Anti scale system environmentally friendly?

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 04/09/10, 13:52

vinegar replaces softener at the end of the cycle
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 04/09/10, 14:04

rinsing vinegar as a softener is really not the same as in the washing drum

of course making the rinsing water slightly acidic will avoid any lime deposit on the laundry and the machine
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 04/09/10, 14:16

oiseautempete wrote:To significantly fill a cumulus it still takes many years or a large consumption of hot water: that of my parents who live in an area with very hard water, is 30 years old and still has a very sufficient useful volume ... sometimes heats to 80 ° since it is mixed solar / electric ... I do not think that a drain valve is sufficient, it would require an access hatch because the limestone becomes in the long term hard like concrete .. .

yes I am a little hard when I say that it reduces the useful volume: the danger is rather that it fills the bottom of the tank or and the resistance, therefore decreases the circulation of water around and makes it overheat

I also note that these chips come out through the safety valve, get caught in the joint and make it leak ...

in my area, each time I dismantle a water heater, I get out several tens of liters of limestone in shavings: I think it's a big cause of grilled resistance, and that a good drain tap would avoid the problem , or to make automatic a safety valve with abrupt opening: instead of letting dripping drop, which opens a good blow with each overpressure
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 04/09/10, 19:05

chatelot16 wrote:rinsing vinegar as a softener is really not the same as in the washing drum

of course making the rinsing water slightly acidic will avoid any lime deposit on the laundry and the machine

The vinegar must be washed, with the detergent, because if you put alcohol vinegar in place of the softener, the laundry smells of vinegar (and the odor, although light, persists and is little pleasant) whereas if you wash with vinegar and rinse without, no odor and as surprising as it seems, there is hardly any difference in terms of suppleness of the fabric (me and my wife have made different tests, included to find the right dosage of vinegar).
Findings: detergent + vinegar is MORE EFFECTIVE than with hard water without vinegar unless you overdose the detergent ... the detergent dosage is that for "soft water": the detergent we use, Ariel liquid, adopted definitively after several tests of ecological detergents which all have drawbacks (grayness, sometimes discoloration, musty odors as soon as the drying is not fast (wet weather) and poor efficiency on very dirty and greasy laundry (professional) ...
Note that we did not notice any effervescence when we mix Ariel and vinegar, therefore a priori no chemical neutralization ...
0 x
MDL Cruchots
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by MDL Cruchots » 03/01/11, 11:03

About limestone in water heaters.
2-3 years ago my water heater started to spit water vapor. I took advantage of the change in thermostat to empty the tank and remove the sheath from the resistance.

She was resting on a sandbank.

So I have, by hand (provide a glove, it scratches limescale!) 12 Kg of sand (I weighed it!) And there was still some at the bottom, but the passage being too narrow, my big arms do not not pass.
The sheath seal was also completely corroded.

After discussing it with plumbers, here is what stands out.

Either drain and clean your water heater every two years, or never.
Doing it like me after 14 years means weakening it (even if it continued to work very well 3 years after the drain!).

For all the professionals to whom I have spoken, 10 years is a good average life for a water heater.
0 x