Breathe your home with ventilation. ADEME Guide
Renewing the air in the house is a vital necessity:
- to bring in fresh air and meet our oxygen needs,
- to remove odors and pollutants that accumulate there,
- to remove excess moisture,
- to provide combustion devices with the oxygen they need to operate without endangering our health.
In the past, this ventilation was done naturally in dwellings, which were not tight against drafts. Now, home insulation has made a lot of progress. But to ensure our safety, avoid confinement, preserve air quality and eliminate
humidity and pollutants, we need ventilation systems:
- efficient, to fulfill their role and provide us with quality air at all times,
- well designed, well installed and well maintained to reconcile our health, that of our homes and control of our energy costs.