What are the different types of firewood and what are their approximate prices in relation to the energy they can provide?
In this section:
Currently there are 4 types of firewood:
- The wood chips to wood heating = more or less large wood chips. Their name comes from the fact that they are generally carried out directly in the forest during the cutting thanks to chippers on site.
- The pellets or wood pellets made from sawdust (sawmill waste). Their size is 6 or 8 mm in diameter and their length is a few cm maximum (see standards). Contrary to what one might think their cohesion is achieved only by sintering (compression) there is no glue-type binder. Learn more about the properties and standards for wood pellets.
- The sticks or wood briquettes: the technique is the same as for pellets except that their size is much larger and each briquette can contain the energy equivalent of a log.
Bigbag of compressed wood briquettes
Links and references to learn more
- Why choose wood heating?
- A few calorific energy and powers of different woods.
- Download documents on firewood and wood heating
- The chemical properties of firewood
- Comparison of energy prices
- Read a complete file on the Heating with pellets by realization and presentation of the pellet boiler
- The properties and standards for wood pellets.
- Evolution of the price of pellets and comparison relative to oil, gas and electricity
- Forum on wood heating
- wood heating pollution
Other links for more information on wood heating
1) The choice of material:
- How to correctly choose a heater with wood? (Stove, boiler or boiler)
- List of stoves and boilers labeled "Green Flame"
- Help and advice for choosing a wood stove
- Choose the power of his wood stove
- The normalized power heaters Wood
- Choosing a wood boiler
2 Heating with wood every day: maintenance and improvements:
- The different types and prices of firewood fuel
- Heating and wood fireplace: How to avoid chimney fires. Maintenance and dimensions
- Regulation about the chimneys, the standards and the law
- Make a hot water collector on a wood stove
- The manufacture of pellets: diagram of a factory
3) The pollution of wood heating:
4) Feedback from wood heating experiences:
- Complete file on the presentation of a pellet boiler installation at a private home
- Presentation and photos of another pellet boiler installation in Alsace at a private home
- Presentation of a wooden and solar house
- Auto installation of our wood boiler Deom Turbo explanations and mounting scheme
- effective yield estimate of our stove Boiler Turbo Deom
- Forum wood heating and insulation