Oyas, terracotta jars to save water in the garden

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Did67

Re: The Oyas, terracotta jars to save water in the garden

by Did67 » 24/06/17, 21:21

Or a drip programmer with humidity probe ...

http://www.gardena.com/fr/outils-jardin ... 900898601/

There are also some with rain sensors (watering being constant if it doesn't rain) ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/17, 12:08

Frankly, I don't really understand your reluctance and your economic criticism ...

The initiative is interesting, it saves water and creates some artisanal and local jobs ...

Do you prefer Chinese clay, "full of CO2" and half the price? Me no ... you have to stay consistent in your ecological discourse!

Otherwise in terms of operation in my opinion, the best would be to use a programmer to fill the Oyas ... like that, it's no longer worth thinking about filling :) good for the lazy vegetable garden!

Did, I quite agree with your arguments on the physiology of plants, we risk a root imbalance ...

BUT I see a big drawback: the frost protection... in cold regions it will be necessary to take care to empty the Oyas before the big frosts (it is not the cover which will be enough to insulate if it goes down to -15 ° I think ...) ... and that c is a job if there are 150 as in the report (but it is in the South, just like the company ... may not be for nothing).

See also durability over the years ... because the cold can hurt even when empty. So if it's to remove them every season it's not worth it ...

So it may not be perfect but it remains a good AMHA initiative.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/06/17, 15:20

Christophe wrote:Frankly, I don't really understand your reluctance and your economic criticism ...

The initiative is interesting, it saves water and creates some artisanal and local jobs ...

Do you prefer Chinese clay, "full of CO2" and half the price? Me no ... you have to stay consistent in your ecological discourse!

I doubt the water savings. And I think you can get the same thing without ... That's all.

So I don't see the point.

Ecological consistency is not to consume something that we do not need. Or that does not do an obvious service.

Nowhere did I imply that you had to buy Chinese stuff.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/17, 15:25

Well it seems to me that the technique has all the same proven itself ... at least in the South ...

For my allusion to the Chinese it is because some above said that it was too expensive so necessarily we think of cheaper productions elsewhere ...

Personally I do not find that a pot of artisanal quality Made in France at 22 € is too expensive * especially if it allows you to reduce your bills ... but hey ... each one of his purchasing priorities (and when we see how most people consume ... rolalalla nan I prefer not to talk about it ...)

* I recently saw purely decorative plastic flower pots "Made in France" at more than 80 € (90 cm in diameter by 1 m) ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

which is determined in this sense

by Ahmed » 25/06/17, 15:37

Technically, it is completely outdated in terms of efficiency and practicality in use ... It is only a gadget which is "traditional" to better trap the pigeon.
It is very good to buy Chinese *, since by going in the direction of a fatal economic logic, we exacerbate the contradiction which will lead to its inevitable collapse (already visible, in its first manifestations) ...

* It is even the only possibility of action on a trend which is determined in this sense by too many factors: accelerating or slowing it down ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/17, 15:40

Ha ha ha!

It is not false : Mrgreen:

But no agreement on the pigeons ... coupled with a drip I am convinced that it is more efficient (than one or the other solution alone)!
0 x
perseus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by perseus » 26/06/17, 08:47

Hello,

Christophe wrote:Well it seems to me that the technique has all the same proven itself ... at least in the South ...

For my allusion to the Chinese it is because some above said that it was too expensive so necessarily we think of cheaper productions elsewhere ...

Personally I do not find that a pot of artisanal quality Made in France at 22 € is too expensive * especially if it allows you to reduce your bills ... but hey ... each one of his purchasing priorities (and when we see how most people consume ... rolalalla nan I prefer not to talk about it ...)

* I recently saw purely decorative plastic flower pots "Made in France" at more than 80 € (90 cm in diameter by 1 m) ...

€ 22 per jar.
Considering the profitability, you still have to save, with a ladle, more than 7 m3 of water. 1400 fillings of the oyas. The calculation has its limits it is safe but good. :-)
I remain skeptical even if, I agree, it is necessary to consider other parameters, type of plants, the environment, source of water etc etc.

@+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/17, 10:01

You keep 3 € / m3 ... there are many places where it has become more expensive than that!

It depends on where you live, your habits and your consumption ... last year I paid € 10 / m3: water-pumping-filtration / swe-the-company-wallonne-of-water-10-m3-t14719.html

The price does not change the number of fillings ... high ... Hence the idea mentioned above to couple them with a programmer :)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 26/06/17, 10:09

Christophe wrote:.coupled to a drop by drop I am convinced that it is more efficient (than one or the other solution alone)!

Basically the gain would then be, by coupling, compared to a drip without jars, the fact that the water consumption adjusts automatically, depending on the humidity of the soil ... By the tensions d and porosity.

But then either your jars are not full; when the ground is wet (rain), the drip increases the level in the jar; water is not wasted. But when it is dry, the efficiency decreases (less exchange surface).

Either you keep them full and you will have the fault that the drip will overflow the jar as soon as it rains, when there is no need ... We find the fault that you incriminate, to rightly, "basic" drip (programmer without humidity probe).

I still don't see the benefit. And on what you base your conviction, if not a priori favorable ... Which is your right!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/06/17, 10:25

My conviction is just to avoid the chore of 1400 manual fillings ...: Mrgreen:

On this one, I think I'm more lazy than the King of lazy ... (uh that's you lol)
0 x