Tests and developments of biodegradable oils for chainsaws in collaboration with BURGO ARDENNES by Vincent Blackman.
Examples of tests conducted on biodegradable oils compared to mineral oils from the petrochemical industry.
Evaluation criteria :
1 °) Test conditions:
- Ambient temperature
- Type of work: felling, cutting, limbing ...
- Wood quality: soft, hard, mixed. coniferous, broad-leaved, mixed
- Machine type and brand, guide length
- Make and type and oil
NB: stay with the usual settings
2 °) Printing on the oil from the point of view:
- Projections and splashes
- Chain and guide wear
- Weathering of paint, rubbers and plastics
- Corrosion of metallic parts
- Difficulty cleaning the machine and clothes
- Odor and allergy of the skin
Conference support in the card of the 5ieme Biomass Meetings on Biolubrifiants organized by Valbiom