Unwanted drilling pump trips

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
prosper1963
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Unwanted drilling pump trips

by prosper1963 » 16/10/13, 20:25

Hello, could someone refer me to this breakdown. I have a borehole with grundfos sp3A18 pump. It started unexpectedly. Apparently I changed the capacitor of the starter box which was tired, it triggered the thermal protection included in the starter box. The pump trips without a single drop of water being drawn. I checked installation: no leaks. Towards what to direct my troubleshooting, knowing that my pressure switch trips normally but that there is still a small pressure drop. Thank you in advance
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 16/10/13, 21:37

probably more air in the balloon bladder.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 17/10/13, 10:21

The lack of air produces closer triggers when drawing water, but not triggers in the absence of consumption.

If the pressure drops, there is a leak.

The most likely would be that the non-return valves are no longer completely sealed and that water returns to the borehole (which explains why we do not see the leak).
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 17/10/13, 13:13

Hello Prosper!

It can be sand in the non-return valve, it is necessary to empty the well completely by lasser running the water to extract a possible landslide from the walls of the well in order to clean the bottom, usually the pump should not be too close to the bottom to avoid this kind of problem.

Is it a recent well?

See you!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 17/10/13, 14:52

put an anti-sediment filter just before, it costs nothing.
0 x

Go back to “Water management, plumbing and sanitation. Pumping, drilling, filtration, wells, recovery ... "