water properties, general sights and isotopes

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

water properties, general sights and isotopes

by Christophe » 22/08/06, 15:08

Online publication of 3 general articles on the properties of water:

1) General and curiosities: https://www.econologie.com/les-propriete ... s-545.html
2) Physical and chemical properties: https://www.econologie.com/les-propriete ... -3144.html
3) Isotopes and molecular structure: https://www.econologie.com/les-propriete ... -3145.html

And yes ... water is really a strange element and we are far from knowing everything (this is rarely said in class) ...

It is surely not for nothing that it is at the origin of life ...
Last edited by Christophe the 08 / 08 / 07, 11: 18, 1 edited once.
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Properties of water, generalities, curiosities and isot

by bolt » 23/08/06, 00:10

good evening Christophe
You wrote :
2) The ice water passage is done with expansion: if the water occupies a constrained volume, the container undergoes colossal pressure (more than 200 bars).

Indeed, it is more than 200 bar, I had already heard a cow braying "2400 bar" (it may have been hoarse and I misunderstood !, further you marked 207 000 Kpa) or 2070 bar

For my part, I never checked

By the way, I put "bar" in the singular, is it an invariable word like "euro" ?, and never takes s. Is there a French teacher who can confirm?

It's true that when you have more than one bar (or more than one euro), you always want to put an "s"

bolt
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 23/08/06, 01:27

There is one important property in Marseille that has not been mentioned:

Water cloudy pastis : Mrgreen:
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 23/08/06, 04:54

Hello
Very interesting we learn it every day.
Ocean water evaporates with isotopic fractionation: the light isotope of oxygen evaporates in preference to the heavy isotope. Oceans are richer in heavy isotopes than cloud and precipitation water

If we apply this principle to the bubbler, by dint of adding water to the bubbler, there are only heavy isotopes in the bottom?
it might be a good idea to purge the bubblers from time to time and leave with fresh water. Wearing once I forgot to add more and the bubbler has completely dried up.
the water which remains in the bottom of the bubbler has a brownish color, however it is entirely made of tinned red copper.
I will end up believing that water with impurities and higher al, distilled water, I always start my reactor with water pumped from a well which contains more sediment, then rain water, and now water from tap with vinegar.

Andre
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 23/08/06, 10:30

Bolt wrote:.... By the way, I put "bar" in the singular, is it an unchanging word like "euro" ?, and never takes s. Is there a French teacher who can confirm?

It's true that when you have more than one bar (or more than one euro), you always want to put an "s"

bolt

Hello,
It seems to me that, like most of the units, bar is variable.
Euro would be an exception ??
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
delnoram

by delnoram » 23/08/06, 12:11

bolon wrote:
By the way, I put "bar" in the singular, is it an invariable word like "euro" ?, and never takes s. Is there a French teacher who can confirm?

Ben the dictionary does not mention invariable, therefore ....

[2 ball joke mode ON]

Question: if you wash with water rich in Zizitop heavy does it make hairs grow?

[2-ball joke mode OFF]
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
mezigue
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mezigue » 23/08/06, 12:19

Curiosities of water:

1) Ice floats on water: the density of ice is 8% lower than that of liquid water.

This means that 8% of the mass of an ice cube is above the surface or larger vision: 8% of the mass of icebergs is on the surface.

Iceberg = at sea therefore different buoyancy.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/08/06, 14:40

Bolt wrote:Indeed, it is more than 200 bar, I had already heard a cow braying "2400 bar" (it may have been hoarse and I misunderstood !, further you marked 207 000 Kpa) or 2070 bar

1) I don't understand your hint at all) the cow ...
2) for the 200 bar small typing error, I forgot a zero which I will add immediately

For André: I do not think that the low proportions of heavier isotopes in water do anything in a bubbler compared to other factors (dust, rust ...).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/08/06, 14:43

mezigue wrote:Iceberg = at sea therefore different buoyancy.

You quibble but it's just ... as the sea salt water is denser there is more than 8% emerged ... but as the salinity of the sea water varies enormously from region to region other I prefer to refrain from putting forward precise figures ... moreover we are still talking about 5% for icebergs ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/08/06, 17:46

Adding a download:
Synthesis on the molecular organization and theory of clusters of the water molecule.

https://www.econologie.com/les-propriete ... -3146.html
Last edited by Christophe the 08 / 08 / 07, 11: 16, 1 edited once.
0 x