Anti scale system environmentally friendly?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
ecologicreation
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Anti scale system environmentally friendly?

by ecologicreation » 03/09/10, 14:24

Bonjour à tous

Like many, we were given an anti-limestone system with beads (polyphosphate) that must be changed regularly and which, if it is effective nevertheless has an impact on the environment.
Looking at the question, I found a fairly well done table on this page (sorry, unable to copy and paste from my Mac) http://www.h2o-national.com/media/cahie ... _lutte.pdf

If we stick to this table, it would be the electric and magnetic which would be the least polluting but remain 'they effective?
After several searches to find one of these systems at a correct price, I came across a pretty cool site that talks about an English device http://picchou.free.fr/Materiels.htm
Do you think it is effective? apparently we can only order it in England and with the costs, I risk arriving at a hundred Euros, after if it's valid and we are quiet afterwards, all without impact on the environment, I'm interested!

Has anyone experienced it?
Or another system why not ...

Thank you in advance

Caro
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

limestone

by tigrou_838 » 03/09/10, 14:58

Hello,

humor: we : Cheesy:

you also have another solution, you feed only rainwater, like that no lime or other.

: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

humor: off : Cheesy:

ps, that will not advance your schmiliiimiliblicc

tigrou : Mrgreen:
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

limestone

by tigrou_838 » 03/09/10, 15:45

Hello,

for that one

"came across a pretty cool site that talks about an English device http://picchou.free.fr/Materiels.htm
Do you think it is effective? apparently we can only order it in "

it is part of the magnetic family, which are only big rare earth magnets (pack in plastic), neodym or other, so very strong magnetic field, this it works or not, I don't know, but in general this kind of magnet is not given.

maybe do some research on the efficiency as a function of the magnetic field, in gausse if I remember correctly.

maybe it is worth the cost, maybe ask those who put something like this on their fuel hose on their car if there is a difference with or without.

I see that they make for several use.

tigrou
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 03/09/10, 18:28

Limestone is not bad for health, and for washing clothes, 1/2 wine glass of white vinegar in the drum of the machine before starting the washing it does it too: does not pollute and costs only a few cents ... suddenly no need for all these devices ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/09/10, 20:37

vinegar? the detergent contains soda, the vinegar will neutralize part of it in pure loss ... it seems completely unnecessary

for the rest I agree the limestone in the water is nothing bad: the most ecological is to take the water as it is

so avoid bad devices that do not support limescale

especially do not take seriously Calgon type pub for which limestone breaks down all washing machines! this is completely false!

on the other hand, no one complains about electric cumulus or the powdered limestone builds up to make them lose all the useful volume: it would be necessary to put a big drain tap to get rid of it from time to time
0 x
ecologicreation
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ecologicreation » 03/09/10, 20:41

Bonsoir

Ah, I see that the sun has good repercussions on the mood of our joker Tigger, mdr : Cheesy:

For your idea of ​​rainwater, we are waiting to be finally connected to our beautiful treatment plant that we already pay on our bills, lol, so after that we can empty the septic tank and collect it for storage rainwater but in the meantime, the water here is far too limestone to do without a device.

It is not a question whether the limestone is bad or not for the health Oiseautempête, but especially the fact that without anti-limescale system, the mixers do not work and even less with the water saving systems screw at the ends, it's very simple, it got blocked so quickly that we no longer had enough pressure to trigger the boiler which also produces hot water!

so we don't have too many choices at the moment, unfortunately.

Thanks for your advice boys

good night

Caro
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/09/10, 21:02

what are you complaining about thanks to limestone your economizer becomes even more efficient! once completely plugged you save 100%

it reminds me of when I had tap water, from time to time I soaked the tap diffusers in vinegar ...

but for 10 years I have only had rain water so no more limestone
0 x
ecologicreation
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ecologicreation » 03/09/10, 21:09

chatelot16 wrote:what are you complaining about thanks to limestone your economizer becomes even more efficient! once completely plugged you save 100%

it reminds me of when I had tap water, from time to time I soaked the tap diffusers in vinegar ...

but for 10 years I have only had rain water so no more limestone

Well here you are, you've found the solution, as soon as the taps are turned off, we don't wash anymore! : Cheesy:

I think it's going to be the most ecological solution, well there will still be the problem of small odors : Mrgreen:

Thank you for advancing my shmilblick

good night
expensive
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/09/10, 22:09

old septic tank for rainwater? blah ... I know someone who did it: the water always has a bad smell, however after several cleaning in the karcher
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 04/09/10, 13:35

chatelot16 wrote:vinegar? the detergent contains soda, the vinegar will neutralize part of it in pure loss ... it seems completely unnecessary

especially do not take seriously Calgon type pub for which limestone breaks down all washing machines! this is completely false!

on the other hand, no one complains about electric cumulus or the powdered limestone builds up to make them lose all the useful volume: it would be necessary to put a big drain tap to get rid of it from time to time

It's not about putting 1 liter of vinegar : Lol: but to put just the quantity of vinegar necessary to soften the water and it works very well: the detergent washes better and the linen remains flexible even without softener ... Must try to understand ...
Even with very hard water, a washing machine will have no deposit (except slight white veil on the resistance) if you do not wash at more than 60 ° C.
To significantly fill a cumulus it still takes many years or a large consumption of hot water: that of my parents who live in an area with very hard water, is 30 years old and still has a very sufficient useful volume ... sometimes heats to 80 ° since it is mixed solar / electric ... I do not think that a drain valve is sufficient, it would require an access hatch because the limestone becomes in the long term hard like concrete .. .
0 x