Convert a solar DHW tank (or fuel oil) into a thermodynamic water heater with a small swimming pool heat pump

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Re: Transform a solar DHW tank (or fuel oil) into a thermodynamic water heater with a small swimming pool heat pump?

by Christophe » 25/11/21, 00:17

I had not answered because I had understood nothing izy : Mrgreen:

Yes you have found the operation ... the "ugly but PACsé" (hihi) balloon is preheated by the buffer ... when it is in operation (about 4 months) the rest of the time it is bypassed ... we can see the 3 valves perhaps on the photos above… (already said on page 3 in fact)

This preheating should be taken into account in the heat balance of the installation of the heat pump ... but it already existed with the resistance ...

Yes it is the reserve exchanger that I used from the diagram.

ps: the curve I have never drawn it but roughly it is the same as a flattened solar PV production in winter it never goes below 20 ° C and I limit it to 65 ° C max. in summer…
0 x
Christophe

Re: Transform a solar DHW tank (or fuel oil) into a thermodynamic water heater with a small swimming pool heat pump?

by Christophe » 27/11/21, 18:10

Well I have just isolated the circuit, I consider that the site is finished (at least from a hydraulic or thermal point of view, I still have to wire everything properly at the electrical level ... I would do that "tomorrow" .. .):

20211127_174808.jpg
20211127_174808.jpg (471.97 KB) Viewed times 1334

In terms of consumption, it's been a week at 8.9 kWh for 167 hours of operation ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 27/11/21, 18:45

Christophe wrote:In terms of consumption, it's been a week at 8.9 kWh for 167 hours of operation ...

And now that you are in more or less established mode, what does it give in "hot" and "cold" temperature on the HP side, and DHW temperature?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/11/21, 19:20

I do not understand your question : Mrgreen:

I am at 37.5 ° C DHW at the level of the 2nd floor shower on the left if you want to know everything! : Mrgreen:

I just passed the heat pump to 39 ° C ... and the circulator is still at 7-8W ... next reading in 7 days ...

There are good and bad in this world ... the worst are the bad who pass themselves off as good ... but in the end there are mostly bad guys who don't give a damn about their pockets!
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 27/11/21, 19:43

Christophe wrote:I do not understand your question : Mrgreen:

There are good and bad in this world ... the worst are the bad who pass themselves off as good ... but in the end there are mostly bad guys who don't give a damn about their pockets!

: Shock: : Shock: : Shock: That is to say? I'm just asking you for a few temperatures .....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/11/21, 19:54

Did you feel targeted? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Yet it was not the case ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/21, 12:52

Simple, I answer the temperature of the hot spring ...

I put a thermometer in the room, I had overestimated the room temperature: it is 15 ° C and not between 17 and 20 ° C ... and it is only at the beginning of winter. ..but I don't think it drops below 13 ° C since it is connected to the crawl space ...

Consumption level I have been at 10.5 kWh since Saturday, November 20 around 20:00 p.m. ... or about 8.5 days ... average consumption: 1.2 kWh / day (it seems stable ...).

Average power consumption "all inclusive" (including the 8W Modem : Mrgreen: ) that is to say Heat pump, circulator, tank and network losses: 51w

Frankly, it's not bad at all, even excellent, given the calculation of the losses of a 300L balloon (see .pdf of izy above and calculations here: water-pumping-filtration / transforming-a-solar-DHW-tank-into-thermodynamic-water-heater-with-a-small-pool-t17035-30.html # p473953 ) ... estimated at 37W (with DHW setpoint at 45 ° C ... it is only at 39 ° C, this will reduce the losses a little) !! : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

In addition, I only properly isolated the circuit this weekend ...

Circulator always at 7W.
HP setpoint at 39 ° C since this weekend.
2nd floor shower temperature: 37.5 to 38 ° C ... (the copper DHW network is not completely isolated) ...

For me that's enough ... for a chilly certainly not but I don't have any on hand at the moment : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

To be continued...

ps: I have an external probe on the thermometer, so you will soon have the temperature of the "cold source" ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 29/11/21, 13:08

Christophe wrote:Simple, I answer the temperature of the hot spring ...

Indeed it all seems good.
But I think you did not understand my question: I was asking you for the temperature of the "hot" water at the heat pump outlet and of the "cold" water at the heat pump inlet in steady state.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/21, 13:14

Ah bin here I understood that I had not understood! : Mrgreen:

I don't have a pipe contact differential thermometer on hand :( but i had a K probe over 10 years ago ... and if i slide the probes under the insulation it should be ok ...

But I don't know if it still works ... well I'll go get my archaeological shovel! : Lol: : Lol:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 29/11/21, 13:19

Christophe wrote:Ah bin here I understood that I had not understood! : Mrgreen:

I don't have a pipe contact differential thermometer on hand :( but i had a K probe over 10 years ago ... and if i slide the probes under the insulation it should be ok ...

But I don't know if it still works ... well I'll go get my archaeological shovel! : Lol: : Lol:

The instrumentation of the CAP does not provide this information? That's a shame.
0 x