Convert a solar DHW tank (or fuel oil) into a thermodynamic water heater with a small swimming pool heat pump

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Re: Transform a solar DHW tank into a thermodynamic water heater with a small pool heat pump?

by Christophe » 11/11/21, 18:15

FabricePaille wrote:Hello Christopher,

Did you see that under 8 ° C the swimming pool cap no longer works? TECs generally drop to -5 ° C. 8 ° C, that's what I've had outside all day.

Yes I saw but the reversible Nano model and given for -5 ° C but even at 8 ° C this should not be a problem since I will install it indoors ...

CET = Thermodynamic Water Heaters I presume?

FabricePaille wrote:By not heating above 38 ° C (let's say 2 ° C loss on transfer), you will have a water heater conducive to legionella. While the CEt rises to 50/55 ° C without problem on the heat pump.

Yes, but I just answered: Legionella settles for years as my CE is not used for 8 months a year, it disinfects thermally (water too cold) ...

FabricePaille wrote:Finally, on the right corner, the new water heater out of the box, it is around 1000 € for an Atlantic or 270 L thermor. So that's only double the pool cap. I took mine through this (LG WH20S) and paid € 1100 for it

Yes I saw some used at an attractive price, less than 50% of the new one but we do not know how many hours they have ... buying a used fridge which is 10 years old is a risky bet .. .then there is the worry of transport!

ps: there is also the technological challenge in this subject: is it going to work? And at what level of performance! : Mrgreen:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Transform a solar DHW tank into a thermodynamic water heater with a small pool heat pump?

by sicetaitsimple » 11/11/21, 18:53

Christophe wrote:No worries about this since the balloon is not used for 8 months and goes down to 20 ° C which kills the proliferation of legionella ... I have been using it like that for over 10 years, no worries! For the moment : Mrgreen:

I didn't understand everything ... You don't use it as an "electric balloon" during the bad season? Do you have another way to produce the DHW?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/11/21, 18:55

Yes, I use it in winter as a solar enhancer (approximately for 4 months) but not in summer (8 months) where my solar buffer is above 35 ° C ...

I have a bypass on it.

Tonight the buffer is still at 40 ° C so the tank is not yet in service ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 11/11/21, 19:13

Christophe wrote:Yes, I use it as a solar enhancer in winter (about 4 months) but not in summer (8 months) where my solar buffer is above 35 ° C ...

I have a bypass on it.

Tonight the buffer is still at 40 ° C so the tank is not yet in service ...

Ah, I understand better (well I think!). During "summer" (8 months), your DHW is produced in an exchanger immersed in the buffer, is that it?

PS: if you have a diagram available, that would avoid long speeches!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/11/21, 19:57

That's it !

The diagram I already gave ... years ago and it's here: heating-insulation / wood-boiler-new-schema-installation-DHW-and-pcs-t4589.html (I think I reminded you not long ago, right?)

It is always the same double exchanger solar tank that I want to "thermodynamize":

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/11/21, 20:02

ps: I sold the DEOM in 2017 to replace it with a pellet boiler stove, the entire lower left part no longer exists ...

I also had fun with : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : heating-insulation / improve-the-performance-of-a-stove-a-pellet-hydraulic-ecotherm-THERMOROSSI-h2o-t15659.html
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 11/11/21, 20:12

Christophe wrote:That's it !

The diagram I already gave ... years ago and it's here: heating-insulation / wood-boiler-new-schema-installation-DHW-and-pcs-t4589.html (I think I reminded you not long ago, right?)

It is always the same double exchanger solar tank that I want to "thermodynamize":

OK, that's clear with the diagram (which I don't remember seeing before, but it doesn't matter).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/11/21, 20:18

Ah maybe it was for someone else then ... but I'm sure I recalled it not long ago ... in short, you've seen it now! 8)
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 12/11/21, 14:00

Anyway, I still don't understand why you want to heat your pool ... Image
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/11/21, 14:27

If that was the only thing you didn't understand !! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Good zamis alea jacta is as they say!

Yesterday I bought a reconditioned 3kW reversible poolex nano for 250 € ... I will keep you informed of the progress of the site.

Reversibility does not interest me (I think) but on paper it is more efficient since it starts at -5 ° C ... so I imagine that its chiller is generally more efficient than the model not reversible (who can do the most can do the least ...) ...
0 x