Update on LED lighting and LED bulbs (end of 2014)
Choose quality LED bulbs!
LED bulbs are an attractive alternative to compact fluorescent bulbs, provided that LED bulbs are quality bulbs. So be careful with "generic" LED bulbs (= without brand or white label from the importer) and multileds because they are generally catastrophic in terms of performance.
Some quality LED lighting models that won't let you down
Quality LED bulbs SMD, CREE or Luxeon) have, in addition to their low power consumption, the following characteristics:
- very long lifespan: 10 to 15 years in current use,
- insensitive to "small" mechanical and electrical shocks,
- insensitive to successive ignitions and extinctions.
- do not have a "heating" period: immediate maximum brightness.
- electrical consumption divided by 7 to 10 (5 for the compact fluorescent).
Here are some tests that we realized: comparative comparison compact fluorescent bulbs and Luxeon power LEDs
Here are some quality LED bulb models from the eco-friendly shop
- See our entire range of luxeon led bulb lighting
- Comparative Luxeon and compact fluorescent light bulbs
- Forum lighting and electricity