climatic upheavals and consequences of the greenhouse effect: disturbing coincidences.
In rejecting the atmosphere the pollutants given above, the man does not just destroy himself, it would upset the natural balance of regions, then even larger scale, of the whole Earth. The main consequence is the greenhouse effect that results in a very sharp increase, on a geological scale, temperatures. But given the novelty of the phenomenon of greenhouse gases, scientists and meteorologist can only make more or less plausible assumptions about the consequences of the greenhouse effect.
Floods in the sum (Spring 2001)
The main consequences (disasters) climate of rising average temperatures (greenhouse gases and human activities) on the planet would be:
- many storms, exceptional in their intensity or frequency (phenomena known as "el niño" and "la niña")
- The floods (and droughts): frequent in France. More 600 deaths in Algeria in November 2001.
-fontes ice: at the current rate of rising temperatures, 95% of the mass of the Alpine glaciers will have melted by 2100 (92% of the mass of Mount Kenya glacier has disappeared). For the first time (Summer 2000) there was liquid water at the North Pole.
- Weather aberrations: rainy periods in summer and heat waves in the spring, temperatures playing yoyo ...
- Falling snow times ... (with tourist consequences it causes, in the Vosges for example, snow is absent from 10 years)
- ... Or rather duration eneigemment greatly enhanced by the disruption of ocean currents, particularly the Gulf Stream. If it did not exist there would be a period of 4 6 months to a year eneigement on Europe to Greece. And on the contrary, an elevated temperature grve in America (New York which is nevertheless the attitude of Spain always knows from long periods of eneigemment)
- Spread of tropical diseases in temperate countries
- Extinction of many species, temperature sensitive (insects) but above which the ecosystem or food chain is threatened by climate change
- Rising sea levels, more by the expansion of ocean water as the melting of terrestrial or polar ice
- Forward 92 Millions of human potential victims of a rise 50 cm sea level. (Broken food chain, flooded delta ..); imagine that number to 2 or 3 meters elevation
This list is not exhaustive and certainnes consequences of the greenhouse effect are still unknown. Nevertheless the human and financial costs are enormous.
Torrential rains in Marseille (Winter 2000)
Estimated cost of pollution in CO2.
The Kyoto conference considered the preventive cost of a tonne of CO2 between $ 20 and 40 $. This cost was estimated in anticipation of potential damage occasioned by the CO2. In France, preventive and cost virtual rises, nothing about transport, 1.7 Billion francs / year.
As an example, the December storm 1999 "cost" in France: 88 dead and 150 billion frs.
Forest devastated by the storm of 1999 (Petite Pierre, Alsace)
How to counter this ecological suicide?
Solutions quickly set up, inexpensive and do not boulversant current financial issues absolutely must be developed to limit the hope almost irreversible damage (human scale) that we are currently talking. These solutions are all behavioral and technological ...
Because pollution will not touch, as some very mediated diseases, a part of the population, but all mankind, no one will be spared even if the poorest populations will be most affected (as we have seen with murderous flooding in Honduras and Algeria).
Obviously, nothing is yet proven scientifically but common sense makes it easy to feel the major risk to which we are going ... and it might be time to develop and implement solutions instead of continuing to defend certain corporatism ...