Convert a solar DHW tank (or fuel oil) into a thermodynamic water heater with a small swimming pool heat pump

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Re: Transform a solar DHW tank (or fuel oil) into a thermodynamic water heater with a small swimming pool heat pump

by Christophe » 22/11/22, 22:03

Christophe wrote:The solar ECS is always sufficient for showering and it's a record since I live here, generally I had to complete the heating around All Saints' Day...

I think that the crawl space insulation work has something to do with it... in addition to the particularly mild month of October 2022...

The nano will wait a few more days before resuming service! I estimate the restart in the first half of December...to be continued...

The outside temperature has dropped a lot over the last few days here and the last showers and washing up were a bit limited...so I just restarted the homemade thermodynamic balloon.

The Biral MX electronic circulator seized up and it is not a year old : Cry: ...it's all the more strange because I started it for a test just after installing the electrical panel at the end of August and 3 months ago there were no problems after a break of more than 4 months. .. : Shock:

On the electronics, you can't do it by the "ass", you have to disassemble the engine to unlock them, i.e. bleed the circuit (I didn't put isolation valves on this assembly given its small size).

Like what plumbing is not an exact science! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

Re: Transform a solar DHW tank (or fuel oil) into a thermodynamic water heater with a small swimming pool heat pump

by Christophe » 26/11/22, 12:47

Here are the first data from the daily consumption monitoring of the thermodynamic balloon and it's exactly what was planned, around 1 kWh per day...

There is a background consumption of 0.25 to 0.3 kWh per day (modem)

My solar pump is also monitored: it consumed 3.8 kWh on November 13, the last very sunny day here.

Screenshot_20221126-123841_Smart Life.jpg
Screenshot_20221126-123841_Smart Life.jpg (51.96 KiB) Viewed 1043 times

Screenshot_20221126-123857_Smart Life.jpg
Screenshot_20221126-123857_Smart Life.jpg (51.9 KiB) Viewed 1043 times

So who will be the 2nd to do the same assembly?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 26/11/22, 13:03

Come on, admit it, the days around 0.25 kWh, you didn't wash? ! : Lol:

I think when a balloon is about tp, in fact, it does not consume much more for a person.

For my case, when we were at 5 at home, I think I had a much more reasonable consumption than at 2.

A heavyweight for one ton with 2 pallets, at a consumption that does not necessarily quadruple to 20 tons and 33 pallets....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/22, 13:34

Roooh but understand nothing! : Mrgreen:

a) I restarted the heat pump on November 22, this can clearly be seen on the daily consumption data...

b) Your comparison is wrong: the consumption (physical = kWh DHW) of a tank depends on:

- losses (calculated above in this topic): about 1 kWh per day for mine memory (read above if you want the exact calculation)

- what you shoot on it: if you take 5 showers, you will consume 5 times more than 1 shower. 1 shower = 2 kWh.

The losses are valid whether you are 0, 1 or 10 occupants...so consumption per person per day tends to infinity at 0 occupants if that's what you meant.

But you consume no less at 2 than at 5 in absolute terms! It's physics, it's math.

So my electricity consumption compensates for the losses of the balloon and the rest is "free" heating energy...

Ideally I should do a comparative test with the same wattmeter with the resistor, but frankly I'm lazy and don't have time to rewire it because we can already see that it works well (average COP > 4)...I did my part of the job on this file so advice to amateurs who want to save money on their ECS!
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 27/11/22, 08:41

phil59 wrote:A heavyweight for one ton with 2 pallets, at a consumption that does not necessarily quadruple to 20 tons and 33 pallets....

And if it happens...Your 20-tonne heavyweight...By adding a teardrop profile to it, it will consume less than a one-tonne one with two pallets

If you add water injection to the engine and neodymium magnets on the diesel inlet pipes... beware, you will have to stop regularly to remove diesel from the tank to avoid any overflow... : Mrgreen:
1 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/11/22, 10:13

I experienced an interesting macro, I now see more and more a macro that is a little (a lot) con con on the edges...

Did your wife's spikes infect you? : Mrgreen:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 27/11/22, 20:17

Christophe wrote:I experienced an interesting macro, I now see more and more a macro that is a little (a lot) con con on the edges...

: Mrgreen:

Well, if we can laugh a little more, then it's better to sulk! : Lol:
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/11/22, 00:03

Laughing okay but that's on the verge of making fun of you...and nothing to do with the subject...in short...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/03/23, 11:20

I put a thermometer connected not far from the air outlet of the heat pump of the tank (but not in the air flow) a few days ago, here are the operating curves over 2,5 days and 24 hours :

Screenshot_20230301-103911_INKBIRD.jpg
Screenshot_20230301-103911_INKBIRD.jpg (150.59 KiB) Accessed 449 times

Screenshot_20230301-104027_INKBIRD.jpg
Screenshot_20230301-104027_INKBIRD.jpg (139.34 KiB) Accessed 449 times

You can clearly see the start-up cycles of the heat pump: I have 3 to 4 cycles a day...surprisingly it's very regular, it seems that the DHW consumption doesn't play a big role on it? Sampling of the measurements is done at 30 minutes. I can lower it but it erases all the old data... :(

In short, over a year, i.e. a maximum of 5 months of use, I have approximately: 3.5 * 5 * 30 = 525 cycles of approximately 30 minutes or 260 hours of annual operation...

In terms of cycles, it is certainly much more than use on a swimming pool, which cycles much longer...but in terms of operating time, it is much less than residential air conditioning, even as an extra ...since 260 hours only represents around ten days of continuous operation!

The wear of an air conditioner is mainly on the hours of operation I presume and it is generally sized to last 5 to 10 years continuously (so 50 hours of operation?) a priori my assembly should last many years! 8) 8) 8)

I would be curious to know the data of the cycles on commercial thermodynamic balloons.

Somebody knows ? Anyone here have one?
0 x