Surface calculation and length required for a copper tube heat exchanger immersed in buffer
This spreadsheet is suitable for calculating the dimensioning of a water-water heat recovery exchanger in a storage volume (thermal buffer or solar tank).
This storage volume can be heated by both solar and wood (logs, pellets ...): whatever the source ...
It can also be used to calculate the exchanger of a low temperature floor by entering the correct values.
- Cold water temperature (inlet) or outlet Pcs
- Hot water temperature (desired) or Pcs inlet
- Buffer water temperature (thermal storage)
- Desired water flow (20 to 25L / min is sufficient)
- Exchanger pipe diameter in mm
- Power to be supplied
- Coil length required
- Exchanger surface
Other related file: calculation of a solar exchanger
Learn more and ask your question: construct a heat exchanger made of copper et example of a wooden solar house using such an exchanger