Convert a solar DHW tank (or fuel oil) into a thermodynamic water heater with a small swimming pool heat pump

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Re: Transform a solar DHW tank (or fuel oil) into a thermodynamic water heater with a small swimming pool heat pump

by Christophe » 16/03/23, 19:37

We understood that you didn't understand!! : Mrgreen:

That's why I put "" as "immersed" in a thimble in the upper part of the ball! I never said it was in the bottom volume of the balloon...

We see it on the first photo of this subject (before transformation), it is the light gray block on the left:

Rollalala!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Transform a solar DHW tank (or fuel oil) into a thermodynamic water heater with a small swimming pool heat pump

by izentrop » 17/03/23, 03:12

Ok, I went back to the messages from last year... Indeed I forgot a lot of things, like the thermostat which controls the circulator.

Congratulations, it's optimized, you've won your bet.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/03/23, 09:01

With you it's all or nothing! : Shock: : Lol:

Well, I understand your clumsy questions better if you were missing any information...of course you need (at least) a thermostat to trigger the cycle.

Optimized, I don't know, but it works... and the consumption of the heat pump roughly corresponds to the losses of an equivalent balloon so yes it's interesting even if the thermodynamic balloons in the shops are certainly more optimized!

I have a friend who just installed a brand new 300L one too, I'll try to see if he can give me some running data. So we can compare...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 17/03/23, 09:53

Christophe wrote:I have a friend who just installed a brand new 300L one too, I'll try to see if he can give me some running data. So we can compare...
Where in the house, because if it's indoors, it's counterproductive since it sends out more cold air than converted heat and in a garage, risk of freezing.
I also ask myself the question of what remains as the temperature of water heated to 40° in the evening when it has been heated at the night rate?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/03/23, 10:00

Uh in his garage… I don't think there is a thermodynamic split water heater outside… at least not in private homes!

I don't have the nightly rate...

When I said datas it was for the ball only! Pfff you're never happy...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 17/03/23, 10:17

Christophe wrote:I don't believe that there is a thermodynamic water heater with a remote split outside…at least not in private homes!
Unless, like me, you installed a heat pump. Personally, I didn't want it, nor the reversible one, so that it lasts me longer by only working in winter.
With an auxiliary heater, the really interesting tempo option.

Interesting off-cycle review here https://conseils-thermiques.org/contenu ... amique.php
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/03/23, 14:23

Ah well, there are the ECS thermo with separate split:

Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 14-22-10 Thermodynamic water heaters - Thermal Advice.png
Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 14-22-10 Thermodynamic water heaters - Thermal Advice.png (79.2 KiB) Viewed 1405 times

But it must cost an extra arm!

In this case, you might as well install a real heat pump which also does something else (like air-air + DHW)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/23, 12:49

Start of the 3rd season on November 5.

This year, since yesterday, I have been trying another mode of triggering the heat pump which allows the temperature to rise a little further, which was capping at 40°C.

Operation season 1 and 2 : the DHW thermostat triggered the circulator of the PAC-DHW exchanger loop, which triggered the start-up of the PAC by detection of the flow rate in this loop.

After a few medium-term tests, we found (see above) that it was necessary to set this circulator to high speed to optimize operation.

Current operation : the circulator runs 24 hours a day (at low speed, we no longer use the DHW thermostat) and the heat pump starts and stops only on its temperature regulation (between 40 to 36)

This allows me to have water that exceeds (a little) 40°C (I don't really know why because the regulation of the heat pump cannot exceed 40°C but it works :?: ) and therefore draw less on the ECS volume.

In terms of consumption, it is less favorable, to be confirmed in the longer term but I think I have at least 20% more consumption...(circulator included)...

To be continued in a few days or weeks...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/23, 13:33

The disadvantage in this mode of operation is that the heat pump does many more short cycles whereas before I had 3 to 4 cycles of around 30 minutes per day...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 15/11/23, 13:34

An independent thermostat placed as close as possible to the coil used by the heat pump, if not at the top of the tank?
0 x