Some key points to know about liquid water injection and alcohol in engines
These remarks relate to petrol engines only.
- The maximum torque of an engine is obtained with an Air-Fuel ratio of 13.2.
- Injecting more efficient water is with a report 50 / 50 alcohol.
- Methanol as an additive is not a wise choice because: it helps pre-ignition (although its octane rating is higher than 120) and is delicate to handle.
- Denatured alcohol, sold 95%, is inexpensive and can be found quite easily. (Alcohol to burn). Isopropyl alcohol may be used but it already contains 30% more water.
- The injection of water allows more efficient lighting, closer to the top dead center and gives a better couple.
- The water / fuel ratios should be based on weight, not volume.
- "Wealth" in "water" or "water / alcohol" must be between 12,5 and 25%. This means that the air ratio falls to 11.1: 1 or 10.0: 1 with water injection.
- The atomization of the water is directly related to its efficacy in the engine. Over the droplets, the better it cool admission.
- Do not inject water through an intercooler.
- The injection of water allows for better power and power pressures while avoiding the best supplies pressure détonnations.Les increase torque.
- the fuel pumps can not be used to inject water. The water is conductive and corrosive unlike fuels.
- The injection of water cools the engine parts of the following: cylinder head, pistons and valves. The exhaust temperature is not affected by the injection of water if it is in good proportions.
- This cooling greatly reduces rattling and uncontrolled precombustion.
- The most important compression rates can induce a% water or greater water-alcohol.
- The most important exhaust temperature is reached to a wealth of 0.75 or 13.2 ratio to 1.
- Ferrari used a fuel / water emulsion in 80 years. It is a very complicated method that acetone and water are miscible ...