Surface calculation and length required for a copper tube heat exchanger immersed in buffer
This spreadsheet is suitable for calculating the sizing of a water-water heat exchanger for recovery of calories in a storage volume (thermal buffer or solar tank).
This storage volume can be heated by solar as well as by wood (logs, pellets, etc.): regardless of the source ...
It can also be used to calculate the heat exchanger for a low temperature floor by entering the correct values.
- Cold water temperature (inlet) or outlet Pcs
- Hot water temperature (desired) or Pcs input
- Buffer water temperature (thermal storage)
- Desired water flow (20 to 25L / min is sufficient)
- Exchanger pipe diameter in mm
- Power to be supplied
- Coil length required
- Heat exchanger surface
Other related file: calculation of a solar exchanger
Learn more and ask your question: construct a heat exchanger made of copper et example of a wooden solar house using such an exchanger