During the traditional presentation of his wishes to the press, the Minister of Ecology has recalled his priorities for the year that begins:
- Fight against climate change: implementation of the climate plan, preparation of "a new protocol more ambitious than the Kyoto protocol".
- Preserving biodiversity: completion of the Natura 2000 network, decision concerning the reintroduction of bears in the Pyrenees.
- Renewing the water policy: adoption of the water bill, and adoption of action plans for each river.
- Prevent technological and natural risks, and fight against pollution: reduction at source of waste, implementing texts for the 2003 risk law, implementation of the health-environment plan, parliamentary debates on nuclear safety and waste radioactive.
- Promote sustainable development, in particular through a policy of promotion and management of research.
To read the speech of Serge Lepeltier, click here.
Econology note: "we" will talk about it again in 365 days! I don't know but I find it hard to believe in his good faith