Manual construction of a reflector solar cooker Scheffler 2m2. Cook with the sun will give you pleasure!
Daniel Philippen Adrian Konrad, Benjamin Leimgruber. With the help of Wolfgang Scheffler, Heike Hoedt (Solare Brücke)
Translation: William Renault
This document 56 pages explains step by step how to build a solar cooker with parabolic concentration of high quality.
Recommendations for use of a Scheffler reflector cooker 2m2
- In an area of about 1m around the subwoofer instead of the input (focal ring)
flammable material must be present.
- Do not look where concentrated light, eg on steel damper. Use sunglasses!
- Close the valve before removing the pan from the venue box to protect your eyes.
- Install the cooker in the north-south direction with the help of a compass. The cooking area should be north and south reflector.
- Put the solar cooker flat, which means that the cooking place is upgraded by adjusting the telescopic leg and the second leg.
- It is advisable to fix the solar cooker to the ground, so that it is not overturned by the wind.
- To move the reflector around its rotation axis towards the sun, the tracking system will align exactly.
- Seasonal adjustment: Loosen the two telescopic tubes of adjustment and change
the inclination of the reflector around the lateral axis until the light rays
reach the closed control valve. Now tighten a telescopic tube for fixing one end of the reflector.
1) Make move up reflector down through the second telescopic tube.
Get the focal point as small as possible, then tighten the screw, thereby blocking the second telescopic tube.
2) Then loosen the first blocked tube, and made the move up reflector
low to obtain the focal point as specific as possible. then tighten the second screw.
Repeat these steps as many times as necessary until no longer obtain
- Set the pan on the cooking place and open the valve.
- The use of pot in highly conductive material (eg aluminum) and with a thick base avoids burning the food in the center, where the heat is greatest.
- The outer base of the pan should be black to absorb sunlight.
- Friction coupler on the gear can change its ability to resist. The
the spring contact pressure on the pinion can be adjusted with the nut and the M12
M12 against nut (use two keys 19mm).
Caution: Do not apply force to the axis of the gearbox by tightening or loosening the
- The spring on the shutter can be adjusted in the same way.
- To clean the reflective surface, dishwashing liquid and a sponge or cloth can be used. Rinse the surface with a drop of dishwashing liquid (so no drop of water remains on the reflective surface).