Photos, plans, diagrams and history of a wooden solar house in Lorraine by Jean Gireaudot.
This page is part of the record Solar energy, renovation of a solar house
It is a 3-energy assembly: solar, wood and additional electricity.
The solar-wood solution is, in our opinion, the best econo- mological compromise: proximity fuel (wood), long service life (inexpensive maintenance) and low power consumption.
These criteria are the weak points of geothermal energy and other air-to-water or air-to-air heat pumps, which are nevertheless very fashionable, commercially speaking ...
- There are 2 solar circuits completely independent from each other: one for DHW and one for heating.
- The 8 solar panels are distributed in this way: 2 for DHW and 6 for heating.
- The ECS circuit has an electric supplement in case of lack of sun, it consists of 2 balloons mounted in series as shown in this picture:
- The heating floors are supplied with dual energy: solar and / or wood.
- The wood circuit is mounted in parallel with the solar circuit: we can therefore use either one or the other, or both simultaneously, since each circuit has its own circulator.
- The buffering of solar energy or wood calories is done in a 1000L buffer tank studied "homemade". This is an insulated “cubi” in which I put a homemade copper exchanger in 22mm hardened copper tube, here is a photo:
It is a photograph of the installation in the current state, soon I will optimize all this a little to make it more presentable. This is what the tank solar.
- The arrival temperature of the heated floors is controlled by a simple thermostatic valve (set to 24 ° C)
- The underfloor heating circulator is controlled by a room thermostat in the living room.
- The 2 check valves make it possible not to heat the solar collectors with the wood stove and vice versa.
- We have one last electric supplement: a dry electric towel in the bathroom.
Discuss with Jean about forums in the subject solar plant in Lorraine with thermal buffer homemade