in the Australian Solar Race
- In the mid-90s, the CARB (Californian Air Resources Board) imposed a law of 3%, 5% then 10% of electric cars in the sales (this will never exceed 3%) of the manufacturers otherwise they will no longer be able to sell in California: Toyota (RAV4 EV), Ford (think group) are developing, “by miracle”, and very quickly an efficient and viable EV (but all offered for leasing)
- Takeover of the company that produces the batteries by GM then by Texaco
- Strong lobbying against CARB law, especially so that it does not inspire other states
- Blatant lies on the part of the manufacturer on the so-called weak demand: many people do not even know the EV1, there is a real desire for non communication about the EV1
- Little or no maintenance market on an electric car
- Manufacturers earn more (directly and indirectly) with a thermal car than electric, so they prefer to sell thermal ...
- See the GM EV1 “compacted” in breakage, frankly it's moving…
- Strong desire from all manufacturers to withdraw all leased EVs from the market (GM even refuses a firm offer to buy back $ 25 / second-hand EV000). The one that is not destroyed is neutralized. This happened during the Bush administration.
- Tax deduction of $ 100 for SUVs (hummer) implemented by the Bush administration (at the same time it is limited to $ 000 for an EV) !!!
- Carter was an almost econologist, Reagan fired the solar panels he had put on the white house (vice president: bush pere…), it was Carter who also implemented the laws on water protection , To see the Gasland documentary.
- Bush "re" launches the Combustible Battery ... to make diversion from more efficient EV ...
- The fuel cell is compared to the hare of a greyhound race, the greyhounds are us: it must always go out soon but never goes out…
Conclusion: who is guilty or not of the failure of EVs of the 90s?
Oil tankers: yes
Batteries / technology: no
Consumer: yes (too demanding, poorly informed, no concessions, etc.)
We end up on an optimistic opening
Raging all the same…
Learn more, scientific facts and full debates about the electric car:
– Watch the documentary Who Killed The Electric Car
– Documentary Debate Who Killed The Electric Car
– The pros and cons of the electric car (pros and cons)
– Physical limits and eco overall balance of the electric car
– Forum on cars and electric transport
– List of electric cars available in 2011 (price, technology, videos, etc.)
- Video: the electric car has a future (documentary INA of the years 70)
- Another documentary: The Revenge of the Electric Car (2011)