Launch of the "Laigret Project": trying to make, together, inexhaustible and green oil obtained by micro-biological fermentation of biomass.
We have just launched the "Laigret Project": trying to take up, reproduce (and if possible go beyond) the work of Doctor Laigret who had succeeded, thanks to the Bacillus Perfringens in obtaining synthetic oil from different green waste or animals (read the previous news: Green oil synthesis).
During these same works, he also obtained a very pure "biogas" which could reach 80% hydrogen or 80% methane! A more pure gas and therefore easily usable in combustion than conventional biogas (yet widely known more)!
This work is also at the origin of a discovery of interest to the oil industry: the origin of natural oil! Indeed, the presence of the Perfringens bacillus would explain (only partially because there are oils of mineral origin) the natural synthesis of petroleum in nature.
To carry out this project, all people of goodwill are welcome! We are mainly looking profiles:
- biologist to help us with the very heart of the project,
- biochemist for the same reasons (catalyst),
- petroleum engineer and technician for the analysis of the ferment,
- journalist, blogger or webmaster to disseminate information,
- researcher or student interested in the project who can carry out bibliographic research,
- ideally an employee of the Institut Pasteur or a researcher in order to easily retrieve the writings of Doctor Laigret (which are archived there),
- all the goodwill possible because it is by sharing our ideas and our experiences that this project will move forward.
There is nothing elitist about this project, we repeat: all goodwill is welcome! Are you a blogger? Making a post on your blog is enough to put your stone in the edifice of this, let's face it, rather ambitious project!
Finally, know that this project is done in an Open Sourcing spirit like the software Open Source: all results will be available free to all!
Learn more: read the mailing, Laigret launch of the project, learn more about the process, read the previous news Green oil synthesis or finally: participate in the project Laigret.